collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What are your MLP-Peeves?  (Read 6830 times)

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
Re: What are your MLP-Peeves?
« Reply #120 on: May 24, 2014, 07:01:41 PM »
I wouldn't say they are really Peeves just more of a "wtf" moment.

like others commented the term brushables...or how about being called everypony? I'm not a pony.

Sometimes I dislike pony shopping and finding a really awesome pony only to realize it's a rehair (I know I do rehairs as well) and not only that the hair is sooo long I could cut half that off and rehair another pony.  It makes me always try to imagine my horse walking around with his mane and tail dragging the ground five feet behind him. :lol:
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Gloomygirl777

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #121 on: May 24, 2014, 08:42:51 PM »
Bronies calling MLP Tales G2,
Bronies being disrespectful about G1s("Oh the horror!") 
Ebay sellers with Minty in the listing when Minty is not involved at all.
People calling me a Brony. I am a MLP Dad not some term coined by some guy that decided the new gen was for them.
The CMCs.
Sun fading a pony.

I don't like the CMCs either.....I thought I was alone......... :lol:
« Last Edit: May 24, 2014, 08:44:33 PM by Gloomygirl777 »

Offline SeashellnBubbles

• Trade Count: (+170)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Tears are the last refuge of the damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: May 25, 2014, 12:42:38 AM »
Mine would have to be the incredibly slow turnover of ponies in Canada. The same old same old for MONTHS while the shelves around it are getting new LPS and Barbie all the time!
The eyes on Celestia looking back so if looked at face on she seems to have some kind of neurological disorder.
How they still slap pink wings on Celestia instead of white!!
The weirdly dry tails on some of the playful ponies...what's up with that?
Glued hairstyles like Shadowdash
The lack of real, interactive playsets like we had in the 80's. Even the simple Pretty Parlour was super fun! Now it's a 1 dimensional castle that falls apart as soon as it's touched! And what's with the stupid piano? Sheesh!

Prayers for Schmutz, my dog...still fighting for life after being diagnosed with CHF exactly 5 years to the day that i rescued him!!
« Last Edit: May 25, 2014, 12:44:15 AM by SeashellnBubbles »

Offline MoondancerMilkyWay

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • you've got to pony while the pony is pony!
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: May 25, 2014, 09:05:32 PM »
This is more kind of a random experience but went to Hot Topic to get Trixie and Twilight vinyls and they had them on this ridiculous high shelf so that you couldn't even see them or pick out a certain one you wanted. Which drives me insane because I am very picky and want to look at every single paint job. Then when I asked the clerk to get some down for me...instead of getting the ladder she just took a big stick and whacked them off the shelf sending them crashing to the floor then picked it up and handed it to me like here you go!! I was like NOOOO!! Stop!!! :shocked:

OMG! This is beyond weird! Why would someone DO that?? Nice customer service, guys. Nice.

Post Merge: May 19, 2014, 05:44:31 AM

This whole 'my ponies come from a smoke-free, animal-free home'.  :huh:

I can't explain why clearly.

I can get that. I have animals in my home but it doesn't mean that I rub my ponies all over them

:lol: :lol: I have a lively imagination.

Hehe, now I'm having silly visions of people rubbing ponies on their cats. My cats would put up with that for about .2 seconds.

For me, I agree that it's just awful when people list common ponies for ridiculous prices. It is usually out of ignorance, but it is frustrating, and I wonder if those ponies will ever get loving homes when the owner is convinced that they can get $40 for a fair condition Peachy.

LOL sometimes kitties just love ponies, k?! One of mine has to inspect just about everything that comes into our house, she's so old and senile I just let her, poor dear. Often she's up on the bed with my parcels, sniffing, smooge-ing and sometimes cleaning ponies well before I get a chance to, lol! Please note however that all ponies that go in or out of my collection are cleaned before they do so - so no Macbeth drool on ponies, don't stress guys and girls!

Aw, that's actually really sweet. :) Thankfully my cats leave my ponies alone generally, even ones level with them on the bottom of a shelf. What does get my goat is when ponies are innocent casualties to their exploring. Usually if the cats get it in their head to try to jump up on our entertainment center and the pony shelf nearby, even though there's no room for them, I'll come home to find a bunch of ponies on the floor. >.<

My cat, Hoku, gets absurdly affectionate when I go into my pony room. He follows me in there then rubs his cheeks on me and anything else he can get to. He must think this is a specially designated Sarah/Hoku bonding zone. Okay, Hoku! Whatever! Just stay away from my porcelains!

this made me laugh so hard! At first I was thinking "oh hey! my sister has a cat named Hoku! what a coincidence that someone else has a cat with the same name...wait a minute! it's the same person!
Hi sister!

My cat, Bast, also is overly affectionate but isn't allowed near the collectibles. I have had far too many loses to chance her getting too close to them and then deciding they might taste good...most Peeves to follow once I finish reading!
~I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more ponies! I gotta have more ponies!~
"I'm not going to buy every Malibu Stacy with a hat"  - ponyqueen

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal