collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What are your MLP-Peeves?  (Read 6835 times)

Offline Silver_mirror46

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Check out my art store @La Poyoshop on Etsy
Re: What are your MLP-Peeves?
« Reply #45 on: May 10, 2014, 08:15:01 AM »
How overpriced ponies are in my country :'((((((
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

thank you PonyWithnoCrown afor the lovely pony in siggie :3
My DA page  My Tumblr Art Tag  Commissions   Trader Feedback

Offline Pheasant

• She's a daydreamer
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+32)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 10, 2014, 10:26:57 AM »

- When people tell me that a MLP OC must have a symbol or it's just a colorful horse. Tell that to Ember!

That's a silly thing to have someone tell you-- and if it's G4 fans giving guff over that, what about the CMC? People can do what they want with their OCs, goodness.

Interestingly, I've only had fans of the previous three generations mention that. I've guessing that the G4 fans can care less due to the CMC.

I've thought of another peeve, although this is for the post service in general, not just for ponies: when you order or send something clearly marked 'Fragile' or 'Do Not Bend' and the postal gorillas go out of their way to do exactly the opposite.
Mimic on MLPTP

Online lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 10, 2014, 11:10:11 AM »
People new to MLP who think that as soon as there's a hair out of place, some surface dirt, or a tiny spot to remove, that the pony is bait!  :( 
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Rainbowings

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Secret Surprise Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 10, 2014, 12:28:22 PM »
When you have a chat to your non pony friends about your collection and they say "I had all of them, every one and, all the play sets ever made" and you know its bull. Big pile of. And it smells.

Offline plushroo

• Trade Count: (+252)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • princess Cotton Candy
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 10, 2014, 04:01:23 PM »
Here are mine, most ebay related:
Seeing the same auctions for the same poor common ponies over and over again for a high price or marked down just a bit under the original price. I know you gotta make up for ebays fees and stuff, but seriously, if the ponies have been relisted in the past year and a half, maybe just group them all in one lot if you really want to get rid of them!

Seeing toys like Sweetie pups and other non pony items listed in the same category as mlp... and at ridiculous prices to boot!

Seeing a group picture of ponies or accessories and reading that you're ONLY getting the one in the listing! Just take separate pictures, lazy! Ebay gives you free photo uploads to a point!

and another one that gets me is being outbid on a great lot of ponies only to see every one in the lot listed again separately weeks later by the person who outbid you at their going price or higher! If you don't intend on keeping any of them, fine, but at least start with a lower price and have buyers bid it up! Just my 2 cents :)
« Last Edit: May 10, 2014, 04:05:06 PM by plushroo »

BrightStar

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #50 on: May 13, 2014, 02:52:29 PM »
When someone gives you strange looks cus you are buying ponies.
What yah I'm a grown woman buying l il plastic horsies!! Its my money deal!

This is one of mine as well! I was in the supermarket buying the last sunset shimmer and the young guy (little younger than me, say 25ish) said in a joke “I hope that's not for you!?" I actually got really embarrassed and said it's for my sister but what I should of said was YES! It's MY pony! Deal with it......and skip out of the store

Also another peeve is when non pony fans/collectors try to rip you off.  Yeah yeah I know it's a g1 but heck no I'm not paying £10 for a scalped and gross butterscotch at a carboot sale! I have like loads of her and yes I want to rescue her but don't try and rip good people off. (Note to self, stop wearing your pony tshirts when pony hunting-they know and will use it against you!)

This. I have an imaginary niece to whom I buy all my ponies and toys XD (Always wear your lucky starry trousers when pony hunting on flea markets!)

My sister and I were embarrassed to be buying mlp and lps when we were teenagers. We'd have loud conversations about looking for a gift for "Tabitha" a younger friend or cousin. I don't have this problem anymore for two reasons: #1 I don't care if anyone figures out I'm buying these for myself (like all the cashiers at Target that recognize me. I'm supporting the economy, yo!) and #2 I'm old enough to have young kids, so people can assume I am buying them for my own daughters (or sons) if it pleases them.

I`ve actually had cashiers say things about my 2yr old daughter (who is with me) getting new ponies, and I correct them and say "Oh no, these ones are for me". LOL the looks I get.    ( The blind bags and second hand G1,2,3 are for me. She gets G4 brushables and FS)

I had this happen to me the last time I went to Target. I bought the mane six (finally) and a couple of the blind bags...
the cashier said "Wow someone must really like ponies."
and I said "Yeah, I do. I've been collecting them since I was a kid."
and she gave me this weird look and the girls behind me who were teeny boppers started to snicker, and she noticed.
So I, who have no eff's to give, looked at them dead in the eye and said "You can laugh all you want, you just wish you didn't care what other people thought of you. You might get to that point, when you grow up. But I don't hold out hope." took my bags and walked away.

I am not ashamed of my love for my ponies. Obviously it's important to me, I wouldn't be spending money on it otherwise. And I'm certainly not going to let some little kid make me feel bad about it.
There's a lot of love and care that goes into these "stupid plastic horses" as I've heard them called. The skills that a lot of people have here, you couldn't find that elsewhere. The ability to do customs? To draw in a style that's not your own? To draw at all really, and color? Make sprites / adoptables? Be able to bring ponies back from the brink of being bait? To use baits to make brand new ponies?  That's all talent. Don't ever let someone else make you feel bad whatever your age is. You're awesome and part of an awesome fandom. And we all support you, whatever your role. ^^

btw, my biggest pet peeve for MLP is buying a pony that only looks grubby, and find they have other problems, like tail rot, that the owner didn't list and then doesn't accept returns. That just chaps my... well you know.

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #51 on: May 13, 2014, 03:07:18 PM »
 - Ponies with words on them.  Like Baby Sweetcake, Baby Gametime, the G3 "inspirational words" ponies, and, worst of all, the G3.5s with their names written on them. 

- Ponies with tails that are a different color from their manes.  I HATE THIS.

- Alicorns other than Celestia and Luna.  I don't like alicorns in MLP at all, to be honest, but at least Luna and Celestia had the 'we're basically goddesses' thing as an excuse.  Then you get Princess Cadence, who was--Twilight's teenage babysitter!!   Yeeeeah, nooo.

- The term Nirvana, yeah.  Can't we just call them "variants"?

- People (mostly males) who say things like "We are the real target audience now!" or "This show isn't for little girls any more!" whenever something remotely action-packed happens on the screen.  Right!  Because it is just impossible for little girls to like anything other than tea parties!!! 
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Stars

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
  • 'You're special to me!' ~ Sweet Berry
    • View Profile
    • The Cave of the Past - My Blog
« Reply #52 on: May 13, 2014, 03:37:37 PM »
When people mis-gen ponies on ebay.
It would take all of two seconds on google to realise that's a G1 or G3 not G2! They end up confusing my search. I can understand not being well informed but I've bought from people who can't identify the pony but who have at least done the research to find out it is G2.

Thank you to Nence for my lovely Rosie Teapony and Shiverdam for my Rosie Seapony <3
3DS Friend Code: 1805 - 2156 - 2596 | Mii: Ellie | AC: Nellie - Town: Phenac | Pokemon Y: Eleanor

Offline ponycake

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 13, 2014, 04:39:33 PM »
Lots marked as "HUGE!" when there's like seven ponies.  Same thing for garage sales.  I go out of my way to follow the signs for a "mega" or "huge" sale only to find a couple of tables with some baby clothes on it or something.

Some sellers literally put 'lot of 1 pony' on Ebay and it's like reallyy.  :mad:

Also the bronies who want to argue with me that MLP Tales is g2? No, it isn't. Go away.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2014, 04:42:42 PM by ponycake »

Check out my art thread here

WTB: US MIB Birthday Pony

Offline shindow

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
    • Derpy's Scrapbook: Collecting Ditsy Doo
« Reply #54 on: May 13, 2014, 07:38:36 PM »
Isn't Tales considered part of G1?  :blush:
Collecting :muffin: Pony / Ditsy Doo?
Check out her latest releases, news, and reviews at:
www.derpyscrapbook.blogspot.com
- The :muffin: Pony collector expert. And I love My Little Pony Tales. And Muffins.

Offline ponycake

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 13, 2014, 07:50:19 PM »
Isn't Tales considered part of G1?  :blush:

Sorry, maybe I worded it in a confusing way. :P yeah My Little Pony Tales is g1 but some bronies like to argue that it's g2.

Offline Aitsuki

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 13, 2014, 09:17:20 PM »
Lots marked as "HUGE!" when there's like seven ponies.  Same thing for garage sales.  I go out of my way to follow the signs for a "mega" or "huge" sale only to find a couple of tables with some baby clothes on it or something.

Some sellers literally put 'lot of 1 pony' on Ebay and it's like reallyy.  :mad:

Also the bronies who want to argue with me that MLP Tales is g2? No, it isn't. Go away.

Mmmm.... yeah, it's not G2, but some consider it the second generation of the show, because while it uses pretty much the same style of pony, its story, environment, and characterization are so drastically different it's like a whole new show. But you're technically right, the G2 ponies never did have a show.
My 3DS Friend Code (Playing Pokemon Moon): 2938-6334-2129

Offline Winter Bones

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 13, 2014, 10:12:54 PM »
the G2 ponies never did have a show.

Now there's another peeve of mine. I love G2s, I bet if they'd had a show it would have been adorable.

Offline ponycake

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 13, 2014, 11:44:55 PM »
I get it's a reboot of the show, but yes, still g1.

Offline rybett

• Mintylicious Midwest Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 14, 2014, 03:09:40 AM »
BrightStar for the win!!!!!  Sadly the teeny boppers probably didn't get it. 
:socks:   :frog:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal