collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What are your MLP-Peeves?  (Read 6815 times)

Offline MoonStars

• Trade Count: (+106)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Re: What are your MLP-Peeves?
« Reply #75 on: May 15, 2014, 08:43:25 PM »
Large lots  listed as "MLP" that are full of fakies and one real MLP in it. Or lots touting the wonderful selection of ponies within, but almost all are McDs and fakies, and only one or two actual MLP--and probably ponyvilles.  :P

Reserve prices. Why? I have never understood what the value/advantage is in setting a reserve price (not just for ponies--for anything on auction sites). Just start the bidding at a selling price that could be lived with if no bidding wars erupt, or do a BIN for a higher, hoped-for price with an "OBO" option. Seller is still in control of the low price (aka reserve) with either of those options and they waste no one's (including their own) time on an auction that might not hit that reserve price.

The lack of diverse poses of the G4s. :( (and the lack of diversity in general of  brushable G4s--the whole Mane Six thing... like the whole Core 7 thing of G3s, who at least had a really good run of gorgeous characters and poses before the Core 7 thing runined it)

"brushable" (at your own risk) Shining Armor's awful, no good, terrible troll hair and the extremely weird way it is attached to him. I don't so much mind the way it looks, as the way it behaves. :-/

Lastly (this was supposed to only address that first thing listed... uhm, well, it grew... LOL)--much as I love the G4s, they really do look more like mice or deer than ponies. :(

Gloomygirl777

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #76 on: May 16, 2014, 06:23:02 PM »

"brushable" (at your own risk) Shining Armor's awful, no good, terrible troll hair and the extremely weird way it is attached to him. I don't so much mind the way it looks, as the way it behaves. :-/

:lol: :lol: I also wonder about why poor Shining Armor was given strange Treasure Troll hair while no other pony has been cursed with it. The world may never know.........

Offline MJNSEIFER

• Scribbles Pony
  • Brony For All Ponies
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 17, 2014, 11:57:25 AM »
I don't know if this counts, but the fact that both the fandom* (brony and non-brony) and the current writers don't seem to "get" G4 Pinkie Pie's character is kind of a peeve for me.

She is often viewed by the fandom as being either a complete idiot or insane in the sense that she is in her own world.  When the show (in season 1 and 2) clearly states that she is actually pretty intelegent and knowledgable - she just likes to have fun, and make sure everypony else does.  She's not mental or anything, she's a free spirit - that is how she was originally written, and I am surprised that people don't see that when they watch the show.

They changed how they wrote her in season 3 and 4, they've gone against Lauren's view and just assumed what the fandom have said and assume it to be right.  I think

It's strange how the fandom view her (and I'm not even talking about a certain fanfiction that I think I'm not allowed to mention by name) as somepony who's in a world of her own, and is out of touch with the real world - some even say that her cutie mark storyline was fabricated, rock farm and all, when there is no reason to believe that it was (and is more likely to be true if you analyze her character).

Am I honestly the only one who understands what the rock farm was most likely for?

Yeah, I know I analyze things I like - been that way since I was a kid. :)

*I obviously don't mean the whole fandom (both brony and non-brony) just the ones I've seen.
I will confess to being a brony, but I assure you that the things you may not like about them do not apply to me, I mostly keep the fandom name due to nostaligia, but I do genuinely love MLP as a whole, not just FIM, and not just the popularity of FIM - I genuinely love the show (and all the others)

Offline CupidStrikes

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Angry little slice of pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 17, 2014, 12:53:28 PM »
I agree about Pinkie - her being a lot more perceptive and intelligent than she let on was always a lovely thing to see and gave her character real depth. Now they seem to just plug the "Lol so hyper so random" thing, even though it has upset her friends (which old Pinkie would never have done.)), and then she never has to really apologise or acknowledge that her actions were hurtful. It's a really confusing and poor move to make a character suddenly completely one-dimensional and, personally, I hate the "Lol so random so hyper lolololol" thing with a burning passion. It's really made her my least favourite of the mane six =/
Idly searching for: loose, good condition G4 Blossomforth, Starbeam Twinkle, Plumsweet. TTM Celestia doll's wings Within UK or EU only, please.
Will also take in Pretty Pony Club (UK magazine) fakies.

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #79 on: May 17, 2014, 01:04:36 PM »
I agree--G4 Pinkie Pie has completely lost the depth she had in the first season.  (And maybe the second season?  I don't remember.)  You can really see it if you look at "Griffon the Brush Off" versus "Filli Vanilli."

"Griffon the Brush Off" - Rainbow Dash wants to play a harmless prank on Fluttershy (squirt her with a fake fish toy) and Pinkie Pie immediately says, "No, no, no!  Even the simplest prank will hurt her feelings, she's so sensitive!"

"Filli Vanilli" - Pinkie Pie repeatedly puts Fluttershy at the edge of a panic attack by listing the worst possible things that could happen to her while she's out on the stage.  And then Pinkie does the "What'd I SAY?" thing.

What a waste of a good character.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Rainfeather

« Reply #80 on: May 17, 2014, 01:45:31 PM »
This whole 'my ponies come from a smoke-free, animal-free home'.  :huh:

I can't explain why clearly.

Offline spottedslug

• Trade Count: (+106)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 17, 2014, 01:56:42 PM »
If I state something while selling, for example "sold only as a lot" and someone totally disregards what I wrote. For example, "I'd like to buy just pony x from that lot!" Or when you say prices are firm and still get a lowball offer. Just bad manners I guess. :(
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Stars

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
  • 'You're special to me!' ~ Sweet Berry
    • View Profile
    • The Cave of the Past - My Blog
« Reply #82 on: May 17, 2014, 02:10:47 PM »

I can get that. I have animals in my home but it doesn't mean that I rub my ponies all over them

Thank you to Nence for my lovely Rosie Teapony and Shiverdam for my Rosie Seapony <3
3DS Friend Code: 1805 - 2156 - 2596 | Mii: Ellie | AC: Nellie - Town: Phenac | Pokemon Y: Eleanor

Rainfeather

« Reply #83 on: May 17, 2014, 02:25:45 PM »

I can get that. I have animals in my home but it doesn't mean that I rub my ponies all over them

:lol: :lol: I have a lively imagination.

Offline reanna-mator

• Trade Count: (+87)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Feminist novelist pony
    • View Profile
    • http://reannaking.deviantart.com
« Reply #84 on: May 17, 2014, 04:30:16 PM »

Hehe, now I'm having silly visions of people rubbing ponies on their cats. My cats would put up with that for about .2 seconds.

For me, I agree that it's just awful when people list common ponies for ridiculous prices. It is usually out of ignorance, but it is frustrating, and I wonder if those ponies will ever get loving homes when the owner is convinced that they can get $40 for a fair condition Peachy.
Breast cancer warrior.  :enraged: I'm now cancer free!

My Wishlist! Help me finish US G1! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,386264.0.html

CottonTALE

« Reply #85 on: May 17, 2014, 04:50:48 PM »
A pet peeve of mine as an mlp seller is when I have a lot up for sale, and someone is interested in the lot... So they message me getting quotes for shipping and we have flattened out all the details, only for them to drop off the face of the earth and not contact me again about the ponies they were interested in.

It's not even ebay either!

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 17, 2014, 05:46:44 PM »
- the term "show accurate", especially when it comes to certain characters. I know for the longest time, when it came to Applejack toy/figure merchandise, some fans would say "OMG why doesn't she have her hat?!" or " No hat, no purchase!!". And of course the whole "molded hair vs brushable hair" situations. I understand wanting characters to look like how they do in the show (pink Celestia, anyone?), but still.

- people attacking others for having an Alicorn OC, because of the belief that the only alicorns allowed are "Celestia/Luna/Cadance/Twilight/ Lauren Faust (if you want to count hers)".

- lack of new/different G4 brushable characters, and Hasbro releasing the same "mane 6+ princess" characters over and over again.

- the attention that DJ/Muffin/Dr.Whooves get, merchandise wise, compared to some other characters (poor Applejack and Rarity)

- how some fans would worships the staff/VAs of the show like they're gods/goddesses (hard for me to put into words)

- opened blind bags/boxes in the store. Part of me wishes that the blind bags weren't really "blind" (visually, like you can see through the package; I know not everyone knows about the "codes" on the bags) so that people will just stop opening them and taking the pony. Even worse is when you see an opened bag, it has the pony you wanted, but you are scared to try and buy it.

- region exclusive merchandise.

- People (mostly males) who say things like "We are the real target audience now!" or "This show isn't for little girls any more!" whenever something remotely action-packed happens on the screen.  Right!  Because it is just impossible for little girls to like anything other than tea parties!!!

Oh I was so upset when the Canterlot Wedding episode first aired, on the Hub's facebook page, there was parents just mentioning how their young kids got scared during the Changeling fight scenes. Some adult fans actually attacked the parents, saying how "Your child shouldn't be watching the show anyway" and " MLP is OUR show now, not your child's show", among other things. I just don't get why some older fans feel or act this way. :(
Thank you so much for the adoptable, Corona! :D

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 17, 2014, 06:37:24 PM »

Hehe, now I'm having silly visions of people rubbing ponies on their cats. My cats would put up with that for about .2 seconds.

For me, I agree that it's just awful when people list common ponies for ridiculous prices. It is usually out of ignorance, but it is frustrating, and I wonder if those ponies will ever get loving homes when the owner is convinced that they can get $40 for a fair condition Peachy.

LOL sometimes kitties just love ponies, k?! One of mine has to inspect just about everything that comes into our house, she's so old and senile I just let her, poor dear. Often she's up on the bed with my parcels, sniffing, smooge-ing and sometimes cleaning ponies well before I get a chance to, lol! Please note however that all ponies that go in or out of my collection are cleaned before they do so - so no Macbeth drool on ponies, don't stress guys and girls!

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 18, 2014, 12:28:30 PM »
When Hasbro does a special release that is painted all over but still only puts the symbol on one side.  And then they released that special Sunset Shimmer were her special extra paint job is facing the back of the package! 

I wish all of the princesses had either gradient wings or at least wings that match their body color.  I do not like the wings that don't match their bodies at all. (Except for Queen Chrysalis, I actually like how her wings came out.)

The lack of boy brushable ponies.  And related to that, the way the show tends to color (almost) all male characters various shades of blah brown.

I would lament the lack of new brushable characters in general except it sure is saving me money.

Offline reanna-mator

• Trade Count: (+87)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Feminist novelist pony
    • View Profile
    • http://reannaking.deviantart.com
« Reply #89 on: May 18, 2014, 12:39:55 PM »

LOL sometimes kitties just love ponies, k?! One of mine has to inspect just about everything that comes into our house, she's so old and senile I just let her, poor dear. Often she's up on the bed with my parcels, sniffing, smooge-ing and sometimes cleaning ponies well before I get a chance to, lol! Please note however that all ponies that go in or out of my collection are cleaned before they do so - so no Macbeth drool on ponies, don't stress guys and girls!

Aw, that's actually really sweet. :) Thankfully my cats leave my ponies alone generally, even ones level with them on the bottom of a shelf. What does get my goat is when ponies are innocent casualties to their exploring. Usually if the cats get it in their head to try to jump up on our entertainment center and the pony shelf nearby, even though there's no room for them, I'll come home to find a bunch of ponies on the floor. >.<
Breast cancer warrior.  :enraged: I'm now cancer free!

My Wishlist! Help me finish US G1! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,386264.0.html

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal