collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Does anybody like Sofia The First?  (Read 3457 times)

cutest-curtsey

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Does anybody like Sofia The First?
« Reply #30 on: December 13, 2014, 07:28:18 PM »
I watch Sofia the first sometimes and for the most part I enjoy the show. There are a few episodes that I don't like though. 

Did anyone else watch Winter's Gift with Tianna? What did you guys think about it?  I thought it was pretty good but not sure if Tianna was the best princess to come help Sofia. I haven't seen the Princess and the Frog though.

Ponyfan

It was pretty meh compared to the recent good episodes. I know a lot of people wanted Ana and Elsa to come but it was started 2 years ago probably longer so I doubt Anna and Elsa were ready to have a tv appearance yet. *shrug*  I'm so annoyed they gave Miss Nettle (as Sascha) a 20's song but thye couldn't give one to Tiana.

Offline Tilas

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+76)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • Shilo.ca
« Reply #31 on: December 14, 2014, 09:14:20 PM »
I actually watched my first episode today, the Winter one with Tiana. I was really surprised how well done it was. Sure it's kiddy, but the animation was decent and it was a cute story. I dunno who the rabbit is, but I liked that little bugger LOL.

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #32 on: December 15, 2014, 01:32:16 PM »
It's pretty cute but do some of the kids' voices sound kind of like chipmunk voices to anyone else?

I'm only in season 1 so far so I have a long way to go to catch up!
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Pinkie21

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 15, 2014, 01:46:07 PM »
I DO!  I feel so embarrassed that I (a 28 year old without kids) love the show, but honestly I only started watching because Jess Harnell's got a somewhat major role in it (as Cedric, the sorcerer).  So I watched for him, but ended up loving the show as a whole.  The music is actually quite good for a children's show, which surprised me.  I currently have Sasha's song, "All You Desire" stuck in my head. 

BTW are we EVER going to get a Cedric toy?  For goodness sake, even Baileywick has a toy!  The most bland and boring character of the series gets a toy, and yet Cedric's left out in the dust?  Come on, Disney...get your act together!

cutest-curtsey

« Reply #34 on: December 16, 2014, 09:03:26 AM »
I DO!  I feel so embarrassed that I (a 28 year old without kids) love the show, but honestly I only started watching because Jess Harnell's got a somewhat major role in it (as Cedric, the sorcerer).  So I watched for him, but ended up loving the show as a whole.  The music is actually quite good for a children's show, which surprised me.  I currently have Sasha's song, "All You Desire" stuck in my head. 

BTW are we EVER going to get a Cedric toy?  For goodness sake, even Baileywick has a toy!  The most bland and boring character of the series gets a toy, and yet Cedric's left out in the dust?  Come on, Disney...get your act together!

I have no idea how to express my disappointment that you find Balieywick boring, I think he's wonderful and funny and just one more character I am far to involved with.
You could say he's my baelieywick.
Cedric does have one toy that I personally know of, it's one of those crummy kinder surprise knock offs, but it seems more like Roland gone wrong than Cedric. (Roland needs actually playable toys tho. And ones where he isn't ugly as sin) and plus I want Miss Nettle merch. And Tilly. And Ivy and tbh every character that's not Sofia. Or those mermaids. I don't even remember then that well.

Offline Pinkie21

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 16, 2014, 12:54:13 PM »

I have no idea how to express my disappointment that you find Balieywick boring, I think he's wonderful and funny and just one more character I am far to involved with.
You could say he's my baelieywick.
Cedric does have one toy that I personally know of, it's one of those crummy kinder surprise knock offs, but it seems more like Roland gone wrong than Cedric. (Roland needs actually playable toys tho. And ones where he isn't ugly as sin) and plus I want Miss Nettle merch. And Tilly. And Ivy and tbh every character that's not Sofia. Or those mermaids. I don't even remember then that well.

I mean, I like Baileywick okay...I think mainly it's his voice actor I find boring.  I don't know who he is, but I have a feeling the guy is not a pro at voiceovers like Jess or the guy who voices the King.  It's like he's just reading his lines, thinking, "Gotta get through this so I can get my money."  His performance is what I find boring, and thus, I just kind of find the character bland.  He's totally harmless though (and even gets a smile or two out of me on the rare occasion), just not my absolute favorite and not a character I'd want to replace Cedric in toy form lol.  That's just my opinion though.  To be honest, there's actually not a character in the series that I truly can't stand.  Even Amber has her moments.

As for Cedric...EEEEP!  I'm gonna have to try to search for the toy of which you speak.  And...oh my gosh yes!!!  A Miss Nettle figure would be amazing!  I'm a huge fan of Megan Mullally and just adored her performance as Nettle/Sasha.  I know a lot of the Disney Villains got really neat Barbie-type figures, it would be kind of neat to see Disney Junior "villains" get the same treatment.  I'd pay good money for doll-type figures of Cedric, Miss Nettle, and Sasha.

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 16, 2014, 01:16:07 PM »
Baileywick's voiced by Tim Gunn, who is famous for being one of the hosts of the series "Project Runway".
As a character, I like Baileywick a bit more than Cedric, but I do give the show props for actually having Cedric be a likeable character and not just a "Mwa haha i want your amulet, Sofia!!".

I would LOVE to see a Amber doll that was all detailed and such. I would assume she has a Disney Junior-type doll, but I want a doll like the other princess dolls have, if that makes sense.
Thank you so much for the adoptable, Corona! :D

Offline Sprinkles

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 18, 2014, 09:59:35 AM »
I saw one episode, the one where Sophia sets her aunt up with her favorite knight,  and it was pretty cute. I'd watch it again :)
Pony want list | Doll want list | Starlight's Reference
Thank you TornadoTwist for my avatar :)

Offline Marigold

• Vivaldi's Seasons Pony
  • Trade Count: (+103)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Liver and Onions
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 18, 2014, 12:20:19 PM »
I mean, I like Baileywick okay...I think mainly it's his voice actor I find boring.  I don't know who he is, but I have a feeling the guy is not a pro at voiceovers like Jess or the guy who voices the King.  It's like he's just reading his lines, thinking, "Gotta get through this so I can get my money."  His performance is what I find boring, and thus, I just kind of find the character bland. 

I can't believe you just dissed Tim Gunn!!!!  His speaking voice is very much like Baileywick's and he is very very genuine.  He is an incredibly lovable guy.  If you knew who he was I bet you'd like Baileywick better.  :)

I like that Cedric is evil but you can tell he has a heart and could become good.  Like Regina in OUAT.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline plushroo

• Trade Count: (+252)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • princess Cotton Candy
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 18, 2014, 01:52:04 PM »
I watch it whenever I come across it. I find it more tolerable to watch than most other pre school shows. I sometimes wonder what it would've been like had it been made 20 years ago and in 2D instead of computer animated. But at least computer animated makes it more realistic.

Offline Pinkie21

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 18, 2014, 05:09:37 PM »
I mean, I like Baileywick okay...I think mainly it's his voice actor I find boring.  I don't know who he is, but I have a feeling the guy is not a pro at voiceovers like Jess or the guy who voices the King.  It's like he's just reading his lines, thinking, "Gotta get through this so I can get my money."  His performance is what I find boring, and thus, I just kind of find the character bland. 

I can't believe you just dissed Tim Gunn!!!!  His speaking voice is very much like Baileywick's and he is very very genuine.  He is an incredibly lovable guy.  If you knew who he was I bet you'd like Baileywick better.  :)

I like that Cedric is evil but you can tell he has a heart and could become good.  Like Regina in OUAT.

Honestly had no idea who he was.  Sorry.  I'm more knowledgeable about voiceover artists, not so much about television personalities.  *shrug*  I can understand the voice now.  Still not the biggest fan, but he's alright.  (not dissin'). 

Offline Tribble79

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 18, 2014, 06:08:08 PM »
Sofia's a really cute show. My little boy likes it and Jake and the Neverland Pirates. Though his favorite show is Paw Patrol, but we don't catch it often as its on Nickelodeon and not Disney. I love Doc McStuffins.

cutest-curtsey

« Reply #42 on: December 18, 2014, 06:33:02 PM »
I mean, I like Baileywick okay...I think mainly it's his voice actor I find boring.  I don't know who he is, but I have a feeling the guy is not a pro at voiceovers like Jess or the guy who voices the King.  It's like he's just reading his lines, thinking, "Gotta get through this so I can get my money."  His performance is what I find boring, and thus, I just kind of find the character bland.  He's totally harmless though (and even gets a smile or two out of me on the rare occasion), just not my absolute favorite and not a character I'd want to replace Cedric in toy form lol.  That's just my opinion though.  To be honest, there's actually not a character in the series that I truly can't stand.  Even Amber has her moments.

As for Cedric...EEEEP!  I'm gonna have to try to search for the toy of which you speak.  And...oh my gosh yes!!!  A Miss Nettle figure would be amazing!  I'm a huge fan of Megan Mullally and just adored her performance as Nettle/Sasha.  I know a lot of the Disney Villains got really neat Barbie-type figures, it would be kind of neat to see Disney Junior "villains" get the same treatment.  I'd pay good money for doll-type figures of Cedric, Miss Nettle, and Sasha.
[/quote]
But...But...Tim Gunn! I've never heard him do voice acting before but I think he does a good job, but then again I am biased because I love him.
I would be all for buying barbie Miss Nettle, Sachsa, Miranda, Amber (for real, like we need one with a good dress) Vivian..TBH every character except Cedric.
I...Don't like him very much lol.  BUT what I've wanted since I first watched STF was a plush Wormy. Because if Cedric don't love him, then I will.

Offline Marigold

• Vivaldi's Seasons Pony
  • Trade Count: (+103)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Liver and Onions
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 20, 2014, 05:58:48 PM »

Honestly had no idea who he was.  Sorry.  I'm more knowledgeable about voiceover artists, not so much about television personalities.  *shrug*  I can understand the voice now.  Still not the biggest fan, but he's alright.  (not dissin').

Sorry!  I was totally teasing you there.  It's so hard to convey a wink and a smile and the bit of friendly silliness which I was trying to share. :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Darker

• Ouchy Roids Pony
  • Hello there.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 30, 2014, 12:43:38 PM »
I don't.

It teaches kids nothing, either that, or it teaches something awful, like that you need to win to feel good about yourself. Disney is just disappointing me with all these new lazy-written shows. It's on the same level of Caillou, where the cartoon just insults the child's intelligence.

I wish some older Disney cartoon returned, like DuckTales, Gargoyles, Darkwing Duck, Goof Troop...

In other words, cartoons that want to entertain kids, and not bore them.
It is the evil that lies in ourselves that is ever least tolerant of the evil that lies in others.

-Maurice Maeterlinck

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal