collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What are your MLP-Peeves?  (Read 6822 times)

nyanpotato

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: What are your MLP-Peeves?
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2014, 10:47:57 PM »
I'm very annoyed with how Hasbro makes Princess Luna completely different colors as a toy. She's blue with blue hair, not purple with purple and blue hair. The McDonald's Luna also has a pink moon cutie mark rather than white and she doesn't have the black patch around the moon with either. And she has season 1 hair.

The lack of Luna toys yet they shoehorn Celestia into everything.

This. A hundred times over this. Why do I have to spend years learning to customize or just to get a good Luna? Everyone else is fairly show accurate! I buy them anyway. I guess I'm part of the problem.  :lol:

Also, these new G4s with the wide noses. The narrow original noses look so cute! Why would you change that to something that makes them look fat and not show accurate? It works okay for Mrs. Cake, though.
Glad to know I'm not the only one.

Offline BerylBreeze

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2014, 10:55:39 PM »
When people use the term "show accurate" only to indicate that a pony has molded hair (and all doll-hair toys are automatically "inaccurate").
But that's mostly used in the brony community.

Offline Violet CLM

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Sunset Shimmer did nothing wrong
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2014, 11:02:07 PM »
"G3 Friendship is Magic" in auction titles. No, it can't be both, stop messing up my search results.

PrincessGlitterBloom

« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2014, 12:49:21 AM »
No boy ponies.
Though this could group under lack of diversity.
Equestria Girl's face mold, they could have been much cuter in my opinion.

Hit and Misses: Hasbro getting cool ideas like, goth rock sock ponies... then screwing up the end result.

My Target being the last store in the world to get any new stuff in.
And.... foreign exclusives... I see merch for the coolest stuff, or good plushes, and it's only in Russia or Japan or something.
Then a million Funrise Cherilees cry in overstock as we await better soft ponies.

OH OH almost forgot. Head plastic color not matching body plastic color. Common problem for Twilight especially.

AnnetheCatDetective

« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2014, 03:08:52 AM »
The quality on the Equestria Girls dolls for sure. I'd have loved a Rarity doll if they'd been better... but they didn't have a lot of articulation, and the aesthetics seemed slightly off to me in a way I can't quite put my finger on... And of course the doll outfits are never quite what the cartoon outfits are (at least Rarity's dress in the cartoon wasn't wildly out of character!), and the giant boots everywhere thing felt weird to me. (the line as a whole I hated the 'EVERYONE WEARS SHORT SKIRT AND HUGE BOOTS' look-- on Rarity it might have worked okay, but... I don't know.)

I'm glad I didn't buy one, my brother picked up an Applejack and said that quality-for-money I would have been very disappointed in her. Mattel is king when it comes to dolls, and Hasbro just didn't get it right right out of the gate... and didn't give themselves enough time to fix every issue that they had before the dolls had to be out on the shelves. I'm sure there are little girls who don't care about any of the issues that irk me, of course! I'm just picky as a doll collector. If you can't give me articulation, then I REALLY need to love the aesthetics, either of the dolls themselves, or of the clothes (plus I like a certain quality of plastic, I expect a certain amount of hair... and I have to like their clothes and accessories). But to me Equestria Girls dolls fail as fashion dolls because I don't see a lot of variety. I mean, nobody expects them to be Barbie, but most fashion doll lines come out with fashion packs. Even the Disney princesses have them! With the not-ponies, I see additional dolls who are dressed in alternate outfits, but no dresses you can buy to put on the not-pony you have! HUGE failing for a fashion doll line.

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2014, 03:19:59 AM »
A personal pet-peeve of mine is when a seller claims a G1 is *RARE* simply because it's a G1 and will push the price up to impossible levels. Yeah I know I love Applejack but I wouldn't pay £80 for her..

Haha, oh yes! Some people do that simply because it's G1, but I have also seen some try to sell common G3s as "rare" items. It used to piss me off but now I just laugh about it. If someone is so silly to buy a G3 for 10€ just because a seller on ebay put "rare" in the title it's their own fault :P

Offline Tinks

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2014, 04:50:15 AM »
When someone gives you strange looks cus you are buying ponies.
What yah I'm a grown woman buying l il plastic horsies!! Its my money deal!

This is one of mine as well! I was in the supermarket buying the last sunset shimmer and the young guy (little younger than me, say 25ish) said in a joke “I hope that's not for you!?" I actually got really embarrassed and said it's for my sister but what I should of said was YES! It's MY pony! Deal with it......and skip out of the store

Also another peeve is when non pony fans/collectors try to rip you off.  Yeah yeah I know it's a g1 but heck no I'm not paying £10 for a scalped and gross butterscotch at a carboot sale! I have like loads of her and yes I want to rescue her but don't try and rip good people off. (Note to self, stop wearing your pony tshirts when pony hunting-they know and will use it against you!)
802 and counting........

Offline ponyqueen

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • "My, Earth really is full of things." -King of All
    • View Profile
    • Etsy
« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2014, 05:18:48 AM »
I may be the only one, but I loathe the "Buy it Now" feature on eBay. It perpetuates and accentuates the overpricing of ponies and has turned the site into a store, not an auction site.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: Did I forget to leave feedback? Please pm me! :heart:

Offline rybett

• Mintylicious Midwest Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2014, 06:20:15 AM »
MLPeeeves.  :) 
The Ebay stuff.  ^^
:socks:   :frog:

Offline Dreamer

• Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2014, 06:29:13 AM »

This is one of mine as well! I was in the supermarket buying the last sunset shimmer and the young guy (little younger than me, say 25ish) said in a joke “I hope that's not for you!?" I actually got really embarrassed and said it's for my sister but what I should of said was YES! It's MY pony! Deal with it......and skip out of the store

Also another peeve is when non pony fans/collectors try to rip you off.  Yeah yeah I know it's a g1 but heck no I'm not paying £10 for a scalped and gross butterscotch at a carboot sale! I have like loads of her and yes I want to rescue her but don't try and rip good people off. (Note to self, stop wearing your pony tshirts when pony hunting-they know and will use it against you!)

This. I have an imaginary niece to whom I buy all my ponies and toys XD (Always wear your lucky starry trousers when pony hunting on flea markets!)

Offline ponyqueen

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • "My, Earth really is full of things." -King of All
    • View Profile
    • Etsy
« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2014, 06:36:54 AM »

This. I have an imaginary niece to whom I buy all my ponies and toys XD (Always wear your lucky starry trousers when pony hunting on flea markets!)

My sister and I were embarrassed to be buying mlp and lps when we were teenagers. We'd have loud conversations about looking for a gift for "Tabitha" a younger friend or cousin. I don't have this problem anymore for two reasons: #1 I don't care if anyone figures out I'm buying these for myself (like all the cashiers at Target that recognize me. I'm supporting the economy, yo!) and #2 I'm old enough to have young kids, so people can assume I am buying them for my own daughters (or sons) if it pleases them.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: Did I forget to leave feedback? Please pm me! :heart:

Offline Dreamer

• Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2014, 06:49:23 AM »
Ponyqueen, at least people can think you've got kids! I'm still at high school! My solution is going to faraway flea markets where no one will recognise me XD

Offline CupidStrikes

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Angry little slice of pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2014, 06:54:10 AM »
Constant re-releasing of the mane six, especially Pinkie Pie.

New ponies disappearing off shelves within two weeks never to be restocked in your area ever again. Or when shops will happily stock a shelf-full of those creepy knock-offs but no actual MLP items.

US exclusives. US exclusives. US exclusives that, if they come here, are suddenly 2-3x the price they were in the US.
Europe exclusives, too, as we don't seem to see those, either. It'd be nice, Hasbro if we didn't lose out on pretty much all the exclusives, y'know.

Show-accuracy. I don't mean moulded hair. I mean there is no point in having so many diverse characters, both in appearance and personality, in the show if the toyline is going to ignore it and do its own thing. I like the random characters we get in the blindbag line (and to a much lesser extent, the brushable line) but if you're going to make a toy of a character, actually make that character as they appear in the show. Disney do not go "We're going to release a doll of Elsa!" and then release her with black hair, in an orange dress, and with a sandcastle accessory. No, they release a doll that is representative of the character in both appearance and personality because maybe, just maybe, when a kid wants a toy of a character they like from a film or show, they want that character. I think pinklestia and purpleluna are pretty, sure, but when I buy a toy or figure of a specific character, I want it to look like that character. For a show that celebrates people's/ponies' differences in personality and appearances, it's incredibly sad that Hasbro seem to be doing all they can to make the toys and dolls as samey as possible.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2014, 01:04:34 AM by CupidStrikes »
Idly searching for: loose, good condition G4 Blossomforth, Starbeam Twinkle, Plumsweet. TTM Celestia doll's wings Within UK or EU only, please.
Will also take in Pretty Pony Club (UK magazine) fakies.

Offline TornadoTwist

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Author of MLP Merch
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 08, 2014, 06:59:56 AM »
- When I order the same thing for someone and that one comes weeks first. And Im still waiting for basicly the same thing.
- People who ask 5 euro's for a common G3 at a fleamarket in bad condition
- US exclusives... all the time.

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 08, 2014, 07:45:56 AM »
Well I hate it when ponies are very high in price!
And then sellers list horrible pictures on ebay. Come on people if you want to sell something at least put up a picture that is clear. And move the hair so we can see the eyes and whats under it.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal