collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Funko Vinyl Collectibles Thread II (Blue Flu Discord)  (Read 68804 times)

Offline MikeysGrrrl

• Penguin Snuggle Pony
  • Trade Count: (+95)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Whatever you become, be an amazing one!
    • View Profile
Re: Funko Vinyl Collectibles Thread II (Rarity/Discord/Daring Do Now Shipping)
« Reply #1050 on: August 23, 2014, 05:37:05 AM »
I agree on Cadence and Shining Armor.... they're hardly background ponies after all, and their designs are very good. They'd sell well. Roseluck, Daisy, and Lily are possible too; they're popular in their own way. Then there's Babs, the other foals at Ponyville school, Cheerilee, the Mysterious Mare Do Well could be another Comic Con exclusive... not to mention other villains. After all, Discord is more villain-esque in his release with his maniacal poses. So Nightmare Moon, Chrysalis, Sombra, maybe even Tirek. Although Tirek would be a positively massive figure.....

Post Merge: August 23, 2014, 02:20:14 AM

Glitter Rarity is pretty but I wish they would've made her clear with glitter like the other chase variants. Instead of looking white or crystal like, she looks like she's pink :huh: I'm happy for everyone that gets her though :)

Houstoncollector's looks pretty white to me. She has a milky look, like light through smoke... look at his pictures, you'll see what I mean. She's not soda clear like the others, definitely more translucent, but still see through enough and not as pink as she seems. It's just the purple hair parts and purple glitter in her, she would have wound up looking pink either way.... probably why DJ was so dark in her chase.

Maybe it's my screen? I thought she had a milky appearance, but I didn't see the pink tint until Mori posted her photo's. I guess I was hoping she'd look more like her Glitter BB release.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Kitzka

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: August 23, 2014, 05:39:35 AM »
Wow these pics are awesome.

Aquatic- you are running out of room! :) but the collection looks good like that. The boxes fit well and display perfectly in there.

Mori- huge congrats on your find and so nice of your friend to pick up the other glitters for you. And thank you for the awesome out of the box pics.

I can't wait to see glittery rarity in person. In some pics she looks pink to me, in others more translucent. I'm still not sure how I feel about the cloudy glitter but I need her so I won't complain either way ;)

These have not hit my local stores and with my luck they will hit next week when I'm out of the country but I know I will get them eventually.

Congrats again everyone!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sprinklecupcake

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #1052 on: August 23, 2014, 06:06:32 AM »
Huge congrats to Mori and Neon!!!!
 :cheer:

Im so jealous of everyone who has the new glitters agh! Im still missing AJ and Big Mac too.... Im falling behind!  :freak:

Has anyone had any luck finding any of these 3 characters in stores yet!?? Gaaah I cannot wait until my HT stores get some!!!! So i got my tracking info and my new babies will be here Monday BUT my order says yesterday at 5:57am it arrived in my city? Sooooo I could get it today OR could it already be in my complex office!?? Erg!! xD The anticipation, glitters or not!

« Last Edit: August 23, 2014, 06:12:16 AM by Sprinklecupcake »

Offline Aquatic Neon

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #1053 on: August 23, 2014, 06:13:29 AM »
Wow these pics are awesome.

Aquatic- you are running out of room! :) but the collection looks good like that. The boxes fit well and display perfectly in there.

Thanks! I know seriously! Well Maneiac can move out for sure, so I still have room for 12 more in that row, and then I'll take the drawers out eventually for anther 16 spots, plus I have the top.. lol might have to display out of box eventually!
Huge congrats to Mori and Neon!!!!
 :cheer:

Im so jealous of everyone who has the new glitters agh! Im still missing AJ and Big Mac too.... Im falling behind!  :freak:

Has anyone had any luck finding any of these 3 characters in stores yet!?? Gaaah I cannot wait until my HT stores get some!!!! So i got my tracking info and my new babies will be here Monday BUT my order says yesterday at 5:57am it arrived in my city? Sooooo I could get it today OR could it already be in my complex office!?? Erg!! xD The anticipation, glitters or not!

Thank you good luck!

For Sale Wants

Offline LittleSpiffy

• Spifftastic!
  • Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: August 23, 2014, 06:53:55 AM »
Yes, the HT closest ro me has all three...

...but when I called other area HTs, they didn't seem to have Daring Dk for so.e reason. Very weird.

I am currently standing outside a HT that said they had glitters on FB.

I feel like an apple-obsessed Flutterbat *hisses*

Post Merge: August 23, 2014, 07:29:33 AM

Got myself a Rarity!!!

*sucks on her sweet glittery goodness*

Post Merge: August 23, 2014, 07:40:16 AM

BTW:  I asked why only one store in the area has Daring Do.

According to the sales rep, when they don't know how popular an item will be, they send it to their biggest store in the area first.

If it does well, they'll order more.

I'd love to hear who is finding Daring Do in their area.  Just to see if she was correct or making things up (like when she said glitters are 1/500 o_O)
« Last Edit: August 23, 2014, 07:40:16 AM by LittleSpiffy »

FluttershyMama

« Reply #1055 on: August 23, 2014, 07:43:34 AM »
I am so jealous of everyone that got their ponies! Lol. Wednesday can't be here soon enough. :shocked:

Offline GeekPoppa

• Magic Motion Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: August 23, 2014, 07:49:01 AM »
Boston area peeps: Just got back from Hot Topic in Square One Mall, Saugus and they're well stocked with all 3 new vinyls. Including one glitter Rarity (I care nothing for glitters). If you're coming a long way, call them. They're nice and they may hold it.

Sprinklecupcake

« Reply #1057 on: August 23, 2014, 08:04:52 AM »
^ Oh no, you should have grabbed her and sold her to me! xD

Just called all my HT stores in my hunting radius and ugh no one has them in yet! :(
If anyone stops by their HT and sees a spare glitter they dont want, can they pick it up for me? xD Apparently I have competition as the lady on my phone said she has been bombarded with mlp callers! I dont think I stand a chance here :(
« Last Edit: August 23, 2014, 08:20:02 AM by Sprinklecupcake »

AJLareneg

« Reply #1058 on: August 23, 2014, 09:12:42 AM »
Has anyone seen them at hot topics in southern California yet? I called yesterday and they said they didn't but everyone is finding them? :(

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: August 23, 2014, 09:24:54 AM »
I agree on Cadence and Shining Armor.... they're hardly background ponies after all, and their designs are very good. They'd sell well. Roseluck, Daisy, and Lily are possible too; they're popular in their own way. Then there's Babs, the other foals at Ponyville school, Cheerilee, the Mysterious Mare Do Well could be another Comic Con exclusive... not to mention other villains. After all, Discord is more villain-esque in his release with his maniacal poses. So Nightmare Moon, Chrysalis, Sombra, maybe even Tirek. Although Tirek would be a positively massive figure.....

Post Merge: August 23, 2014, 02:20:14 AM

Glitter Rarity is pretty but I wish they would've made her clear with glitter like the other chase variants. Instead of looking white or crystal like, she looks like she's pink :huh: I'm happy for everyone that gets her though :)

Houstoncollector's looks pretty white to me. She has a milky look, like light through smoke... look at his pictures, you'll see what I mean. She's not soda clear like the others, definitely more translucent, but still see through enough and not as pink as she seems. It's just the purple hair parts and purple glitter in her, she would have wound up looking pink either way.... probably why DJ was so dark in her chase.

Maybe it's my screen? I thought she had a milky appearance, but I didn't see the pink tint until Mori posted her photo's. I guess I was hoping she'd look more like her Glitter BB release.

I ll admit to being a little disappointed in the Rarity as well. I was looking forward to her being almost completely clear; I am not quite digging the way she has been done. Daring looks great though!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Elwyn

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: August 23, 2014, 09:58:20 AM »
I'm not the fan of those glittery Funkos but I love how glittery Discord looks!  :blink: So cool!

I have to get regular Discord at some point, I'm glad Funko made it. :)

Offline Kitzka

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: August 23, 2014, 10:25:40 AM »
I just came back from the largest volume HT northern nj. This store got them in and I found glitter rarity and daring do!!  No glitter discord but I'm okay.

I did call the stores in the area and only one other got them in. I also picked up 2 mystery minis and got a reg colored spitfire and a black daring do! A great day!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Flitter

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: August 23, 2014, 10:28:41 AM »
I called the biggest store in my area this morning and they said they haven't gotten the new ones yet. I always get so anxious at this point. :drunk: I'll probably run by the HT nearest to me later this afternoon just to check.

I'm actually glad they did a milky finish on the Rarity chase. I think it suits her and distinguishes her from DJ.
Big Mac is slightly more opaque too so I think it's cool.

Congrats to those of you getting glitters and thanks for sharing your pics of them Neon, Mori & Houston! Your display looks awesome, Aquatic Neon!
« Last Edit: August 23, 2014, 10:37:33 AM by Flitter »

Offline Wysteria

• MOC Crazy!
  • Trade Count: (+118)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Katz Pony Shop
    • View Profile
    • http://www.katzponyshop.ecrater.com/
« Reply #1063 on: August 23, 2014, 10:49:40 AM »
OMGOSH OMGOSH,  OMGOSH! I found a glitter discord:D Couldn't believe it! I haven't even made it to the store I sent my pre order too yet, just happened to be near another one and stopped in for the heck of it. Almost missed him because his face was dark and wasn't paying attention oops lol. My first ever glitter find, I'm so happy:) Come to think of it, they are a smaller store and didn't have Daring Doo.

But yaaaaay!

Offline Eternia

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • MOC Mimic
  • The girliest
    • View Profile
    • Oat Couture
« Reply #1064 on: August 23, 2014, 11:18:32 AM »
My pre oreders arrived! No glitters for me. Oh well :p
My Wantlist! Connect with me! Facebook Tumblr Flickr Instagram=oatcouturepony & charmingplastics
No girly swap this year!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal