collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Most daring thing you've done to your hair?  (Read 1541 times)

Offline Sprinkles

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Most daring thing you've done to your hair?
« on: September 02, 2014, 11:21:29 AM »
I've been thinking of dying my hair dark brunette with a bright pink streak in it somewhere but I'm afraid that I'll hate it (the brunette, know I'd love the pink XD ). I know it's hair and it will grow back but I don't want to spend the money and end up regretting it later. My hair has been the same the majority of my life: light-medium brown, flat-ironed, and layered. However, I did add a dark purple streak to it recently and I loved it.

While I continue to ponder over this decision, what have you done to drastically change your hair? How did you feel about the results? If you hated it, did you change it immediately or did you deal with it for awhile? Pictures? :P
Pony want list | Doll want list | Starlight's Reference
Thank you TornadoTwist for my avatar :)

Offline Miniature Sheep

• Crystal Dolphin Warrior
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Barry, you're so optimistic...
    • View Profile
Re: Most daring thing you've done to your hair?
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2014, 11:38:27 AM »
Dark brunette with a pink streak sounds like it'd be totally awesome!
I was in a similar situation a while back; my hair had always been super-long and dark brown, but then something just sort of clicked and I went ahead and had it cut short and dyed bright blond (and subsequently every other colour going, although not all at the same time!) There aren't any pictures of it (camera-shy as hell), but it did look very good and gave me a major confidence boost. :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2014, 11:45:05 AM »
*shrugs* Probably, other than cutting it all off (which I've done several times and always hate so I dunno why I keep doing it) is dying it pink, which I've also done a few times. But neither have ever seemed like a big deal to me. But I'm weird so....

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline Rosencrantz

• Shakespearian Tragedy Pony
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I like shiny things
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2014, 12:00:14 PM »
Currently my hair's shaved into a mohawk
 (backcard by Ivy!)

Offline ponycake

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2014, 12:03:22 PM »
I've gone all pink. Bubblegum first, then a hotter pink with purple underneath. It was GORGEOUS! But the upkeep is terrible, even while living with your hairdresser sister. Purple stayed an incredible time though.

I think what you want to do sounds fine, the color will fade quickly if you don't like it. Bleaching all your hair really light to do colors like I did isn't such a good idea. I didn't listen to 'it'll fry it!' but it really did. It's been a year but my hair still seems super unhealthy to me.

Picture of the first try. I cut off my face back then since I wasn't wearing makeup. Wish I still had the original. lol
And oh I forgot we tried a blue streak at first. Didn't really work well, we did some more work to it and covered it up, redid the pink and added more purple. Literally a full day's process.

Spoiler

Here's the second go which lasted muchh longer

I would definitely go for a streak. :)
« Last Edit: September 02, 2014, 12:19:59 PM by ponycake »

Check out my art thread here

WTB: US MIB Birthday Pony

Sprintex

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2014, 12:48:40 PM »
Currently my hair's shaved into a mohawk

Snap!  :biggrin:

@ Sprinkles - if it's just the brunette colouring you're worried about then why not try one of the non-permanent products that washes out in a few weeks just in case you don't like it?  ;)

Not coloured my hair before, although that might change soon. However a few years ago I was helping to marshall a car show run by the Ford XR Owners Club so I got the logo shaved into the back of my head for a laugh!

[visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Got quite a few compliments on it on the day too  :lol:

Paul

Offline MikeysGrrrl

• Penguin Snuggle Pony
  • Trade Count: (+95)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Whatever you become, be an amazing one!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2014, 01:01:45 PM »
Well I have done all kinds of things others have considered drastic to my hair, but I have zero attachment to my hair, so I've always been "it's no big deal" lol.

Up until I got together with my husband I was notorious for growing my hair really long (halfway down my back) and just chopping it all off (chin length or pixie) without a care in the world. In highschool I went from ultra preppy at the beginning of grade nine to getting a Chelsea/skater girl haircut and complete wardrobe makeover by the time 2nd semester had started.

I have died my hair so many time, it's been bleached, permed, shaved etc.

A few month ago I bleached the top of my hair and dyed it green, that was fun and different

I did my hair a few summers ago, it was black on the underside and violet/purple on the top, I loved it! Prior to that I did candy stripes in my chunky highlights (alternating pink, purple and turquoise) sadly I can't locate pictures of either of these, darn photobucket not working properly. I've also had fire engine red hair, I actually kept up the red for a good 5+ years.

I found a pic of when I had brown hair with purple streaks :) (This is just over 2.5 years ago)
Spoiler

Despite everything that I've put my hair through, my hair is still silky soft with no damage. My hair is naturally dark blonde with red undertones, I've done everything including platinum blonde, red, black, blue, plum, auburn, dark brown, green, purple, pink etc.

I'm a huge fan of having fun with your hair and expressing yourself, especially if you have a job or school that allows/encourages it. It's only hair, if you don't like it, you can always change it :) Personally I think the pink will stand out much nicer against dark brown ;)
« Last Edit: September 03, 2014, 06:46:23 AM by MikeysGrrrl »

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2014, 01:32:17 PM »
Most daring thing colourwise was dying it purple with beige highlights. Most daring thin cutwise was going from waist long to cheekboneshort without telling anyone in advance. I loved the reactions.

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2014, 05:43:55 PM »
I woke up in the hospital with my head completely shaved. It was half way down my back beforehand. I was so upset. I just wanted my hair back... but after it had grown in a little, my friend suggested I spike it. So I did - and I loved it!

I kept it shaved on the sides, in the back and spiked on top for 10 years. I also dyed it purple a few times and sported a mohawk a couple of times too before getting it shaved again :biggrin:

On the tenth anniversary I started growing it out and it got down to the small of my back. I got a foot and half of it cut off earlier this year. Right now, it's kind of a shaggy surfer type deal but I've been thinking of taking the clippers to it and shaving it again.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2014, 05:47:55 PM »
Lemme see in high school I dyed my hair blonde (I have this very dark blak hair) and cut it short (to my shoulders at the time).

In college I cut the front half of my hair to my chin and cut the back super short to spike up. I then dyed the front an array of colors such as hot pink, blue and dark purple for like four years.

Then when I started teaching and couldn't have wild hair I pretty much chopped all my hair off. It's about an inch long now.
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Offline Mkia

• Chihuahua Momma
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Flying zebra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2014, 05:54:54 PM »
Hmmmm the most daring thing I ever did with my hair was probably my dreads. Everyone always says "ewww you had dreads. You didn't wash your hair". Which is so far from the truth. They were very pretty. And I washed them just as often as I wash my hair now lol. Buuuuttt then I got tired of them and cut all my hair off lol. It's been short since. I'm currently rocking an A-line with balayage on one side.

Offline fingerpaints

• Makin' a mess pony
  • Trade Count: (+72)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • manahmanah :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2014, 06:47:58 PM »
I haven't done anything too drastic for some time due to my job considering coloured hair to be "unprofessional looking". I have had it dyed purple, green, pink and orange (all on their own not together) and went jet black at one stage, I am quiet pale and it seemed to drain any color I had left to make me look like a ghost.

Ive always wanted to go rainbow, I asked my boss if I cpuld for this years world's greatest shave for a cure, she told me if I could come in with my natural color the following day I could >. <.

Offline Thunderwing

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+171)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/springwater_valley/home.html
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2014, 07:05:20 PM »
I put my hair in a ponytail. *firm nod*

Offline elvenwine26

• Super Secret Squirrel
  • Trade Count: (+143)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2014, 08:09:06 PM »
I've done pink hair, orangy pink hair, maroon hair, teal hair, and even a dark green.  The dark green resulted in a bizarre sort of radioactive halo of fly away hairs.  I've been coloring my hair pretty regularly since 2004 to the point where I don't recall my natural hair color.  Unfortunately for work I am required to sport natural hair colors, so natural it has been.    I miss fun colored hair. :(
The last drastic cut I experienced was when I was on the receiving end of a surprise mullet....
"How much for the horse tornado?"
"Sir, that's a carousel."
"I must have it!"

Offline octocorn

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Don't dream it, be it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2014, 08:33:01 PM »
I've been every color under the rainbow, right now I'm an orange to yellow gradient, but I think the most daring thing I ever did was cut it in a bob.  NEVER AGAIN.  Ugh.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal