collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Does anybody like Sofia The First?  (Read 3456 times)

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
Re: Does anybody like Sofia The First?
« Reply #45 on: December 30, 2014, 10:39:10 PM »
Well, to be fair, Sofia is aimed at a much younger target audience than Gargoyles.  I don't find Sofia particularly deep, but it's not bad either.

BTW, I figured out why I thought the characters had "chipmunk voices" . . . I was watching on Youtube and I think the people uploading sped up the soundtrack slightly to avoid getting "caught" by Disney for copyright issues.  So that's where the chipmunk-ness comes from, ha ha!
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

cutest-curtsey

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #46 on: December 31, 2014, 01:13:22 AM »
I don't.

It teaches kids nothing, either that, or it teaches something awful, like that you need to win to feel good about yourself. Disney is just disappointing me with all these new lazy-written shows. It's on the same level of Caillou, where the cartoon just insults the child's intelligence.

I wish some older Disney cartoon returned, like DuckTales, Gargoyles, Darkwing Duck, Goof Troop...

In other words, cartoons that want to entertain kids, and not bore them.

You...Don't really understand how childrens TV works...Do you?  :huh:

Duck Tales and those shows are from Disney Channel.
Sofia the First is from Disney Junior.
If this doesn't sum up my point then ???

Sofia the First has a lot of good points, such as
1. Trust your gut. If someone makes you uncomfortable, then there's probably a good reason.
2. Don't let people push you around.
3. Don't side with sexists.
4. People can unlearn a problematic behaviour.
Of course it has its bad episodes, like The Amulet and the Anthem and Mystic Meadows, and sure, some of the more recent episodes haven't been that great but Sofia the First isn't an insult to children intelligence, I would think it's popularity would show that.

Say what you want about Sofia the First, but coming to a thread made for people to share positive thoughts, and throwing out negativity makes you look like a jerk. You're perfectly welcome to have your opinions, of course, but your opinions feel like you really didn't pay much attention to what you were seeing. I hope i can show you that while you don't have to like Sofia the First, you shouldn't dismiss it as insulting just because it's for a different age group than older Disney shows. New doesn't mean bad.
Thanks for reading  :yikes:

Post Merge: December 31, 2014, 01:14:35 AM

Well, to be fair, Sofia is aimed at a much younger target audience than Gargoyles.  I don't find Sofia particularly deep, but it's not bad either.

BTW, I figured out why I thought the characters had "chipmunk voices" . . . I was watching on Youtube and I think the people uploading sped up the soundtrack slightly to avoid getting "caught" by Disney for copyright issues.  So that's where the chipmunk-ness comes from, ha ha!
watchcartoonsonline has the unpitched episodes, if you want to see them :D

Offline Darker

• Ouchy Roids Pony
  • Hello there.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 31, 2014, 01:54:44 AM »
I don't.

It teaches kids nothing, either that, or it teaches something awful, like that you need to win to feel good about yourself. Disney is just disappointing me with all these new lazy-written shows. It's on the same level of Caillou, where the cartoon just insults the child's intelligence.

I wish some older Disney cartoon returned, like DuckTales, Gargoyles, Darkwing Duck, Goof Troop...

In other words, cartoons that want to entertain kids, and not bore them.

You...Don't really understand how childrens TV works...Do you?  :huh:

Duck Tales and those shows are from Disney Channel.
Sofia the First is from Disney Junior.
If this doesn't sum up my point then ???

Sofia the First has a lot of good points, such as
1. Trust your gut. If someone makes you uncomfortable, then there's probably a good reason.
2. Don't let people push you around.
3. Don't side with sexists.
4. People can unlearn a problematic behaviour.
Of course it has its bad episodes, like The Amulet and the Anthem and Mystic Meadows, and sure, some of the more recent episodes haven't been that great but Sofia the First isn't an insult to children intelligence, I would think it's popularity would show that.

Say what you want about Sofia the First, but coming to a thread made for people to share positive thoughts, and throwing out negativity makes you look like a jerk. You're perfectly welcome to have your opinions, of course, but your opinions feel like you really didn't pay much attention to what you were seeing. I hope i can show you that while you don't have to like Sofia the First, you shouldn't dismiss it as insulting just because it's for a different age group than older Disney shows. New doesn't mean bad.
Thanks for reading  :yikes:

Look at the title, "Does anybody like Sofia The First?"
And I answered: I don't. Simply put, this topic is made to give opinions, either positive or negative. I chose negative, and I might have said some thing that could upset some people, but...

...I'm not saying it's a BAD show, it's a decent one. If it entertains children, it's working. And it works, so I guess I can't say it's not a succesful cartoon. I guess I shouldn't compare it too much to other Disney cartoons either, since Disney had a ton of bad shows back in the 80s and 90s.

My nitpick on the show is the bad guy. Everywhere I look for a story, the villain is the one thing I look forward to, but the villain of this show (the main one, the sorcerer guy) is kinda silly. Maybe it's made that way I don't know, but how is he going to rule the land with a gem that lets him talk to animals?

In fact, how does the gem even work? Where did it come from?

Another nitpick I have is that there are cameos. WHY? Why do we need more Disney princesses into one single show? Haven't their stories been already told and finished?
It is the evil that lies in ourselves that is ever least tolerant of the evil that lies in others.

-Maurice Maeterlinck

cutest-curtsey

« Reply #48 on: December 31, 2014, 03:10:01 AM »

Look at the title, "Does anybody like Sofia The First?"
And I answered: I don't. Simply put, this topic is made to give opinions, either positive or negative. I chose negative, and I might have said some thing that could upset some people, but...

...I'm not saying it's a BAD show, it's a decent one. If it entertains children, it's working. And it works, so I guess I can't say it's not a succesful cartoon. I guess I shouldn't compare it too much to other Disney cartoons either, since Disney had a ton of bad shows back in the 80s and 90s.

My nitpick on the show is the bad guy. Everywhere I look for a story, the villain is the one thing I look forward to, but the villain of this show (the main one, the sorcerer guy) is kinda silly. Maybe it's made that way I don't know, but how is he going to rule the land with a gem that lets him talk to animals?

In fact, how does the gem even work? Where did it come from?

Another nitpick I have is that there are cameos. WHY? Why do we need more Disney princesses into one single show? Haven't their stories been already told and finished?
I suppose I took the title the wrong way, but I guess I've just come to expect postive things on this
website. Sorry.  :sad:

I don't care for Cedric since he started being mean to Wormwood, and I honestly don't see why he's the 'fandom fave' There are good villians though, like Princess Ivy. She was super neat. And of course my beloved Miss Nettle, while she was kinda treated poorly by the writers, I'm praying that Secret of the Library will shed some light onto the love of my life.

The Disney world is always expanding, so seeing princesses animated for the first time in their redesign is probably disney's game here. It's also neat that they realized Sofia wouldn't know who Tiana was, so she had to introduce herself, I thought that was cool. Their stories will probably ever really end, because they didn't die. Especially older princesses, Sofia the First is a marketing show as well, Cinderella has to remain relevant, so they have to put her in a show for more little girls to enjoy.

The Amulet is just one of the apparently hundreds of magical artifacts hidden in Enchansia. They also have a mirror and a well, but since Roland only knew about the well, its safe to assume there are probably more that will appear later (ROLAND BBY WHAT DID YOU WISH FORRRRRRR)  the amulet gives more powers that just talking to animals, so far, we've seen she has the ability to turn into a mermaid, even though the amulet seems to have a bit of a messed up morality system. I doubt we'll ever know much about it though.  :huh:

anyway that was kinda long winded and probably didn't help. I'm sorry, I'm doing my best.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal