collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What are your MLP-Peeves?  (Read 6832 times)

Offline Dreamer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: What are your MLP-Peeves?
« Reply #60 on: May 14, 2014, 05:14:03 AM »
:iconclap::iconclap::iconclap: Those boppers will eventually learn. I wish I could talk like you do, BrightStar!
« Last Edit: May 14, 2014, 05:17:06 AM by Waterline »

CottonTALE

« Reply #61 on: May 14, 2014, 08:14:45 AM »
My MLP pet peeve is rehashes of the main ponies over and over again.

If they did something different with them like they are doing for the upcomming rainbow power releases, and the TRU "dark side of the rainbow" thing... I'm fine with that, but releasing just them with no other new ponies? that's just not right.

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 14, 2014, 12:54:57 PM »
- People (mostly males) who say things like "We are the real target audience now!" or "This show isn't for little girls any more!" whenever something remotely action-packed happens on the screen.  Right!  Because it is just impossible for little girls to like anything other than tea parties!!!

Oooh, this ticks me off as well. G1 was surprisingly dark at times (especially the UK comics :P) but no one goes around saying that wasn't intended for little girls -_- If that makes sense.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Whippycorn

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 14, 2014, 02:04:41 PM »
When I see the first decent pony lot on Ebay in ages, and before I have had a chance to bid on it, someone has contacted the seller and made them a sneaky (probably low-ball) offer. Right, back to trawling through the lots of fakies and the £25 Lemon Drops... :yikes:
**** ARENA SALES ****

**** EBAY SALES ****

popyduggan

« Reply #64 on: May 14, 2014, 04:48:23 PM »
When I find a freshly stocked BB pdq and it's missing 1 or 2 out of the 24 bags, it just kills any excitement of getting a whole wave in one shot.

Offline MJNSEIFER

• Scribbles Pony
  • Brony For All Ponies
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 14, 2014, 05:02:31 PM »
That there seems to be less variety in the toyline these days.

That some fans (mostly bronies, but I have seen fans of other generations do it too) don't even try out the generations they don't like, and if they do they don't respect the fact that people like them (yet they jump to the defence of whatever generation they like if someone insults that).

How some bronies (more than I'd like I'm afraid) try to justify the fact that they're watching a girl's show by making out that it's not a girl's show (though some could argue it's an everyone's show - but if it is a girl's show I don't mind that at all).  It is made more annoying by the fact that it goes against Lauren's point, and the show's point.  Also the fact that most of the things they mention in order to prove that it's not a girls show is mentioning the stuff that just has to be for boys because more action packed or whatever - when there are girls who like things like that to.

Also when they try to make out that it's not a kid's show (which it is, obviously) by pointing out various "scary" or "violent" things about the show.  Firstly, there's nothing wrong with the fact they're watching a kid's show, second most of the stuff they mention is neither too scary nor two violent for kids, as other kid's shows will show.

Basically I wish they would just accept that they like a show aimed at children, and possibly a show aimed at girls rather than trying to turn it into something it's not (I don't mind them saying/believing that MLP is aimed for both genders - as that might be true, and even if it's not it's not like boys can't watch it, but these particular bronies seem to think that it's not for girls at all).

The fact that (and I may be exagerating here) FIM seems to be the one that gets most of the "they've changed it" or "they got it wrong" targetting from past generation fans,  and not just seeing it as "a different pony with the same name".  Like saying that FIM "Turned Lickety-Split into a boy".  Another thing I find annoying about this is that other generations did this as well (there is a male Firefly in G2 for example).  Basic point, FIM wasn't the first to reuse character names for different ponies, and yet it is normally the only one that gets treated like it "changed a pony" rather than had a different pony with the same name. (Please don't think I am accusing anyone here of this)

That some bronies only seem to respect Lauren when it benefits them (like when they're trying to make a point, and it usually involves them taking something she said at face value), and most of the time act like she did next to nothing in making the show or left earlier than she did (this ranges from saying she left before season two, to saying she left after episode two) either way, she is not really respected, or at least not as much as she should be in her fandom.  They have even started acting like things that have always been apparrent in Lauren's era of the show (Rainbow Dash and Scootaloo having a bond, Diamond Tiara being a bully) have only just happened, again ignoring her involvement in the show. (Note: This one really saddens me because I have a lot of respect for Lauren, but please do not think that I do not respect the other people involved in FIM, as well as the people involved in MLP before Lauren did anything with it - Bonnie is the most important person to MLP for me).

The fact that some fans don't understand that canon and fanon are seperate entities.

That people still seem to think that a cutie mark (in FIM) is something age related, like it's supposed to happen at a certain age, and there should never be an adult pony who doesn't have one yet.  The show clearly states it's when the pony realizes his or her special talent, which can happen at any age.

That some people (who do know when the cutie mark appears in FIM) act like it means that you are only good at one thing.  It in no way means that, it just means that, that thing is the thing you are best at, but you are good at other things too

The fact that people think that G4 Rarity's cutie mark talent is finding gems, when it is actually fashion design.  If it was finding gems, she would have gotten it when she realized that she could find them.

That's all I can think of for now - I realize that there were a lot of brony things, but I'm not doing an "us vs them" thing - I am a brony, but I feel bad about the flaws of my fandom. 

« Last Edit: May 14, 2014, 05:09:48 PM by MJNSEIFER »
I will confess to being a brony, but I assure you that the things you may not like about them do not apply to me, I mostly keep the fandom name due to nostaligia, but I do genuinely love MLP as a whole, not just FIM, and not just the popularity of FIM - I genuinely love the show (and all the others)

Offline Honeycomb

• Looking for BB brushes and bandannas!
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+137)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Wanted: MIB FT Baby Tic Tac Toe
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 15, 2014, 12:14:45 AM »
I hate it when people describe ponies as 'minty'. Heck, Minty IS a pony, not a description!

Megan and the Show Stable. A human just doesn't belong into the pony world, and why would Lemon Drop tolerate being saddled and ridden?? That even bothered me as a child!

Offline Baby Sugarberry

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 15, 2014, 12:36:19 AM »
Using "Cutie Mark" to describe G1 / G2's. 
In my head I always think symbols = both sides, cutie mark = one side (mark? singular?).  Even though in the shows they have them on both.  Terminology is weird sometimes.   

For good measure toss in Hasbro being dirt cheap  and only putting markings on one side of their ponies from G3 onwards. *fist shake*
G1 Wishlist  It's the final countdown! Looking to purchase the last few G1's for my collection - Watercolor Baby Sea Ponies Foamy, Misty & Surfy - Red Roses - SHS Sweet Sundrop - Springy - Teeny Tiny Snookums (#2)

Offline TornadoTwist

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Author of MLP Merch
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 15, 2014, 01:38:18 AM »
The many Dr Who references MLP G4 seems to get. Leave those 2 fandoms seperated please! It's so annoying for people who don't like Dr. Who

Offline Katika

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 15, 2014, 08:23:09 AM »
I get super upset when people don't list prices for their ponies and ask for offers instead (honestly, it's a big reason I haven't sold my duplicates... I'll pay what I consider a pony is worth to add it to my own collection, but I really don't know what true values are and don't want to rip people off, so want to go with the OBO option).  Nobody wants to overpay for ponies, but I, personally, don't want to insult someone by offering ridiculously less than what they had in mind.  As a buyer, the whole "name your price" aspect makes me feel pretty uncomfortable, and I've never bought a pony - no matter how badly I want it - that hasn't had a price listed.

Offline CupidStrikes

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Angry little slice of pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 15, 2014, 08:49:10 AM »
I get super upset when people don't list prices for their ponies and ask for offers instead (honestly, it's a big reason I haven't sold my duplicates... I'll pay what I consider a pony is worth to add it to my own collection, but I really don't know what true values are and don't want to rip people off, so want to go with the OBO option).  Nobody wants to overpay for ponies, but I, personally, don't want to insult someone by offering ridiculously less than what they had in mind.  As a buyer, the whole "name your price" aspect makes me feel pretty uncomfortable, and I've never bought a pony - no matter how badly I want it - that hasn't had a price listed.

Ooooh this annoys me to no ends, too :( This happens a lot at carboot sales, too!

Then there are sellers that say "Make an offer" then reject every offer you make, even if it's reasonable (like offering 10% below their listed price when buying multiple ponies). Don't say to make an offer if you don't want to take less than the listed price.
Idly searching for: loose, good condition G4 Blossomforth, Starbeam Twinkle, Plumsweet. TTM Celestia doll's wings Within UK or EU only, please.
Will also take in Pretty Pony Club (UK magazine) fakies.

Gloomygirl777

« Reply #71 on: May 15, 2014, 09:01:05 AM »
This is more kind of a random experience but went to Hot Topic to get Trixie and Twilight vinyls and they had them on this ridiculous high shelf so that you couldn't even see them or pick out a certain one you wanted. Which drives me insane because I am very picky and want to look at every single paint job. Then when I asked the clerk to get some down for me...instead of getting the ladder she just took a big stick and whacked them off the shelf sending them crashing to the floor then picked it up and handed it to me like here you go!! I was like NOOOO!! Stop!!! :shocked:

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 15, 2014, 09:02:37 AM »
When someone begs me to sell a pony, I tell them it's not for sale, they beg some more, I finally give them a price- and they try to low-ball me.  >_<

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 15, 2014, 04:09:52 PM »
My pony pet peeve is people who list one decent pony with a bunch of McDonalds and other undesirable, 'everyone-has-50-of-them-already' type ponies, like Pinkie Pie! I really can't justify buying a single pony for the cost of 4 or 5.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

PrincessGlitterBloom

« Reply #74 on: May 15, 2014, 05:19:03 PM »
This is more kind of a random experience but went to Hot Topic to get Trixie and Twilight vinyls and they had them on this ridiculous high shelf so that you couldn't even see them or pick out a certain one you wanted. Which drives me insane because I am very picky and want to look at every single paint job. Then when I asked the clerk to get some down for me...instead of getting the ladder she just took a big stick and whacked them off the shelf sending them crashing to the floor then picked it up and handed it to me like here you go!! I was like NOOOO!! Stop!!! :shocked:

Same here, they had this really narrow shelf corner for them, and it was combined with their Pop figurines(all not just ponies) so I could barely tell what was above them unless I stood across the store and squinted.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal