collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Does anybody like Sofia The First?  (Read 3529 times)

Offline icecreamgirl

• Trade Count: (+140)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Does anybody like Sofia The First?
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2014, 11:22:41 AM »
I have to admit to being a fan. My 2 year old son loves it! Especially the mermaid episode! I think we have seen all the episodes so many times we almost know them word for word  :lol:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Thanks to lunar_scythe & kittywhiskers for my adoptables

LadyFoxling

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2014, 12:04:00 PM »
I thought it would be the dumbest show ever when I first heard of it coming out and then I watched it and ended up liking it because it wasn't patronizing toward its audience. The characters all have unique personalities and even if Sofia is a bit of a Mary Sue, it's okay and forgivable because it is a kid's show, and it doesn't even mess with the plotlines that much that they have. I like to watch it with my mother, who also enjoys it. The songs are good and it really is a surprising quality of storytelling despite being intended for kindergarten audiences--surprising, when shows for older children and teenagers today are comprised mostly of bathroom humor and stupid plots that either encourage short attention spans or aren't even thought through (And I'm going to point out Adventure Time for this, I don't care how popular it is, it sucks. I saw an episode where Finn and Jake were playing with Rainicorn and they chased a ball away from her and never said goodbye to her and never went back to finish the game with her. They just LEFT. That's horrible for kids to see and in my ADHD fueled opinion would not have helped me as a child the remember things for a long period of time because it would have encouraged the out-of-sight-out-of-mind thing, I don't see how that helps anyone. I was also told to turn my brain off to enjoy it, and if I have to turn my brain off, then the show has absolutely no value to me. I shouldn't have to turn off my brain to like a thing, I should be spurred to think more by it because then it has return-watch value.) Sofia actually works for return-watch value because of the cute character interaction and moral value, so I often show it to my niece when she visits to help teach her manners and things.

Offline wiccanpony1

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2014, 01:16:33 PM »
Disney junior is on loads in our house at the moment:) My daughter Tali is 27 months old and LOVES sofia the first:) to be honest she enjoys many of the programs on Disney junior lol

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2014, 01:16:50 PM »
I thought it would be the dumbest show ever when I first heard of it coming out and then I watched it and ended up liking it because it wasn't patronizing toward its audience. The characters all have unique personalities and even if Sofia is a bit of a Mary Sue, it's okay and forgivable because it is a kid's show, and it doesn't even mess with the plotlines that much that they have. I like to watch it with my mother, who also enjoys it. The songs are good and it really is a surprising quality of storytelling despite being intended for kindergarten audiences.
This is the same reason(s) why I like Sofia the First.  For it being a show geared towards preschool / kindgergarten audience, it doesn't "talk down" to the viewer and actually tells a good interesting story. One thing I really like about the show is how they handle Amber, Sofia's sister. They could have easily made her to be a "villain / evil / you aren't supposed to like her" character (especially with how the first episode/special started), but she's quite likeable and still has her flaws. Dare I say, out of the main characters, she's my favorite one. 
I also find it neat (and like) how they're handling the Disney Princess' appearances in the show - if they had the princesses show up too often, the series would be less about Sofia and more about "OOoooo I wonder which princess will appear in today/this episode!!"

I don't have any kids, and I wouldn't go out of my way to see an episode, but I admit that I enjoy watching Sofia the First and it's a bit of a guilty pleasure for me. The show kinda reminds me of the old 80s/90s Disney shows I watched growing up.

...and I also admit that as an anime fan, I keep thinking/imagining "Roy Mustang" talking whenever King Roland speaks in the show. ^^;
Thank you so much for the adoptable, Corona! :D

Offline ponyqueen

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • "My, Earth really is full of things." -King of All
    • View Profile
    • Etsy
« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2014, 06:35:23 AM »
I don't like the merchandise taking up shelf space from MLP!

:heart: Did I forget to leave feedback? Please pm me! :heart:

cutest-curtsey

Sofia the First
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2014, 08:27:07 AM »
Anyone else here want to talk about Sofia the First with me? I notice there is a thread but...It's not got much on it.
I'm a really big Miss Nettle fan, if that helps at all?  :P

[Merging like threads - kkat 10-27-2014]
« Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 08:31:01 AM by kaoskat »

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
Re: Sofia the First
« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2014, 09:17:59 AM »
Anyone else here want to talk about Sofia the First with me? I notice there is a thread but...It's not got much on it.
I'm a really big Miss Nettle fan, if that helps at all?  :P

[Merging like threads - kkat 10-27-2014]
hehe i'll talk about the show with you! :D
I admit that I am looking forward to that new special that is premiering next month. Rapunzel is supposed to show up in it.
Thank you so much for the adoptable, Corona! :D

Sprinklecupcake

« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2014, 12:57:21 PM »
Im 23 with no kids and I LOVE watching and reading Sofia the first!!!! I was gonna dress up as her for Halloween, but I cant find a dress in size 14/16 :(

cutest-curtsey

« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2014, 04:37:33 PM »
:D

I've been watching it since Episode six. I'm actually afraid for the special because Cedric is in it and lately all of his episodes have been dodgy AS. I'm also afraid of what they're going to do to poor Amber! She knows that the amulet is special to Sofia and I don't want her to lose all her character development  :cry:

What about the most recent episode, has anyone else seen it? It's so great right? I'm so happy that Hildy finally got herself an ep.

cutest-curtsey

« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2014, 03:30:00 AM »
Curse of Princess Ivy was actually so good, I was expecting to be disappointed but man I was not. Ivy was so cool. Kool Kat.

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 12, 2014, 04:25:50 AM »
I don't watch it often but I think it's a super cute show as well as Doc McStuffins :D
My Wish List

cutest-curtsey

« Reply #26 on: December 12, 2014, 04:27:56 AM »
I don't watch it often but I think it's a super cute show as well as Doc McStuffins :D
I don't watch much doc mcstuffins but it's also pretty cute. DJ is putting out some nice stuff lately.

Offline Lorelei Redfern

• Sprinkles Obsessed
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 12, 2014, 10:22:56 AM »
i love sofia the first!! i've acutly watched it formteh first episdoe! i did like   the curse of pricness IVy.   and i like how Cedric has progreass as a charecter as well ^^ 

one of my very favorite songs is  "princess things"  fromt eh flying derby episdoe.   its so very high school musical

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 13, 2014, 03:24:20 PM »
I watch Sofia the first sometimes and for the most part I enjoy the show. There are a few episodes that I don't like though. 

Did anyone else watch Winter's Gift with Tianna? What did you guys think about it?  I thought it was pretty good but not sure if Tianna was the best princess to come help Sofia. I haven't seen the Princess and the Frog though.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Gloomygirl777

« Reply #29 on: December 13, 2014, 07:22:54 PM »
I watch Sofia the first sometimes and for the most part I enjoy the show. There are a few episodes that I don't like though. 

Did anyone else watch Winter's Gift with Tianna? What did you guys think about it?  I thought it was pretty good but not sure if Tianna was the best princess to come help Sofia. I haven't seen the Princess and the Frog though.

Ponyfan

I watched most of it with my daughter this morning. I thought it was pretty good too. I thought Sofia looked so cute in that gold dress with her hair up.  :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal