collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Do you let your pets sleep on the bed?  (Read 2536 times)

Offline fingerpaints

• Makin' a mess pony
  • Trade Count: (+72)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • manahmanah :D
    • View Profile
Do you let your pets sleep on the bed?
« on: June 23, 2014, 05:51:16 AM »
Just out of curiosity, I was wondering if it was considered normal among us pony folk to let your fur babies sleep on the bed with you? Or is it a no no?

I have a menagerie of scaley and finned pets that for obvious reasons don't sleep on the bed, but the three cats sleep with me or others in the household. Jack my little man sleeps on my bed or my friend who is staying with us, he picks which bed he wants to sleep on pretty much. Winston often sleeps on my parents bed and occasionally will sleep next to me, and darla normally sleeps with my parents, she is daddys little girl and often snuggles under the blankets with him. The boys both always sleep on top.

A good friend of mine has a rotwheeler cross that always sleeps with her, and my ex had a maltese x king charles spaniel that slept on the bed with us. Ive been brought up to find this pretty normal behaviour but I know not everyone agrees with it.

So pets on or off the bed?

Offline ajmeier55

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Do you let your pets sleep on the bed?
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2014, 06:04:25 AM »
I have 3 dogs and they are allowed on the bed as they like, they don't sleep with us at night (their choice) but I will see them catching a catnap at different times during the day.

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • Trade Count: (+128)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2014, 06:05:36 AM »
My cat Gu sleeps on my other pillow on my double bed. I don't always want her there because of my allergies, but even if I push her off, she comes back. Meh. I love her, so I out up with it XD

Offline doxiechic16

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2014, 06:17:17 AM »
Unless they want to sleep literally on my head while I'm sleeping (which does happen from time to time), I've always liked for my pets to sleep on the bed with me.  When I lived at home with my parents, our dachshund would sleep in my bed with me.  She'd often burrow under the covers and stretch out and, because of her length, take up a good deal of the bed, but she was too cute for me to make her sleep in her own bed.  She now sleeps with my parents or brother when my parents aren't home.  My boyfriend and I like for our cat to sleep with us when the cat is willing to grace us with his presence.   :)

Offline HavACrumpet452

• Fakies R People 2
  • Trade Count: (0)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2014, 06:20:41 AM »
Yep. My big bloodhound mix and my little basset mix both sleep on the bed. I contort around them. My ferret used to sleep on the bed too but he lives in the basement of the new house. If ferrets could really be litter trained maybe he could live upstairs.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline UrocyonFox

• Zombie BBE Pony
  • Trade Count: (+142)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Urocyonfox's Artwork
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2014, 07:25:02 AM »
When I was younger our pets always slept in the bed, Now that I'm married and live on my own all pets are banished from the bed. (mind you most of our pets are snakes, lizards, turtles, spiders, fish and newts, but we do have a dog who is not allowed in the bed. He recognizes it as our space and he is respectful of it.

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2014, 07:30:41 AM »
Goodness no.  All pets have always had their own separate sleeping space.  I can't stand the scent of "animal" in my pillows and blankets. 
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Gloomygirl777

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2014, 07:38:12 AM »
My cat Gu sleeps on my other pillow on my double bed. I don't always want her there because of my allergies, but even if I push her off, she comes back. Meh. I love her, so I out up with it XD

Same here!!! I have learned to deal with it :lol:

Offline Hervoyel

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Toy Box Revenge
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2014, 07:41:15 AM »
I don't. 

In fact, we don't usually have pets in the bedrooms since the dog has his own bed in the main living (as have our past pets).  We occasionally bring the dog's bed into the master bedroom if there's a thunderstorm or if we have enough guests that one is staying in the living area (because otherwise the dog will climb into bed with them).

Blog

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2014, 08:09:18 AM »
Mine hang out with me on the bed during the day but at night hubby insists they are off the bed unless it's really cold.

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline Aienhime

• Trade Count: (+14)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2014, 09:01:44 AM »
He's allowed in the bedroom during the day, as our appartment isn't that big and our cat is huge (lol), so I'd feel bad if he didn't have the bedroom for extra space. At night he's not allowed in the bedroom though, unless we have guests sleeping over as he'll keep them awake.

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2014, 09:19:49 AM »
We only allow 3 of our 6 cats in the bedroom with us at night, but one of them hardly ever sleeps in the bed.  Slick is ALWAYS on me though, and Jupiter comes and goes.  She sleeps under the bed a lot. 

The other 3 are too active at night so they get to roam the rest of the house and hunt their toys.  ;) 

Offline Whippycorn

• Trade Count: (+82)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2014, 09:26:20 AM »
When we got our first pup I was adamant she would not be allowed on the bed. BF is such a softie that now both our dogs often spend at least a part on the night on our bed (they rotate between their own beds and ours). I hate things being smelly and hairy though, so dogs and bedding get washed regularly.
**** ARENA SALES ****

**** EBAY SALES ****

Offline Ackryllis

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Mighty Morphin Power Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2014, 09:32:23 AM »
Our cat can't be without people. She acts all indifferent but will allways go where the people are. During night she first goes in my sisters bed and for the rest of the night she comes to my bed. And she's so mellow that she lets me bury my face in her belly fur. She's my face warmer :biggrin:

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2014, 09:41:04 AM »
My dad never allowed that growing up so I would have a hard time starting, though the BF does :)

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal