collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: How did you play with your ponies?  (Read 653 times)

Offline Sandi

• Trade Count: (+65)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
How did you play with your ponies?
« on: May 07, 2014, 05:58:02 AM »
According to the TV commercials it's all about making them look pretty, brushing their hair, taking care of them and such things. I was kind of a tomboy when I was little and didn't care for that kind of things at all. My ponies went on adventures and fighting bad guys. :p

Maybe that's why my childhood ponies (and dolls) are in such good condition. I didn't pretend to be a hair stylist and cut their hair, I didn't care about putting "make-up" on them by drawing on them etc. They were a little dirty because I sometimes played with them outside, but it was just surface dirt and really easy to clean.

How did you play with your ponies?
G1, G2 and G3 collector. I also collect a bunch of other stuff. (Too much..)
My collection website
My toy Instagram
My cat/nature Instagram
My Tumblr

DemureGirl

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: How did you play with your ponies?
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2014, 06:09:58 AM »
Mine was about the same! I had one favourite pony who in my mind was male (Gypsy though I called her/him Max) and he usually fought off bad guys to same Queen Majesty and the princess (who I can't remember the identity of. May have been a Confetti or Gusty)

Offline Roseprincess1

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2014, 06:18:32 AM »
totally the same.. grams had a great old house and was perfect for that kinda thing.. specially the awesome stair case.
when my cousin showed up with his Transformers they were the guys and the ponies were the girls and thats just how it was..
kiddy logic
optimus prime and Majesty  were an item.

DemureGirl

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2014, 06:24:57 AM »
optimus prime and Majesty  were an item.

That is awesome XD

Offline Dreamer

• Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2014, 06:33:20 AM »
All my toys went on epic adventures gaining elemental powers and defeating an evil giant Minnie plushie or stayed quietly on their town, working.

Offline brighteyes

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • ~Insert Coin, Get Pony~
    • View Profile
    • Brighteye's Notebook
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2014, 09:26:39 AM »
Me too!  My sister and I would usually play with them outside and have them go on adventures which usually started when some pony was kidnapped and the others had to rescue him/her.  We also made them clothes from flowers, leaves, lace and scraps of fabric.  Good times!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Many thanks to LordBlumiere for my wonderful avatar  :lovey: Blog  Adoptable Refs

Offline Khema

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2014, 10:09:48 AM »
I was a mix of brushing their hair and having adventures. My ponies were neighbors to the Glo-Worms and would often visit my brothers lego town.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2014, 11:41:02 AM »
There was a lot of saga like adventures - basically always travelling to a destination we never reached and encountering all manner of obstacles along the way. However the rest of the time I was a proper my little pony mummy and the ponies were brushed and styled to within an inch of their life - being done up for all manner of shows and pageants.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

AnnetheCatDetective

« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2014, 11:35:08 PM »
They interacted with a lot of toys in the general size range... and a few that weren't. And mostly it was long journey-type adventures through the house. Or whatever wilderness I imagined the house was.

They'd give rides to a lot of little animal toys.

I can't remember the specific overarching quest that they were on, but I do know it was never just ponies when I was playing alone with my toys at home-- it was playing ponies as per the commercials at other houses, with friends or cousins, making the ponies pretty and setting them up, and not much of a story.

I also remember playing not with but as ponies with my sister, at our grandparents' house-- it was on one of the rare occasions that we actually watched the cartoon, and I think we were probably recreating that with a few changes, just taking on various roles. I remember she wanted to be Megan and I thought not wanting to be a pony was weird.

(When my brother played, I think it was usually pony vs. Godzilla)

Offline icecreamgirl

• Trade Count: (+140)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2014, 12:49:33 AM »
My ponies had a lot of grooming and prettying up  :) I would hook them up to carriages, using strings of beads!, to make them look they were taking part in a pageant! They also used to spend a lot of time playing in the garden in and out of the flower beds.

I think I have some photos somewhere of them, maybe if I can find them I'll share them  :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Thanks to lunar_scythe & kittywhiskers for my adoptables

PrincessGlitterBloom

« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2014, 12:52:02 AM »
I didn't play with ponies, and I'm starting to wonder if I'm the only one in the pony forums who didn't, haha...

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2014, 02:14:14 AM »
I didn't play with ponies, and I'm starting to wonder if I'm the only one in the pony forums who didn't, haha...

You're not alone! I didn't have a single MLP as a kid (not counting McD's ponies, which I didn't actually play with), but I had lots of Breyers/Breyer knockoffs/Barbie horses that I played generic horse games with. I had this beautiful handmade wooden stable.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Hope1989

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
    • Hope's My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2014, 03:11:03 AM »
Oh my... Mine were always some kind of rock stars! :D Or famous singers, or just some mystique ponies with supernatural powers! :D
WTB! Sdcc 2013 Exclusives My Little Pony DJ Pon-3
Have 2 Crystal Empire Promo Packs NIP for sale! Interested in? Write me ^^
My collection: old thread 1 , old thread 2 NEW ONE:happy:
FB page
Wishlist

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2014, 03:25:50 AM »
I always played with my MLPs in the bathtub. But only a select few, others had to stay "mint". I liked to watch how their hair swayed underwater. I didn't have seaponies so all ponies had to be amphibious.

I also mostly just put my ponies into sceneries and thought about a story. I never really made them move and talk. Sometimes I'd just make a pony diorama and look at it for about an hour. I also never did their hair, I hated ruining the factory curls. Maybe I was a weird kid, I dunno ;)

Rainfeather

« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2014, 03:58:57 AM »
I didn't play with mine. I only had two boohoo. I did play with them at my aunt's house, who had 100's.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal