collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Popular books you never want to read!  (Read 7952 times)

Offline xkelpiex

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • They/Them.or Fae/Faer pronouns pls
    • View Profile
Re: Popular books you never want to read!
« Reply #105 on: May 15, 2014, 04:22:18 PM »
I didn't want to read Hunger Games. But, I did. It's not written very well, it's predictable, but I LOVED IT OMG. Greatly entertaining haha.
After that experience, I will read, or try to read, anything that comes my way.

Offline dxgirly

• Trade Count: (+66)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 24, 2014, 04:36:52 PM »
Only 50 Shades for me. I've read pretty much everything everyone else has mentioned, and loved them, so I guess I'm in the minority here. ha
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Moony

• The big wolf on campus!
  • Trade Count: (+140)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 24, 2014, 05:24:26 PM »
I've read a bunch of stuff mentioned xD I enjoyed the first two books of the Fifty Shades trilogy... I am two chapters into the third and not liking it so far :P I read a lot of teen fiction but stick to the fantasy/Sci fi genre. I am not huge into classics or adult fiction haha!

Thanks Whippetluv!

Offline Nence

• Tarot Orchid Pony
  • Trade Count: (+21)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • ~.Which tarot-card did you picked up today? .~
    • View Profile
    • mymlplife.blogg.se
« Reply #108 on: May 26, 2014, 08:06:25 AM »
Harry Potter: I have never been interested.
Twilight: No, I dont like vampires.
50 shades of grey: :|
Hunger Games: -_-

Thank you kissthethunder and audra-hime for my beautiful ponies <3
..:Click on the globe to visit my MLP-blog:..
Libella~Wistful Autumn~Golden Love~Twist~Clover~

PandoraFox

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #109 on: May 26, 2014, 11:27:47 AM »
I won't say never to pretty much anything. I like reading and I'm willing to give most things a chance at least.

Currently not interested in Twilight though. I've still got quite some Anne Rice books to go if I want vampire drama, and what I've heard of Twilight just doesn't do anything to get me interested.
I've read a chapter or two of Shades of Grey, when a friend next to me was reading it and showing me, but they didn't do anything to make me want to read the rest of it either.

I really do want to finish The Lord of the Rings at some point but the last time I tried I got no further then the first book.
I really WANT to like it. I like it's themes and the characters, but those pages of detailed landscape descriptions and such, I have such issues getting through those. I really don't need to know about all the species of plants on a field, I just need to know it's a field....
I've had books I liked with detailed landscape descriptions, but something about Tolkien's way of writing them doesn't seem to mesh with me well.

And the Harry Potter books I've all read, I just don't think I'll be prone to rereading them anytime soon.
Somehow the ending just didn't sit well with me. I personally just.... didn't like it much for some reason, I can't really say why.
I loved the first few books but I just have no interested in reading them all again knowing I'll get to an ending I just don't really care for.
Given, good chance I'll end up reading book 3 again by itself every now and then, because I do so love Lupin's classes.

Offline Cucco

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
  • poniponiponi
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 26, 2014, 04:46:05 PM »
Most of the books that are popular, to be honest. I can't be bothered to keep up with what everyone's reading. I usually can't focus on reading while I'm in college anyway, because it overwhelms me taking in all that information that isn't related to my classes. I usually don't care unless it is extremely popular and I hear about it everywhere nonstop, like anything by John Green or Fifty Shades of Grey. That's when I start to swear off specific books -- when I'm sick of hearing about them. I don't have the energy to swear off more than one or two at a time though.
The G1 color-change hair set is my grail. Currently own: Mainsail, Seaflower, Shoreline

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal