collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Did you ever have that one teacher?  (Read 490 times)

Offline okamigirl64

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
  • "I used to wonder what friendship could be."
    • View Profile
Did you ever have that one teacher?
« on: May 16, 2014, 05:36:59 PM »
I was wondering if anyone has that one teacher that has impacted you in one way or another. For me, it has to be my current (well my school year ends in one week) 11th grade US History teacher. She is just such an amazing person with such passion of the subject. The best way I can describe her is Pinkie Pie- crazy and fun yet down to earth. I am going to miss having her next year.  :cry:
As anyone else here had that one school teacher or professor that you have never forgot about? I would love to hear stories!  :)

Offline wyndeboo

• Trade Count: (+85)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Did you ever have that one teacher?
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2014, 05:49:36 PM »
oh yes. it was actually two teachers for me.
First was my high school World History Teacher Mr. Cifaldi.
 The most amazing man ever. 60 years young and actually made history fun and exciting. we never opened our book, he taught us from his mind. Best class of my high school years

Second was my college Art Teacher Mrs. Null.
She is the reason why I love art so much today. I never wanted to graduate.

Offline HelloGoodbye

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2014, 06:33:07 PM »
I have been privileged to have had a lot of teachers like this.  I suppose if I had to choose one, though, it would be my English teacher from freshman year of high school.  She is so passionate and excited about the material she teaches!  She inspired me to pursue a career as a high school English teacher.  I'm graduating next month, and next year at college I'm going to start working towards my goal. 
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to Nence for my adoptable!

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2014, 06:35:42 PM »
That would be my world history two teacher, she was really nice and retired now.

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2014, 11:59:36 PM »
My History teacher in Highschool. My year was the first one studying history and cultural history the way we did it. Of course there was a course plan but we rushed through it so we could read what we wanted as he let us choose. We were a small group of only eight people that got along very well and we came up with a ton of fun stuff to learn about, like the Maori culture (the world creation in their way must to be one of the mos beautiful ones), Maya and Inka and he made a ton of research to help us learn. When we came to Italy during the renaissance he invited us over to his home for an Italian dinner that was amazing! He had a way of teaching that stuck with us, got us involved and to this day 11 years later he is the one I send my thoughts to whenever I think of school. He made it a happy place for me.

Another one was my War History professors at Uni. He was so passionate about what he knew and so eager to teach. During the end of a lecture he asked if we wanted to know more about the Korea War as he had just touched the subject and wasn't really going in to it anymore. Many of us wanted to so he booked a room for the afternoon and held another lecture for us. He didn't get payed for it as it was not in his schedule but he did it for us :heart: And his sense of humour were fantastic. He made us laugh every day.

Two of my archaeology proffessors are also kept warm in my memory. They had different directions but both were so full of knowledge and passion about it and so eager to teach us about it. I still keep their numbers in my phone. Not that I ever need to call them again and hasn't for the last ten years but I always get a warm fuzzy feel when I scroll past their names.

Offline kiwimlp

• Intros and Brags Mod
  • *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • I am Negan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2014, 12:52:36 AM »
Absolutely!  My 4th form Maths teacher took me from a D grade to a B in one term.  She singled me out because she could see I was struggling and gave me extra homework (I didn't thank her for it at the time!).  At the end of the term she gave me the December Christmas Advent calendar to take home.  :)

I really, really wish I had a way of contacting her now all these years later to tell her how much her belief in me meant.  She really was a teacher in a million.

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2014, 08:45:50 AM »
Ive had a few--both positive and negative.

Off hand, I really liked my grade 5 teacher, and my one prof when I took graphic design.  He was amazing and easy to understand :)

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

Offline Bekuno

• Starstruck
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Space Pony Enthusiast.
    • View Profile
    • Art Website
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2014, 09:05:11 AM »
Mine was Ms. Skeen my 8th grade History Teacher.

She was just like me, a complete geek. She loved all the same sci-fi, cartoons, and almost everything I liked. Since my mom was always near the end of the line to pick me up I often stayed after in her room to hang out with her.
For the first semester of school she kept an example of how to properly date our papers on the board and every day she would change the name to someone from pop culture.

I even took her with me to an art museum with my mom and my best friend Eric who was also good friends with her.

She moved to a different school district after my freshman year of highschool, but I have her on facebook!
Avatar was drawn by tumblr user Yomirs, sig by LordBlumiere and Sweetpop!  :heart:

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2014, 09:52:11 AM »
My 4th grade teacher. She was one of the very few who actually cared about her students.

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline True

• Eartha Uncorn
  • Trade Count: (+98)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Unicorn of the earth
    • View Profile
    • Truly Customs
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2014, 10:35:28 AM »
oh yes, I know exactly how you feel! My 8th grade history teacher was... well im not going to say amazing? because he was kinda strict, (with people goofing off) but he was also really kind, but he was a great teacher, and was a war vet as well. He was the only history teacher that made me want to learn about history. I can honestly say he opened that up for me lol. He would always bring things in to class as well, like an old cylinder record phonograph, or the bayonet off of an old rifle, just tons of really interesting things that made me curious about history. His class wasnt just watching films and reading text.

He was still required to give us the "read these pages and answer these questions with text etc" but they were supplemented with his own knowledge and history and interesting things.

My only other teacher of note. When I got pregnant and had to leave the public highschool, I went to an alternative school. A place that everyone called "the blow off school" and I suppose it was for some. But for those of us who still really wanted to finish school despite our own challenges, those are honestly some of the greatest teachers iv ever had. Not only did they deal with the typical aggressive behavior that was typical of this school, but they really knew how to TEACH to kids who had a lot of other personal things going on. Anyway! xD the teacher I remember the most is my art teacher! He was just a really great guy, he was sarcastic which was probably good for this place xD but he really knew how to encourage people at the same time.
 He didnt say "ok paint this" he would instead say "ok were working on oil paints for a few weeks, so you can do a landscape or a still life or whatever." 

Anyway xD Those two had the biggest most lasting impression on me, and I doubt ill ever forget them. :)
:heart: My Sales Thread :heart:
Toola Roola Avatar by Pikashoes!

Offline Rosencrantz

• Shakespearian Tragedy Pony
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I like shiny things
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2014, 10:46:46 AM »
My world mythology teacher - I dreaded missing class not because of grade problems, but because it means I'd miss out on her lectures. She was like a little pixie and had a thousand fancy shoes and she made everything sound amazing.
 (backcard by Ivy!)

CottonTALE

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2014, 11:02:01 AM »
I had a professor who impacted me greatly. He was my music teacher from Grade 9-13. He inspired me to keep trying and perfecting my use of instruments.

I met my husband through him (Mr.TALE had him as well for music) at a music event for my high school that my teacher hosted. If it wasn't for my music teacher, I would not be where I am today.

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2014, 12:41:50 PM »
Most of my teachers were awesome, it was just the school administration that kept things running like an institution. 
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Sora

• Pokémon Master
  • Trade Count: (+17)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2014, 12:54:48 PM »
My Year 3 teacher was amazing. She was one of the only teachers I really, really liked. She really was fantastic!

In secondary school, the only teacher I adored was my Japanese teacher. She was super friendly, and she was always happy to answer any questions I had about the language/country :)

Aqua Heart custom by Kitkumi!

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • Trade Count: (+128)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2014, 09:20:29 AM »
Haha awkward post coming up..... yep, fancied one of my male teachers for 4 and 1/2 years, and I still kinda fancy him. He has a wonderful personality, and the most perfect face, so yeah, :blush: He did kinda make an impact XD

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal