collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Disney Fairies  (Read 6250 times)

Offline LittleSpiffy

• Spifftastic!
  • Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Disney Fairies
« Reply #60 on: May 11, 2015, 02:27:55 AM »
There was a bunch of hub-bub about the fake Pirate Fairies.  Apparently, in Argentina, a bunch were being sold with a bit of scrap plastic that should have been removed during production.  People were freaking out because they thought they were penises.  Let me try to find the news clip...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2883531/Is-world-s-transgender-doll-Shocked-mother-posts-photo-online-three-year-old-daughter-discovers-fairy-doll-male-genitalia.html

*mutters* this is what happens when morons buy knock offs XD

Offline Violet CLM

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Sunset Shimmer did nothing wrong
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 11, 2015, 02:56:11 AM »
"The controversy has been discussed in newspapers and on TV and radio across the country, with outspoken presenters questioning whether the doll is a positive representation of sexual diversity for children."
Wow. I can't decide whether Argentina needs more bigger news stories or if the US needs less.

Offline LittleSpiffy

• Spifftastic!
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 11, 2015, 09:50:37 AM »
"The controversy has been discussed in newspapers and on TV and radio across the country, with outspoken presenters questioning whether the doll is a positive representation of sexual diversity for children."
Wow. I can't decide whether Argentina needs more bigger news stories or if the US needs less.
LoL, the article is from the UK XD

Offline ringwraith10

• Lake Pirate Pony
  • Trade Count: (+18)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Barnacle is my first mate!
    • View Profile
    • Video Games as Literature
« Reply #63 on: May 11, 2015, 03:09:13 PM »

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

These look closest to the Tink I found. I almost wish I had bought her now. I might stop by again tonight if I can and see if she is still there...

And those dolls with "male genitalia" -- too funny! Honestly, I don't think that should be such big news, but I know that the media often scrambles to find stories they think people will want to read (and share). Although... I kinda want one of those now. ;)

Offline ringwraith10

• Lake Pirate Pony
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 07, 2015, 08:07:00 PM »
Has this been mentioned yet?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4218708/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_4

I just noticed it when I was browsing IMDB. Does anyone know any details on it? Tinker Bell is supposed to be played by an actress who has never played her before... I can't even tell if it's Disney related, honestly. :shrug:

Offline Violet CLM

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 07, 2015, 11:51:20 PM »
I think it's different from Tink, the other upcoming live-action movie. Though I think that one is Disney-related... maybe? The rights to the Peter Pan mythos belong to a children's hospital, not to Disney, so there's a lot of leeway for other people to make stuff. But that's really all I know?

TMS had a nice article a couple weeks ago, for all it needed more Zarina. There's not much news going on anymore. :(

Offline ringwraith10

• Lake Pirate Pony
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 08, 2015, 12:14:22 AM »
Love The Mary Sue! I wonder how I missed that article. :) Yeah, there's a lot more they could have talked about there, but they did need to keep it succinct.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 08, 2015, 09:22:03 AM »
I finally saw the Neverbeast- I think it may have been the best Disney Fairies movie yet! It was on Netflix I think...

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 08, 2015, 04:15:52 PM »
I was finally able to see the Neverbeast movie, it finally appeared on Netflix.  I did enjoy it, it was cute and sort of sad but it wasn't really the same not having Tinker Bell as the main character.

Offline lemontwist

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 08, 2015, 06:43:20 PM »
You guys might appreciate my story! I got to meet the woman who was the reference model for Tinkerbell for the Disney movie Peter Pan. Her name's Margaret Kerry. She also did modelling for the red-haired Mermaid, as well as the voice acting! She was the one who said "We were only trying to drown her".

She was asked to come speak at my middle school, because the principal was a huge Disney fanatic. She talked all about what it was like, and it really sparked a love for animation and art. She had to speak twice because our only indoor area big enough for an assembly doesn't fit the whole school and they didn't want to make an elderly woman stand out in the cold for such a long period of time. So as soon as my assembly (the first one) was let out, the second half of the students went in and we got a recess period. I immediately started drawing Tinkerbell. From memory, so I remember it being awful and inaccurate, but I remember being proud of it at the time. After some back and forth arguing with myself, I decided to give it to her. So when the second assembly let out and she came outside to leave, I ran up to her and timidly handed over the drawing. I'm sure she's gotten hundreds of drawings from cartoon loving kids, and it couldn't have been more than another cute moment for her, but I have always been very shy and private about my art, so giving a drawing of a character to the celebrity behind the character was a huge thing for me. So I've always had a soft spot for Tinkerbell and always will, because of that lovely woman who captivated me enough to give me both inspiration to draw and the courage to share it. I'd always been artistic as a kid but hadn't been much at that time due to lack of confidence and motivation.

The funny thing is, I tend to hate most Tinkerbell merchandise (mainly the shirts for adults that have "sassy" quotes like "I get my way!" or "Miss Attitude") and I was REALLY hesitant to watch the Tinkerbell movies because I thought it was going to be playing on that one-dimensional view of Tink. I'm so glad her character has been given the opportunity to display a fully fleshed-out personality and be something more than the favorite tee shirt of every all-grown-up spoiled brat.  :P
Sales - Pony and Doll Wishlist!

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 09, 2015, 09:30:48 AM »
Very nice story Lemontwist- I'm sure that she loved getting your picture. I love it when kids draw me stuff  :biggrin:

Offline ringwraith10

• Lake Pirate Pony
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 09, 2015, 07:24:38 PM »
lemontwist -- what a cool story! And I agree about those dumb t-shirts. They had me really disliking Tinker Bell for a long time. This thread is actually the reason I started watching the movies, waaaay after they were already a thing.

Offline rayedelsol

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Phoebe Nix
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #72 on: June 09, 2015, 07:55:28 PM »
How funny! I've been on a Disney Fairies movies kick lately. I've been listening to the songs from the movies, and just rewatched Neverbeast tonight. I'm sad I got on this train a little late.

Offline LittleSpiffy

• Spifftastic!
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 19, 2015, 05:38:52 PM »
I just finished watching Neverbeast for the fourth time.  Why is it that I cry at the ending each time?!

Offline Violet CLM

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 20, 2015, 12:34:55 AM »
I haven't dared rewatch Neverbeast since my cat died a month ago. :(

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal