collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Culture Swap brag thread  (Read 9323 times)

Offline SeashellnBubbles

• Trade Count: (+170)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Tears are the last refuge of the damned
    • View Profile
Re: Culture Swap brag thread
« Reply #90 on: July 07, 2014, 08:39:20 PM »
WowM mori, you're GORGEOUS :shocked: you should model necklaces...you look so graceful!
Look at all your kitty friends! I love the puff tip tail on the black and white one! The orange one is so big...he looks like he could have eaten the other 3 if you hadn't given him those treats :lmao:

Offline Mori_LeStrange

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 07, 2014, 09:07:42 PM »
WowM mori, you're GORGEOUS :shocked: you should model necklaces...you look so graceful!
Look at all your kitty friends! I love the puff tip tail on the black and white one! The orange one is so big...he looks like he could have eaten the other 3 if you hadn't given him those treats :lmao:

Aww, thank you. :sheepish:

The black and white one is Spike. We had him shaved in a lion cut awhile back. I think it looks adorable on him.
The orange one, Orange-aid, is actually smaller than Spike. But he and his brother will push the others out of the way and steal treats.
My cats are like little fuzzy piranha when it comes to treats. :P

Offline lochnessmomster

• Star of the Sea
  • Trade Count: (+89)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Just a little globe-trotting pony. :-)
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 08, 2014, 02:24:47 AM »
Thanks for sharing some of the cool photos you sent, MikeysGrrrl.  I loved looking through the stack of photos and appreciated the fact that you took several without ponies in them, too.  Ponies are awesome, and there are times when they definitely add something to the image, but sometimes it's nice to have a pony-free picture, y'know? ;)

Mori, I have to agree with SeashellnBubbles... not only are you very pretty, but you totally rock that necklace.  When I saw it unworn I couldn't really imagine it on.  Then you shared the photo of you wearing it and I was like, "Wow, that necklace looks awesome!" 

P.S. The cat photos are too much.  I was too busy laughing at their desperation for treats that I didn't even notice that the black and white one has a Popple tail, lol... so cute!
« Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 04:50:27 AM by lochnessmomster »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Avatar by the amazing SDS; signature by Jennifer2004 -- thank you both!! ^.^

~Pony Wish List~

squishy turdl

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #93 on: July 08, 2014, 12:14:36 PM »
This looked like such a lovely swap! I've been stalking the thread and loving all your photos...

I love seeing all the goodies from all over! xx

Offline clones_rebellion

• Evil Swap Queen
  • Trade Count: (+422)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 08, 2014, 12:43:50 PM »
MikeysGrrrl! Wow! Those photos are just amazing! Great job! :faint:

~My Wishlist!~ Thank you Moonbreeze for my Atlas and Bastet siggy!

Offline SeashellnBubbles

• Trade Count: (+170)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Tears are the last refuge of the damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 08, 2014, 07:35:42 PM »
I got my package today!! Thank you soooooo much Midnights_dream!! Here's all that she sent me:

The ponies!! A Bowtie rehaired to look like my favourite Italian Magenta haired CP pony!! She's so original looking....I adore her :heart

Baby Nightcap!! She's so perfect and minty:

OMG!! Caramel Crunch!! I didn't think it was possible to find one WITHOUT a head/body mismatch, but somehow you did it!! She's perfect, and even her symbols are pristine!!

Thank you SO much...I visited the caverns with my family when I was about 12 yrs old on our trip down to Disney World (we drove) And I totally flashed back to just gawking at the gorgeous stalactites and stalagmites! I always loved the word "spelunking" hehehehe! The roaming rocks had me so concerned...it sounded like the mug had broken!! They're all so pretty....I love gems and crystals of all kinds, and even my birthstone made it into the mix...amethyst!!
The mug is so awesome. The BF and I travel all over the place going to zoos and animal parks as well as doing educational exotic animal shows, so this mug is absolutely perfect. I fear he may steal it for himself, though :D
The puppy treats shouldn't last long, though they'll probably be around longer than the animal shaped chocolates! OM nom nom nom!!
Thank you...this was such a great box...everything I'd hoped for and more :hug:

Offline MikeysGrrrl

• Penguin Snuggle Pony
  • Trade Count: (+95)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Whatever you become, be an amazing one!
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 08, 2014, 07:49:41 PM »
Great brag, love the ponies, extras and culture specific items :)

Offline cassstorm

• Cheeky Monkey Pony Genie
  • Trade Count: (+442)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 08, 2014, 08:30:02 PM »
More awesome brags!!!!!!! Such great ponies and pictures!!!!!

Offline LadySatine

• Trade Count: (+230)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • It's time for the robot test!
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 09, 2014, 04:00:18 PM »
Finally a break!!! Thanks again MiRaja for the awesome goodies! I did forget to take pictures of three things; the two necklaces and the flip flops, all of which will be worn at the pony fair this weekend. :) The rainbow necklace goes perfect with my cosplay. Now for piccies!

Here is all of my swag! I love the ponies you picked, and the Sports time has been on my want list, like, forever. I play volleyball every Monday so he was a huge want. I can't believe how white Honeycomb is! And that extra baby was too cute, thanks for adding her. :) I think that is my first adult ballerina, and I love her!

Closeups of the ponies.

And this little bit is my favorite. I am so excited to be able to make these! :D

And I'm guessing the Cars stickers were for my son. He fell asleep holding them, so cute!

Vintage toys on Ebay:MLP Customs on Etsy: :freak: Commission Status: CLOSED:Avatar by FloralHippo:Siggy pony by Griffin :lol:

SparklersOasis

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #99 on: July 09, 2014, 06:13:15 PM »
yay, great brags!

LadySatine, the pic of your son with the stickers is just too precious!

I LOVE that rehaired Bowtie!

Mori - absolutely stunning picture of you and your new necklace!
« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 06:14:51 PM by SparklersOasis »

Offline MikeysGrrrl

• Penguin Snuggle Pony
  • Trade Count: (+95)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Whatever you become, be an amazing one!
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 09, 2014, 07:01:28 PM »
Great brag, love that pic of your son asleep holding the stickers, too adorable for words :)

Offline Prismatic

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+55)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 09, 2014, 07:21:31 PM »
Finally have a chance to post my brag!  I actually got on earlier too, but then the power on the entire block decided to go out, for quite some time XD

I don't have too many pics, I got my box on the way to do some errands, so I opened it in the car.  Thanks again to Mori_LeStrange, I loved everything in my box <3

The extras.  There was also a bag of caramel and white cheddar popcorn (yes, together, not like mixed together, but each tasted like both XD) but it's long gone...that stuff was awesome.  I was thrilled, I had mentioned in the thread that I love both, and together they were really good XD  I haven't gotten to use the fudge yet, but I have plans for it :3

Buttons, a keychain to add to my ever growing collection, and a pressed penny, to add to my others :D

Eeeee shadowbolt rainbow dash, I sadly missed out on her when she was available here, and now she's chillin with my Zecora

Diamond Tiara and Lyrica Lilac, both I haven't been able to find, and I just love G4 babies!

And finally Zig Zag, I've been trying to get one for a long time but it never works out, and I just love him.  He's a lot bigger in person than I thought!

I just loved all the pictures too, particularly the sundae ones, it was so well written and I loved that it was from the ponies' perspective, so cute!

Offline lochnessmomster

• Star of the Sea
  • Trade Count: (+89)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Just a little globe-trotting pony. :-)
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 10, 2014, 04:12:34 AM »
And the brags keep rolling in!!

Okay, so I'm always a huge advocate of commenting on all the brags and teasers.  I know I miss some here and there, but I think it's important to acknowledge all the hard work everyone has put into their boxes.  So...

SeashellnBubbles box from Midnights_dream: Those smooth stones are so cool!  I always loved collecting rocks when I went on family vacations as a kid. ^.^ Haha, I love how your dog looks like he/she is intently reading the Marie's chocolate brochure.  :P Speaking of which, Midnights_dream was so thoughtful to send treats for your puppy! And oh my goodness, pumpkin creme brulee??  Yes, please!! The ponies are awesome, too, but I admit I've been more excited by all the extras and the photos in this swap.  Caramel Crunch is really pretty!

LadySatine's box from MiRaja: I'm impressed at all the European ponies, especially coming from someone in Florida.  Those must have been hard to track down.  Even in the UK it can be difficult to find Honeycomb, and in such lovely condition, too!! I love the extras.  It evokes images of drinking margaritas at the beach.  ^.^ LadySatine, your son is so precious.  How old is he?

Prismatic's box from Mori_LeStrange: Ooh, you got a box of Chicago-style popcorn?!  I love the stuff!  You wouldn't think the two flavours would go together, but it works somehow.  I do prefer the caramel the best, though... a whole bag of that would make me a happy girl indeed.  :P Mori, you sent some great ponies! That MIB Rainbow Dash is so cool!  The photo album sounds really neat.  I'd love to be able to see a few of the pics.

Hey, MikeysGrrrl.... I was looking at my ponies again and wondering... did you plan for them to represent various holidays, or was that a coincidence?  You sent ponies representing Valentine's Day, St. Patrick's Day, and Easter.  And Baby Lickety Split is distinctly summery.  The only pony who doesn't quite fit with the theme is Baby Ribbs, although I suppose he could be the Halloween pony. ;)

Avatar by the amazing SDS; signature by Jennifer2004 -- thank you both!! ^.^

~Pony Wish List~

Offline wyndeboo

• Trade Count: (+85)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 10, 2014, 05:35:01 AM »
Mori your kitties are soo cute

MikeysGrrrl those murals are amazing

Offline Doedeardarling

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 10, 2014, 05:52:01 AM »
I can finally share some of the photo's I sent cassstorm with you guys. I added a couple of new ones too, because you know what happened with my pics... Anyways here's my favorites.

Here's ponies visiting the city of Porvoo. It's very near to where I live, and it's a popular place for tourists to visit.

This is not a good picture so much, but there in the background is Finland's national bird: the whooper swan.

Here's my own Fizzy by one of our largest lakes: Päijänne.

This is in Helsinki. You can see the Parliament house in the background. I'm sorry for the harsh light on this one - it was very sunny. The ponies are from my sister's collection.

And lastly a couple of ponies by a rapid of my hometown river.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal