collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Do you let your pets sleep on the bed?  (Read 2591 times)

Offline Saphraira

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
  • Shoo be doo
    • View Profile
Re: Do you let your pets sleep on the bed?
« Reply #45 on: June 25, 2014, 07:04:04 AM »
All my pets take up as much room as possible, and while asleep so do I. I accidentally push them off the bed so its safer for them to sleep in their pet beds
Looking for Surprise twins mommy

Offline Aflame

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 25, 2014, 07:14:39 AM »
as my cat has a snotty nose she is not allowed in the bedroom but she did come in when we had our other cat put to sleep .

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 25, 2014, 03:02:28 PM »
I let cats on the bed as long as they are indoor only.  I love cuddling with them.  But as dogs go in and out all day long, I don't let them because my husband and I are both allergic to pollen and grass and it's not nice waking up with a sore throat and runny nose.  For some reason it's ok to pet and cuddle on the floor but all night exposure is just awful.  Poor puppy!  :(
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline Pheasant

• She's a daydreamer
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+32)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 25, 2014, 09:02:51 PM »
I only have one indoor pet, a ten year-old cat, and she's allowed to sleep on my bed for varying reasons: one being that she has done it for a long time, and two being the fact that she's nice to hug on cold nights.  :lol: She originally wasn't supposed to, but after several failed attempts at getting her to sleep elsewhere she's earned the privilege. As long as she doesn't sleep on my pillow, I have no allergy problems.
Mimic on MLPTP

Offline Khema

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 27, 2014, 08:57:02 AM »
Just try to keep Sammy off the bed!

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 27, 2014, 09:08:05 AM »
I don't have any pets that could sleep in my bed right now. We are looking into maybe getting a small dog later this year. But if we do it will not be in the bed. I have bad allergies and asthma so I have to keep my bedroom clean.

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 02, 2014, 10:06:25 AM »
Yep, mine sleep with me :) My poodle sleeps with my mom and the two chihuahuas sleep with me. Haley is supposed to sleep with my sister so we'll all have one dog to sleep with at night, but Haley likes to sleep with me and Cocoa will sometimes sneak off into my mom's room :P

I've had Cocoa for 5 and half years now and she's only slept by herself one time, the first night I got her. She didn't like sleeping alone and cried so she's been in my bed ever since, hehe.
My Wish List

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 02, 2014, 03:34:08 PM »
Yeah, I have a 9 year old, male orange tabby cat and he's fat but he cuddles with me when I first get into bed and sometimes he even shares my pillow if he scoots himself up higher and stretches.  He'll eventually move towards my feet or legs and uses them as a pillow or something.

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 02, 2014, 03:44:15 PM »
Nah, I have my wife to snuggle with I don't need the dogs in the bed. :lol:

I've read it's actually not good to have them in there anyway. They make it harder to sleep because they move more. If I take a nap during the day they sleep with me but not at night. They have dog beds on te floor at the end of the bed. That's their sleeping spot.
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Offline MoondancerMilkyWay

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • you've got to pony while the pony is pony!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 02, 2014, 03:53:32 PM »
the cat used to a lot more, but since we got the puppy the puppy sleeps in the bed and the cat comes in to annoy me and tell me she is hungry
~I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more ponies! I gotta have more ponies!~
"I'm not going to buy every Malibu Stacy with a hat"  - ponyqueen

Offline Pegaso80

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 02, 2014, 04:12:12 PM »
Yes, my dog sleeps in my bed whenever she wants but I barely realise she's in there because my bed is too big only for me  :biggrin: and it's nice to have it warmer in winter; however when I go to my parents' where the bed is smaller is quite difficult to  get some place for us both  :blush:
:rainbow: Nemo patriam quia magna est amat, sed quia sua (Séneca)
Beati Hispani quibus vivere bibere est (Iulius Caesar) :rainbow:

Offline Shaiyeh

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+78)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • Watch my Youtube!
« Reply #56 on: July 03, 2014, 08:23:15 AM »
Yup, Cheddar (our cat) is allowed in our bed.
He usually cuddles for a bit, then goes to sleep on a chair in the bedroom, or on our sofa in the livingroom. Then he comes back for cuddles in the morning, and sometimes he falls asleep there in the morning too.

Thanks izard for my super cute ava and Starscout for my wonderful siggie!

Offline CupidStrikes

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Angry little slice of pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 03, 2014, 08:39:09 AM »
Generally, our two cats aren't allowed in my bedroom unsupervised, as they have a habit of climbing my bookcase/onto my consoles/onto the display cabinet (they are attracted to expensive and/or fragile things, I swear...) but I do let them sleep on the bed...just not if I'm trying to sleep as well! My door doesn't stay open very well, and I don't want to accidentally block off their path to their food and water or the litter box!
Idly searching for: loose, good condition G4 Blossomforth, Starbeam Twinkle, Plumsweet. TTM Celestia doll's wings Within UK or EU only, please.
Will also take in Pretty Pony Club (UK magazine) fakies.

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #58 on: July 03, 2014, 08:50:59 AM »
My mom never allowed my childhood cat on the furniture.  But now?  My two cats are welcome on the couch and bed.  However, they often choose to sleep in their cat beds instead.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 03, 2014, 09:11:50 AM »
My cat doesn't give us the option of not sleeping with her- she will howl and claw at the door the entire night if need be, just to get in.  She likes to sleep flush against the bottom of my foot- which as you can probably guess, doesn't always work out well for her... her second favorite is snugged tight against my rear.  Sigh.

This last winter I bought a heated cat bed.  She freaking loves it.  (Initially she didn't because I put it on a dresser across the room- but when I moved it to the Bedside table- it became her FAVORITE THING EVER.  It is warm, yet close to my head.  Plus I have my bed back....   (grant you it doesn't work the nights that it is hot, when she then feels like she'd rather sleep on me than her bed...  but for Seattle, 99.9% of the time, it is NOT hot)

So yeah-  to all of you with needy kitties... I HIGHLY HIGHLY HIGHLY RECOMMEND THE HEATED CAT BED - and don't put it across the room either- (she didn't like it there) put it right on your bedside table.  Convenient? No.  But as cuddly and sweet as a kitty is, it is MUCH easier to sleep with one not adhered to you in some way when you are trying to sleep (or say flip over in bed)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal