collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What are you going to do when you have ALL the ponies?  (Read 3906 times)

Offline shimmlight

• Saviour of all Cowkind
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Moo.
    • View Profile
Re: What are you going to do when you have ALL the ponies?
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2014, 12:15:18 PM »
Sell the whole thing as a pre-assembled complete MLP collection to a lazy billionaire for 50 million dollars, retire and start over.

Haha that's quite a good idea xD
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:rainbow: Wantlist :rainbow: eBay Listings :rainbow: Arena Sales :rainbow:

Offline Katika

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2014, 12:19:34 PM »
This is kind of a tricky question in my opinion because not everyone has the same definition of what a "complete" collection is.  For example, I don't collect Sea Ponies (nothing against them... I just haven't come up with a way that satisfies me to display them, and so they frustrate me too much, lol), so my complete G1 collection will be without Sea Ponies.  I do collect G3.5s, but not the baby ones, so to me, my G3.5s will be complete without any of the babies.   With G4s, I don't collect anyone that doesn't have hair that can be brushed or that I couldn't stick in water without ruining.  But those are all just my personal preferences.

I honestly don't anticipate ever having a COMPLETE complete collection, because I do plan to branch out to Nirvanas once I catch up with US/Euro G1s-G4s (and G5s if we ever have them?).  If I theoretically did, I do think that I'd like to have a museum of sorts.  I know it wouldn't make money, but I'd love to be able to display them for others to see so that they can bask in pony goodness as well :)  I'm not too worried about a complete collection hindering my love for ponies, though, as even now I will sometimes take months-long breaks from collecting, barely even thinking about my ponies, before going back to them with the same amount of gusto. 

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2014, 12:26:54 PM »
My want list has been completed, changed, completed, and so on Lol  I never run out of things to add ;)

This, but I also have realized that I want to collect MLP all my life, so I have PLENTY of time to get them all! 

Short answer: Swim in them Scrooge McDuck style.

This too, probably!

Sell the whole thing as a pre-assembled complete MLP collection to a lazy billionaire for 50 million dollars, retire and start over.
I have also sold a great deal of them, or donated them to a charity in massive quantities, and that actually felt really nice because I got to meet some awesome people because of it! 

Then I just rebuilt it with a new wishlist!

Yeah, as Katika pointed out, a complete collection means something entirely different to everyone!  So if you find that you have achieved your goals, it's very easy to say, "You know, I have those ponies, what about their accessories?  What about in their boxes?  OMG Nirvanas!  Oh ponies that are unicorns!  Pink unicorns!"  The possibilities are endless.

And that is why I LOVE our community because you get to see every BODY's collection, no matter what that means to them!  I do wish there were more brushable characters in G4 but that doesn't mean I don't appreciate people's blind bag collections or their Petites or Mommy Charms!  :-p

And then's there's all the licensed merchandise... As George Takei would say, "Ohhhhh myyyyyy." :D
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline wizzer218

• Trade Count: (+153)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • love me some pony!
    • View Profile
    • www.flyinghorsearts.com
« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2014, 12:34:18 PM »
I doubt I will ever have them all...lol

Offline Emfen

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Scented Moonlight Pony
    • View Profile
    • MLW Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2014, 12:39:36 PM »
I don't think I'd ever have them all. I mainly collect G1 TEs and factory prototypes from G4, while keeping a small Ivy army. When I get all the TEs I am probably going to have a fancy display room with protective glass from UV light (since I heard hair fades from that). But I would probably never go all out and try to have it all, I like to complete sets from the bits and pieces of what I have, such as finding a Thundercloud for my brush. Whenever that happens.
~✿~| No longer actively collecting. |~✿~

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2014, 01:17:11 PM »
When you factor in Nirvanas and merch I doubt any one will ever really reach everything. And as Katika says different people define complete differently.

I have a complete US and Euro collection, complete Euro accessories and am only missing 3 or 4 US accessories [which are just about impossible to find :P]

However even once I find those and am complete [complete for me], I am still looking for plenty of upgrades and to be honest I dont need to be collecting and buying to enjoy ponies and collecting as a hobby :) I will however have a serious party when I find those last few accessories :P
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2014, 06:59:30 PM »
It will be a happy day indeed. I will take a lot of pictures! There will be lots of delightful squeaky noises. At the rate things are going (s l o w) I don't think I will ever reach my goal of a complete G1 us collection (mo's included)...

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Sprinklecupcake

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2014, 07:44:47 PM »
Display them in a room and start charging addmission for anyone who comes over that wants to see them LOL!

Offline kiwimlp

• Intros and Brags Mod
  • *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • I am Negan
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2014, 11:51:06 PM »
At one stage I had all of the (affordable!) ponies I wanted - so I went on to accessories!  :D

AnnetheCatDetective

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2014, 12:25:37 AM »
Short answer: Swim in them Scrooge McDuck style.

Not gonna lie, that was my first thought. Swim/roll around in them!

Though considering how hard it is to find some of my grails, and my generally fixed income and the number of hobbies I have, I'll be hunting for a LOOONG time. And since in addition to hunting for the G1s from my childhood (and some I never would have encountered back then), I collect G4s, they'll keep putting out ponies for who knows how long. And who knows what interest I may have in G5, or heck, 6... I could be collecting ponies until the day I die.

But in the unrealistic world where I wind up with every pony I want (a fantastic world to imagine!) I would brush and display and photograph and PLAY WITH them!

Offline Sarah-Bee

• Alice Cooper's Minion Pony
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2014, 03:25:42 AM »
Are you scared for that moment actually happening?

A little bit of this but I am a Nirvana collector so my collecting days will probably never end lol.

Offline SkyCakes

• Trade Count: (+108)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • My Customs
« Reply #26 on: May 05, 2014, 07:53:46 AM »
I have been collecting for about 7-8 years and I still haven't found all the ponies. I have plenty of ponies to keep me going for a very long time. Although if I was "finished." I would have to say I would work on a Surprise pony army.

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 05, 2014, 08:01:38 AM »
When I have all the ponies I want I will be happy. And I only have roughly 20 to go until that goal is reached.
I collect Monster High and Transformers as well, so I will always have things I will be pining after :lol:

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #28 on: May 09, 2014, 03:14:02 PM »
New answer - sack ponies I'll collect wine. Think my new obsession will be wine.
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline shindow

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
    • Derpy's Scrapbook: Collecting Ditsy Doo
« Reply #29 on: May 09, 2014, 03:53:28 PM »
Hmm, when I get all of mine, I think I'll sit and admire them! After that, I'll probably move onto something else, but because of my personal connection with :muffin: Pony, I don't think she'll be one of those collections I "grow out of and sell off". She is also one of my only collections my wife or family member has never paid for. I've worked for every last one!!! :)
Collecting :muffin: Pony / Ditsy Doo?
Check out her latest releases, news, and reviews at:
www.derpyscrapbook.blogspot.com
- The :muffin: Pony collector expert. And I love My Little Pony Tales. And Muffins.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal