collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Disney Fairies  (Read 6311 times)

Offline LittleSpiffy

• Spifftastic!
  • Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Disney Fairies
« Reply #75 on: June 22, 2015, 12:01:57 PM »
I haven't dared rewatch Neverbeast since my cat died a month ago. :(

*hugs*  Sorry for your loss <3

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 22, 2015, 02:12:16 PM »
I just finished watching Neverbeast for the fourth time.  Why is it that I cry at the ending each time?!

Me too!  I think I cried because when he wakes up, everyone he knows will be dead, including Fawn (so I guess we know fairies don't live forever). Also sleeping 1000 years seems a bit like death too-  and the thought of a life where he sleeps for 1000 years only to wake up briefly and build the towers to protect the fairies- only to go back to sleep again-  well that seems like a rather sad life doesn't it?

Offline Violet CLM

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Sunset Shimmer did nothing wrong
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 16, 2015, 01:24:24 AM »
Brag post? Brag post~
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I got a bunch of the half-size fairies on eBay, in that I only meant to get a few of them, but the seller sent me a different lot by mistake, and then decided to send the ones I'd actually ordered too for no extra charge. o_O Anyway now I have three Silvermists and two of half the other girls but not an Iridessa to be seen. Also a lot of them don't have wings. But they're pretty neat anyway and came with some alternate outfits.

The card game box I came upon quite at random yesterday but was cute enough to pick up. It indeed has two decks of cards, one with all pictures of Tinker Bell and the other with group pictures or solo pictures of her and her friends. (I much prefer that second one. ;)) Each includes a rules card--one is nothing more than Crazy Eights with difficult-to-distinguish suits, and the other is a reflex-based game I don't completely understand but oh well it's not like I anticipate playing them anyway. But there are nice cards for all they use stock images and so on.

Offline ringwraith10

• Lake Pirate Pony
  • Trade Count: (+18)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Barnacle is my first mate!
    • View Profile
    • Video Games as Literature
« Reply #78 on: July 23, 2015, 04:25:59 PM »
Ooh, looks like you got a nice little collection there! And I've seen so many neat licensed playing cards lately -- I don't play with cards often, but when I do I'll have plenty of decks to choose from at this rate! ;)

Offline LittleSpiffy

• Spifftastic!
  • Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 26, 2015, 06:43:19 PM »
I should probably post this somewhere else, but seeing as this is a Disney Fairies interest thread, I'll go ahead and mention this:

I have a 1st wave Disney Store Rani doll that needs a new home.  She's one of the 9" (approximate) dolls that came out when the books were popular (i.e. pre-Tinkerbell Movies).  She's missing her headband and wings.  Perfect for a custom or if you want to steal her dress & shoes for a doll you may already own.

If I remember correctly, Rani loses her wings in the books to save Mother Dove, so perhaps she's more accurate without wings?   ;)

I'd love to trade for a doll I don't own or accessories I need (see my want list in my sig).  Or, you can make an offer.  I'm going to pop her on eBay this Thursday, but wanted to give ya'll first dibs on her.

I also have ONE Rani shoe that I got in a box of random doll clothes.  If you need it, pay shipping and it's yours!

Offline Violet CLM

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 20, 2015, 01:23:09 AM »

Feathermay and her nautically inclined friends hope you all had a great Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Offline Aitsuki

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 20, 2015, 02:26:57 AM »
I wish more movies were coming out. They're so much fun! I enjoyed the main three books too. They have beautiful illustrations, and charming stories.
My 3DS Friend Code (Playing Pokemon Moon): 2938-6334-2129

S.o.a.r.

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #82 on: October 18, 2015, 11:40:01 PM »
Aw, I love Tinkerbell! Not so much in "Peter Pan" (because I've never liked that movie) but I really fell in love with her thanks to the Tinkerbell movies! I own only the first two movies but plan on getting the rest soon and despite my love for the fairies (Rosetta is my personal favorite) I might not be collecting any of the toys/dolls. I'm a movie addict and with the movies I can relive the Tinkerbell adventures over and over again.

Like many of you, I think/hope the Disney Fairies will not really dissapear completely but I just said to my 11-year-old niece the other day that I was hoping for more movies...

Offline ringwraith10

• Lake Pirate Pony
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 21, 2015, 03:29:27 PM »

Feathermay and her nautically inclined friends hope you all had a great Talk Like a Pirate Day!
So jealous! I wish I could find some of the nice dolls (all I ever see are the really tiny ones).

I do hope they end up making another movie after all. Netflix has been super promoting the latest movie recently, though that may just be because I watch "similar" movies. I just feel bad that I've gotten interested in the series right at the end of it! So far I only actually own two of the movies, but I will be getting all of them eventually.

Offline Violet CLM

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 21, 2015, 08:04:04 PM »
So jealous! I wish I could find some of the nice dolls (all I ever see are the really tiny ones).
I see some in TRU/Target, though I suspect I'm just seeing the same ones every time I visit. :( The Disney promotion machine really does seem to have stopped. But I check eBay every day, and someday I hope to find an affordable Vidia... and maybe maybe, if I wait long enough, Spike and Glimmer. o_O And I think there might be one or more random garden fairies from the Pixie Hollow Games that also have dolls, that pretty much never turn up? Aaaaaah. This is hard.
I do hope they end up making another movie after all. Netflix has been super promoting the latest movie recently, though that may just be because I watch "similar" movies. I just feel bad that I've gotten interested in the series right at the end of it! So far I only actually own two of the movies, but I will be getting all of them eventually.
Ohhh yes. Up to the first four DVDs personally so far, but they seem to get progressively more expensive, I guess because they're just more recent. Good for Netflix, though :3

Princess Lala

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #85 on: October 21, 2015, 09:46:36 PM »
We still have some Disney Faries dolls at Walmart, its leftovers from the Pirate Fairy movie. I think they are still full price? I remember seeing the Disney Store classic dolls have a sale, the Zarina doll was only $8! I havnt seen any at Ross or TJ Maxx for sale yet.

It does seem to have slowed down entirely with the franchise? I feel like this series is so well loved and successful! I woukd love more movies and dolls!

Offline Violet CLM

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 02, 2015, 07:33:59 PM »
Well, Disney has released its projected schedule for the next several years, so if you want additional proof, there you go. On the other hand, the Tink movies have been made by Disneytoon Studios... and nobody knows what they're doing now. Life is strange.

Offline ringwraith10

• Lake Pirate Pony
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 03, 2015, 01:09:39 PM »
Yeah, it seems pretty definite. It's still sad -- the last movie was, in my opinion, one of the best. :(

Offline ringwraith10

• Lake Pirate Pony
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 23, 2016, 12:24:59 PM »
So I know it's been a while since this thread was active, but I was thinking about the Fairy movies today and I thought of some questions/topics of interest:

1) I think it would have been great if they had ended the series with a final tie-in to Peter Pan. Like, showing when Peter and Tink first meet in Neverland and how that happens. That whole concept is still so vague.

2) How exactly do the lost things reach Pixie Hollow? Is it like when a person loses something and just can't figure out where it is, somehow it ends up magically transported to the shores of Pixie Hollow?

3) In the first movie Tink puts together a music box which she eventually delivers to its owner, Wendy. Well, chronologically with the rest of the movies it doesn't make sense for that to be the same Wendy from Peter Pan. So is she Wendy's mother or grandmother? Or just some random other girl named Wendy? Or is Pixie Hollow/Neverland like Narnia in that time is totally out of order and un-trackable?

Okay, those are my deep questions. :)

Offline Buffy

• Trade Count: (+192)
    • View Profile
    • Buffys Paradise
« Reply #89 on: January 23, 2016, 02:33:08 PM »
I love Tinkerbell...have had a chinchilla with that Name, but she died a few years ago.
I got two new Chinchillas today and they are calling Fawn and Periwinkle(their Cage mate is Fairytale)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal