collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Most daring thing you've done to your hair?  (Read 1566 times)

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
Re: Most daring thing you've done to your hair?
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2014, 05:33:33 AM »
let my neighbors convince me to do a Mohawk when I was 18, never do it again and I've dyed my hair peacock green
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Vertefae

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • Toadstool Tor
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2014, 08:00:01 AM »
Brunette with fire engine red streaks. I miss it. Now I'm all military and responsible. I also went from mid back to a pixie. That was a shock even for me. It's just past my bra strap now and if I do get out of military, I want my streaks back!

EeveeMUA

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2014, 01:33:39 PM »
I've pretty much been every colour imaginable. 
Here's the lastest colour I had.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

But I'm back to brunette now to give my hair a rest from the constant harsh bleaching.
You should definitely go for it with the pink! :)
« Last Edit: September 04, 2014, 12:19:15 PM by EeveeMUA »

Offline SourdoughStomper

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • grain free and pain free
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2014, 03:12:38 PM »

I've done something like this. In high school, even. :P My hair is so thin now that I couldn't really pull it off very well. My braids would be about as thick as an MLP's braided tail.
 Credit to Shaiyeh for avatar.

Online lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2014, 05:21:52 PM »
Either going from my natural strawberry blonde to GOTHIC BLACK, or going from strawberry blonde to AQUA like Sailor Neptune.
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

nyanpotato

« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2014, 07:00:03 PM »
For colors, I went from dark brown hair to bright red last year.
And for haircuts, I went from waist-length hair to a bob around 4 years ago. Never doing that again.

Offline Sprinkles

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2014, 08:54:02 PM »
Wow you guys are all so brave, I'm so boring compared to everyone XD Still not sure if I will dye mine but I love hearing your stories. These all sound like they'd be awesome to look at :)
Pony want list | Doll want list | Starlight's Reference
Thank you TornadoTwist for my avatar :)

Offline Tap Dancer

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Dance 'n Prance with me! :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2014, 03:11:37 AM »
I'm boring. I got it cut short back in 2007 or 2008, which was not a good look on me. Thank goodness my hair grows really fast! It was super cute after it grew out for about 5 months. Since then, I've kept it in "my normal style," which means anywhere from just above my shoulders to mid-back.

Offline Whippycorn

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2014, 03:40:28 AM »
I've had my (naturally light brown) hair ALL the colours!  :lol:
**** ARENA SALES ****

**** EBAY SALES ****

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • Trade Count: (+128)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 04, 2014, 07:10:49 AM »
I've got blue mermaid/turquoise all the way up to the tops of my ears, there up is my natural light brown, it's a dip dye with courage XD

Truly

« Reply #25 on: September 04, 2014, 07:22:35 AM »
I do all my own cutting and dying of my hair, I've had fire hair (red orange yellow and hint of pink) and most recent is my full rainbow hair!
I shave the most of my hair off with the top and fringe longer, I mostly do this other than I like it because I have that disorder where I pull at my hair... If its so short i can't pull it then that's good to me
But most of the time I look like an almost rainbow dash lol

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 05, 2014, 09:06:02 AM »
When it comes to cutting my hair, I go through a "ooooh, I look nice with bangs!"/"ugh, these bangs better hurry and grow out" phase at least twice a year.  For some reason the front of my hair grows quicker than the rest, so the bangs tend to grow out quickly when I've decided that I'm tired of them.

As for dying my hair, I've had all sorts of colors in it, but my hair is jet black for the most part.  If/when I do add color it's just the tips, or some of the hair.  I don't think I'd look good with my whole head dyed a bright color, and I also don't want to risk looking too crazy at work.  :lol:

Actually, my hair will have blue in it again later today!  I'll probably edit this post with a picture or two when I'm done.

Alright, here we go! Chryssy is my favorite, so I figured I'd take the pictures while holding her, plus we kinda match now.  :P
« Last Edit: September 05, 2014, 02:53:16 PM by MoonbeamStar »
Instagram / Want List

Offline ashes

• Forever Orange Site Mod
  • Trade Count: (+32)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 05, 2014, 09:50:37 AM »
For my birthday this summer I put in a dark blue streak, that has now faded to a lovely turquoise shade.  Here's a pic of the day I had it done:

It's more subtle as it's on the bottom of my hair instead of the top, but I think for my next hair appointment I might get another streak of blue in my top layers.

thanks to jupi for my avi and harvestmoongirl for my siggy!

Check out my website: artbyashes.com

Offline kiwimlp

• Intros and Brags Mod
  • *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • I am Negan
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 06, 2014, 12:29:52 AM »
Uhh... nothing! I have worn my hair long and straight and (dyed) blonde for about 15 years!

Offline Eskara1862

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+172)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Fern Fiend
    • View Profile
    • The New Gray Mare
« Reply #29 on: September 07, 2014, 06:46:01 PM »
I used to be the completely normal girl with mid-back length, curly, red/brown hair. Got married and chopped it to my shoulders. OOh! Daring! Decided I liked it and got braver... Chopped it to my ears!

Not bad, I like my hair like this.

Then, last May, I decided I was done with hiding my true self. I'm a wild, wacky, fun person! To honor that, I dyed my hair PURPLE! I hadn't seen my big sister for five years and had a trip planned out to Colorado to see her. I had my hair dyed two days before the trip and surprised her. She LOVED it!

Dinosaur footprint crown!

I decided that, while I liked the purple, it wasn't quite the right color for me. It was too cool. I needed... Fushia!

Honestly, now that I've gone this color, I don't want to go back to my normal hair. I am absolutely in love with it!

Now, there are a few things that people usually don't talk about when it comes to dyed hair. One is it bleeds. Expect your pillow, hats, headbands, hands, and everything else your hair touches to pick up the color for a while. Every single time I wash my hair, I end up cleaning the shower because I rent and don't want to dye the landlord's tub. I have seat covers in my car, so I don't worry about making the headrest pink. And, I sleep with my hair wrapped up so I don' t wake up with the side of my face and ears all pink.

Another thing to take into account is the opinion of those you live with. It can cause problems if you surprise the wrong person. Personally, I feel that it's my hair and I'll do whatever I want with it, thank you very much. My husband, however, really, really, really hates it. I refuse to change it because I like it. This has led to numerous arguments. So, if you have a spouse/significant other, you might want to consider getting their thoughts on the matter.

If you decide to do it, have fun! Generally, people love the dyed hair look. I'm perceived as a far more open, friendly person than I was without it. People see me as more approachable and will strike up conversations. I may be an extrovert, but I need the other person to make the first move in a conversation; dyeing my hair has helped with that. The response from everyone (husband and ultra-conservative parents aside) has been super positive.

As for hair dye, I can highly recommend Manic Panic and Punky Color. Yes, they bleed; but, they're vegan and conditioning. They don't strip your hair at all! Punky Color even smells super nice when you use it. I went with PuUnky Color's Cabernet for my fushia hair and it smells like grapes. If you use them and decide you don't like your hair color, they wash out pretty easily with hot water or fade in about three to four weeks.

Good luck! If you do dye, be sure to share pics :)
« Last Edit: September 07, 2014, 06:49:09 PM by Eskara1862 »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal