collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: How did you play with your ponies?  (Read 683 times)

Offline Dreamer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: How did you play with your ponies?
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2014, 05:52:51 AM »
I didn't play with ponies, and I'm starting to wonder if I'm the only one in the pony forums who didn't, haha...

I didn't have ponies in my childhood too. I feel a little bad when they are only for display/customizing purpouses, so sometimes I grab them and reenact a story I want to write with them XD *woman-child mode ON*

Offline Katika

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2014, 06:08:34 AM »
Mine went on adventures until the day that SS Wind Whistler went on an adventure into the sand box, and then my mom took them away for a while (she must have known I was destined to be a collector, because she insisted that SS ponies should NOT get dirty, lol!).  I also had this hat-box type box that is where I kept most of my ponies and the most obvious thing to do with it was to use it as a stage and have my ponies be rock stars (true story: I had Tuneful when I was growing up, but for some reason, the band was ALWAYS led by Boysenberry Pie.  Always.).  My ponies interacted a lot with my brother's Transformers and He-Man figures, too.  In all honesty, I don't have one memory of brushing their hair, and the closest I ever got to dressing them up was to make little yarn bridles for them :P

Offline partypony566

• Trade Count: (+197)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Just because
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2014, 06:28:40 AM »
It was always the same game: they all queued up to have their hair done at the grooming parlour :)
Thanks to SDS for my siggy and avi :heart:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

please check out my Etsy shop Dollyhousevintage :heart:

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2014, 07:49:17 AM »
For some reason I really cant remember how I played with my ponies. I did have the ice cream shop and do remember my ponies coming there for ice cream.  My mom said that I would brush there hair till it was all stick out and fuzzy. The sad thing is that I did take a scissors to my first ones when I was little. Not sure why I did that till this day?

Offline ponyqueen

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • "My, Earth really is full of things." -King of All
    • View Profile
    • Etsy
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2014, 08:34:24 AM »
I remember reenacting a Dick Tracy movie with my ponies (I was like 8, so I'm not sure how much of the movie I actually saw.) So Soft Ribbons was Dick Tracy, and Baby Sweet Stuff was Kid. Today I don't remember anything about the movie, only the pony part.

:heart: Did I forget to leave feedback? Please pm me! :heart:

Offline zombienixon

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Pink Pony Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2014, 01:49:21 PM »
I didn't play with ponies, and I'm starting to wonder if I'm the only one in the pony forums who didn't, haha...

I didn't have ponies in my childhood too. I feel a little bad when they are only for display/customizing purpouses, so sometimes I grab them and reenact a story I want to write with them XD *woman-child mode ON*

I didn't have any ponies growing up either.  When I was little I mostly played with cars, and I had this really cool train set that I used to make the two trains crash into each other. It's a bit strange in retrospect that I never played with any kind of girl's toy as a kid, and now I collect them. But what can I say, I just love cute things.  :lol:

Offline Loona

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2014, 02:18:43 PM »
I'm also one of those who played "epic adventure-type" :P I used to play with my sister, our ponies lived in their little village, but some selected crew was usually sent out for quests and adventures, usually to find something.
I remember the best plays we had were around Christmastime. we always had a big (up to the ceiling) Christmas tree in one of the corners of our biggest room, and we crawled under the tree to the corner, where the adventures took place. I loved to be there, the tree had a lovely scent, and provided a great (somewhat gloomy, as not much light found its way there) scene for playing adventures. in these times the quest usually involved a long journey "climbing a tree as tall as the sky", and going up to the sky to find out or get something there. it was also a nice place to play because we didn't have to pack the ponies away for the night: it didn't bother anyone if they were left lying around in a mess back in the corner behind the tree :P
as we lived in a flat on the 9th floor we never played with our ponies outside. maybe this in one main reason why they are all in nice condition (apart from the hair of my oldest childhood fakies. they must have had worse quality hair than real MLPs, so they got very frizzy and some even had to be cut shorter).
« Last Edit: May 08, 2014, 02:22:46 PM by Loona »

My lovely awareness adoptable was created by HollowZero.

Offline kiwimlp

• Intros and Brags Mod
  • *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • I am Negan
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2014, 03:18:21 PM »
My ponies used to carry my brother's SW figures into battle!

Offline SunPony

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2014, 03:48:55 PM »
I used to take a pony or two almost wherever I went, if I could get away with it!  I don't remember really well how I specifically played with them, though.  Which is weird because I know I played with them a lot...alone and with my best friend and cousins.  Hmm...I guess it was not too exciting  :P
Thanks to Shimmlight for the new avatar image  :biggrin:

PrincessGlitterBloom

« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2014, 10:15:06 PM »

Yeah I may or may not talk to them while styling their mane....
But I feel bad that they didn't go home to a little girl, but hey atleast their hair is better kept than how a kid would! haha  :lol:
Posing is like adult acceptable play, since they are display, but getting their pose or sticking another toy on top to ride them just right is practically an artform.

AnnetheCatDetective

« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2014, 11:52:19 PM »
I used to take a pony or two almost wherever I went, if I could get away with it!  I don't remember really well how I specifically played with them, though.  Which is weird because I know I played with them a lot...alone and with my best friend and cousins.  Hmm...I guess it was not too exciting  :P

Me too! I remember getting into a debate with my mother when I was four or so because she would let me take one pony with me to church to keep me quiet, but didn't understand that if I only took one, then she would be lonely because she wouldn't have her friends to play with. (I tried to smuggle more ponies out to the car in my sweater... I did feel guilty when she caught me at it, but I feel my explanation was good for why one pony wasn't working out for me.)

Offline Aitsuki

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2014, 12:32:16 AM »
Mmm, I was hard on toys as a kid. I was a real rough-and-tumble tomboy, playing in the dirt, making tub tsunamis, and the couple ponies I had were no exception. I had two little ballerina baby ponies, and those were tub toys. They did a lot of diving, swimming, and hair flipping to spray water around. They were with me and my siblings for a while.... until my mom couldn't take it anymore. XD They were FULL of rust, their joints were stained with it, and you'd think they were haired with straw. It was a nightmare! But I had fun. The fakies I had went all over the place on epic quests and adventures. One I had was this yellow alicorn with teal wings and a pink light up horn. She had a molded on bridle and saddle, and actually was very pretty. Her wings moved and she made noise when you squeezed her sides, and she was Queen of the Horses. I would fly her all over the place, having her gallop on the walls, over furniture, and up people's bodies as she journeyed..... somewhere. Her mission kept changing. XD Mostly so I could continue to make her neigh and flap her wings. I don't remember what happened to that one...
My 3DS Friend Code (Playing Pokemon Moon): 2938-6334-2129

Offline Kamisha

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Colorswirl Pony
  • No rainbow today.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 09, 2014, 01:36:04 AM »
How did you play with your ponies?

I loooved to play with water. So, my Painting Time [but I named her Lickety Split! I didn't know that every pony has it's own name ;)] was swimming, floundering and splashing all the time :D But I cared of her very much, she wasn't scribbled or fragmented - no way! I hated kids who didn't care about their toys. They were like a family to me. Every single one, even the littlest animal toy had it's own name and history :3 Aww, I want to come back to my childhood... Even if I had only one original My Little Pony - the rest of my army were random horses or ponies [I loved the flocked realistic-like ones :)].

My Ebay | Like my plushies on Facebook!

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 09, 2014, 10:58:34 PM »

I didn't have any ponies growing up either.  When I was little I mostly played with cars, and I had this really cool train set that I used to make the two trains crash into each other. It's a bit strange in retrospect that I never played with any kind of girl's toy as a kid, and now I collect them. But what can I say, I just love cute things.  :lol:

I didn't really have ponies as a kid, either, so I didn't play with them.  I did have Wind Whistler briefly and I do remember carrying her around a lot before I lost her.  I couldn't figure out what to do with Raincurl a couple of years later so she just sort of stood around with my Barbies.

My sister had Glory but she seemed to be a display item.
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

Offline Esbayne

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • I can die happy when there's a G1 scented perfume.
    • View Profile
    • ArtStation
« Reply #29 on: May 10, 2014, 12:21:27 AM »
This will be a long post. xD My ponies were like the staple of my childhood I guess, kind of my favorite toys.

My friends and I, I moved a lot but always managed to find pony friends, would take them outside to school or the park or the backyard and have them go on adventures and quests. So they got pretty dirty but it was easy to wash. Or they'd just go on adventures around the room or chill in the castle, ya' know, the life of ponies living with a boy. I grew up in the G3 era.
Had a lot of fakies too and I tried to make them feel loved but secretly I never liked them as much. xD

When I got a little older and lived in a house with room for it, I set up my ponies on a huge bookshelf and called it the castle, and crowned a queen and kept a few stuffed horses for boys. And then my aunt gave me all her G1's and my herd grew to over 100.
My room was kind of set up in lands... My bed was in the middle and was the mountain that divided them. The right side was Ponyland, and the left side was the Dragon Kingdom. Legos, stuffed animals, hotwheels, and other stuff also lived on either side but the dragons and ponies pretty much owned the lands. I've also always been a collector of model and toy dragons, so they lived on and under a dresser, the dark and good sides and were at war with eachother. That is a longer story which I won't explain, but was an ongoing game through my whole childhood and actually inspired a lot of lore and novels I'm writing.
Anyway. The little narrow strip of carpet at the end of my bed connecting the two lands was a great river you had to sail you get to either side. But the dragons would often swoop down and light the pony villiages I'd so carefully set up on fire and destroy them. So then the ponies would form armies and charge into the dragon kingdom to fight the dark side, but it was too much for them so they had to call upon their good dragon allies to help, and then they'd go home and repair the cities.
The pony/dragon war was ongoing too.

I also had the G1 nursery so I played school a lot with the baby ponies. With babies I couldn't help but thinking of adults as adults so they did things that everyday adult ponies did, like hang out around the villiages, eat cake, go to war with dragons, and the like. And the babies mostly played in the school yard and did a lot of adventuring. Actually my favorite baby was Honolulu, and since she was a pegasus she could pretty much go anywhere so she was the leader of the adventuring baby ponies I guess. Her hair's pretty mangy actually from being in pockets and trees and rolling outside and going pretty much everywhere. Dunno how to fix it.

I never took my ponies in water for fear of mold until a friend showed me the G3's were pretty good when it came to water so that opened up whole new worlds of stuff for me to do, then. xD

Actually I remember ponies having wrestling tournaments aswell, beating eachother up.

OH. You know the movie Avatar, and the toys McDonalds had to promote it? I got one of those alien horses, so of course he had to join my herd. He came down and assumed the form of a regular pony but was found out by Honolulu so then was on the run but would still abduct ponies and wipe their memories and stuff like that.

And a lot of other games. xD

Fun times. Sometimes I still wish i could play with all my toys, I collect a little bit of everything so I have a lot. xD I'd feel pretty foolish though.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2014, 12:31:08 AM by Kingsly »

LONG LIVE HEARTSPRINKLE
 https://mh-merch.com/checklist/122/ visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Esbayne on PonyIsland.net as well.
:art: :relaxed: visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 :frolic: :silly:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal