collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Toothless coming to BABW??? HE'S BACK!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 10803 times)

Offline CupidStrikes

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Angry little slice of pie
    • View Profile
Re: Toothless coming to BABW??? HE'S OUT!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #90 on: May 24, 2014, 02:33:58 PM »
Oh Bolt! I ended up buying him off Ebay since the Disney store near me closed :( I have the super big laying down one.

My Build A Bear had all of the plush sitting out in bins. I always pick through them looking for nice faces/wings/hair/etc. I get really picky and will have pulled out like five plush before picking one :P

I wanted the smaller one (not the beanbag, if they made one that size). I did have a gander on Ebay but most of the ones I saw looked very, very dirty. Perhaps I'll get lucky, like I did with the baby Pegasus plush, and find him at a carboot sale for £1 xD

So do I. The faces tend to get squashed being stuffed into those bins as well as everything else, and as they're so expensive I won't settle for a crappy one :lol: . Sadly both my Twi and Dash have a slightly bent wing that I can't seem to straighten out :(
Idly searching for: loose, good condition G4 Blossomforth, Starbeam Twinkle, Plumsweet. TTM Celestia doll's wings Within UK or EU only, please.
Will also take in Pretty Pony Club (UK magazine) fakies.

Offline Sora

• Pokémon Master
  • Trade Count: (+17)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 24, 2014, 02:45:13 PM »
Yeah, that's what I always found amusing too. I learnt my lesson with Up, but that still didn't help me get a Ralph plush - Just like Toothless, the release dates got muddled up and in the end he was (seemingly!) never released. Oh Disney, when will you get your merchandising department together? XD

And yes, his head comes stuffed like the ponies :) There seems to be a slight (manufacture) difference where some heads are noticeably larger than others :P

Aw man that's a shame :( It bugs me that certain merchandise disappears after a while, too. I totally missed getting a Bolt plush because they closed down the Disney Store in my city and he was always out of stock on the website. By the time I got to another Store, he was long gone.

When you asked in store did they let you pick one out or did they just grab one from the back? I might wait if it means being able to pick one out; I learnt from the ponies all the variations they can have, and how badly wings and suck can get bent >.<
Yikes! Bolt seemed to be another sellout. I remember some of them were going (and still do go) for crazy amounts on eBay. Definitely check car boots, as you seem to be doing - I managed to find his beanie version there last year for 50p :)

They took them out from a fresh box at the back. My mother said the first one they showed her had some really bad stitching, and they then got her another one. But apparently, the staff admitted pretty much all the wings were bent in some way due to poor packaging ._.;

And I know what you mean about pony wings - My Twilight never got her wings back to normal either. :(
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Aqua Heart custom by Kitkumi!

Offline CupidStrikes

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 24, 2014, 03:54:54 PM »
Yikes! Bolt seemed to be another sellout. I remember some of them were going (and still do go) for crazy amounts on eBay. Definitely check car boots, as you seem to be doing - I managed to find his beanie version there last year for 50p :)

They took them out from a fresh box at the back. My mother said the first one they showed her had some really bad stitching, and they then got her another one. But apparently, the staff admitted pretty much all the wings were bent in some way due to poor packaging ._.;

And I know what you mean about pony wings - My Twilight never got her wings back to normal either. :(

They seem to rotate which characters are available (I went to a DS a few weeks back, after not having been to one in months) in plush form so perhaps he'll become available again sometime?

Ah okay, I'll try and not be too picky if I make it to one :lol:. Also, am I the only one who thinks his pose in the promotional photos is hilarious? It reminds me of this meme for some reason: (under spoiler for size)

Spoiler
Idly searching for: loose, good condition G4 Blossomforth, Starbeam Twinkle, Plumsweet. TTM Celestia doll's wings Within UK or EU only, please.

Offline Mkia

• Chihuahua Momma
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Flying zebra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 24, 2014, 07:19:29 PM »
So my lady and I went to our local BABW today to get a toothless, and they were SOLD OUT. In one day! They sold out last night. They were doing preorders for the next shipment. They were being shipped 48 and had already preordered for 30 people. Needless to say we preordered one lol.

She also said that the other stores in the Phoenix area were sold out as well. Soooo if you're in Phoenix, good luck!

Offline Rhini

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • MOC Mimic
  • In Ponyland, all the food is poison!
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 24, 2014, 07:43:05 PM »
Yeah, that's what I always found amusing too. I learnt my lesson with Up, but that still didn't help me get a Ralph plush - Just like Toothless, the release dates got muddled up and in the end he was (seemingly!) never released. Oh Disney, when will you get your merchandising department together? XD

And yes, his head comes stuffed like the ponies :) There seems to be a slight (manufacture) difference where some heads are noticeably larger than others :P

Aw man that's a shame :( It bugs me that certain merchandise disappears after a while, too. I totally missed getting a Bolt plush because they closed down the Disney Store in my city and he was always out of stock on the website. By the time I got to another Store, he was long gone.

When you asked in store did they let you pick one out or did they just grab one from the back? I might wait if it means being able to pick one out; I learnt from the ponies all the variations they can have, and how badly wings and suck can get bent >.<
I actually have this plush for sale! I found him at goodwill and looked him up on ebay before I bought him and was surprised how much he went for.

I went to BAB today just to check him out and OMG he's so cute in person *squee!*  :P I also checked out the new palace pets plush who were super cute too. I want them all! *sigh*

Offline RainbowRay

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • so very rainbow
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 25, 2014, 07:10:26 AM »
My friend and I went to BaB yesterday and found some Teethless there!

We were going to go get them on the 23rd, before we found out that they apparently weren't going to be released then after all (well, we still checked to make sure, but there were none out). But we decided to try again on the 24th after hearing that some people got them by asking for them... And they were out on display that time. Huh. So we got to have a rummage through the bins for the best ones :)
So, they are available now in Aberdeen at least!

And here they are! Friend's is the one with the cute bow! I put it on my one's tail at first so we could tell them apart, but it ended up on hers at some point instead.

I also surgically removed the large tags from their butts.

I'm pretty sure the fabric they're made of is indeed minky, but with a scaled texture. Very soft and cuddly! I'm considering making some replacement wings out of minky, which I would sew on permanently, since the current wings aren't very cuddly and I prefer to keep them off most of the time. I also might make another normal-looking black tail fin to replace the red one, since I'd quite like to have a generic Night Fury and give it its own name and personality.

Offline Kitkumi

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • My life is my story.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 25, 2014, 07:31:06 AM »
Got my Toothless :) He is so cute! My store had a lot of him out in the bins. I got to see the new movie earlier this week as an advanced screening in 3D :) I loved it even more than the first one! It is so good!

Lucky! I've been counting down the days, and trying to avoid all potential spoilers regarding the movie (I own the art book for the movie and haven't dared look through it for fear of spoiling something! XD  )

There is ONE thing I would very much like to know about the movie, my one allowed spoiler if I can call it that. Would you mind if I asked you about it? (since I can't find anything about it one way or the other online lol)

Thanks to Moonflower and Amenoo for my avi/sig

Offline Sora

• Pokémon Master
  • Trade Count: (+17)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 25, 2014, 04:05:41 PM »

They seem to rotate which characters are available (I went to a DS a few weeks back, after not having been to one in months) in plush form so perhaps he'll become available again sometime?

Ah okay, I'll try and not be too picky if I make it to one :lol:. Also, am I the only one who thinks his pose in the promotional photos is hilarious? It reminds me of this meme for some reason: (under spoiler for size)

Spoiler
Hopefully they will! I've been waiting for them to release a new Dodger or Oliver plush or beanie, but recently they've just been re-releases. I'm sure I've seen Bolt not too long ago (then again, they had a rather strange one available at Disneyland Paris a couple of years back which I could be thinking of).

I've always found his promo art to be kinda... Funny. Probably because I can't get mine in any pose other than 'sit' XD

Also! Good news and bad news. The good news is - Toothless and his hoodie are up on the UK site!
http://www.buildabear.co.uk/shop/productdetail.aspx?ProductSKU=421601&Category=Toothless&CallingPage=ProductSummary&MSCSProfile=3C79F0C7EA3162B289A6F3317CC124D8D6E1AEA9113DAC098954CF72525CC009A9EFAF02E147C1770AF74B83803A3F88ABB74FFC7D9D8148CD5ADF1CC93438E30DA02AADD710DAC1F3695BF2F4DE307B29A119687E26290B91CDF8CFAF30BF35FA8D27C29C22CD4CCD9F0D58B09983C22895F7CD6241335FC001C539C9F9F10AA9C47826524EF671

...The bad news is he's out of stock. But the hoodie is in stock. Not sure if it's an error since no one knows what's going on with his release date, or if he, like with the US, just sold out super fast.

Aqua Heart custom by Kitkumi!

Offline CupidStrikes

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 25, 2014, 04:23:43 PM »
Hopefully they will! I've been waiting for them to release a new Dodger or Oliver plush or beanie, but recently they've just been re-releases. I'm sure I've seen Bolt not too long ago (then again, they had a rather strange one available at Disneyland Paris a couple of years back which I could be thinking of).

I've always found his promo art to be kinda... Funny. Probably because I can't get mine in any pose other than 'sit' XD

Also! Good news and bad news. The good news is - Toothless and his hoodie are up on the UK site!
http://www.buildabear.co.uk/shop/productdetail.aspx?ProductSKU=421601&Category=Toothless&CallingPage=ProductSummary&MSCSProfile=3C79F0C7EA3162B289A6F3317CC124D8D6E1AEA9113DAC098954CF72525CC009A9EFAF02E147C1770AF74B83803A3F88ABB74FFC7D9D8148CD5ADF1CC93438E30DA02AADD710DAC1F3695BF2F4DE307B29A119687E26290B91CDF8CFAF30BF35FA8D27C29C22CD4CCD9F0D58B09983C22895F7CD6241335FC001C539C9F9F10AA9C47826524EF671

He was in stock last night, but I don't fancy paying £5 in postage :lol: . I'll ask in Covent Garden on Tuesday and mention he's on the website but out of stock so do they have any in store pleeeease xD. Unless they have Scootaloo. Then I'll be forced to make a difficult decision!

Oddly, DS had the Chihuahua from Oliver (and Lady & the Tramp) plushies. Loads of them. It really boggled me because...he's a really minor character. I've never seen Oliver & Company plushes, yet I know Dodger is hugely popular. Not that I want to complain about minor characters getting love, it just seemed an odd choice when there were no other plushies from that film.

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 25, 2014, 04:31:06 PM »
I think it would have been cuter if he had his mouth open in his usual toothless smile.

Offline Calico_Star

• Trade Count: (+63)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 25, 2014, 11:19:05 PM »
Toothless seems to be crazy popular! I'd normally have to order online since my nearest BAB is 4-5 hours away, but I was out of town at an anime convention and there was a BAB nearby, so I went by on Saturday. The guy who was stuffing my Toothless said that they had gotten 125 in, but only had 15 left by Saturday morning. I was shocked that they sold through so many so fast when the new movie isn't even out yet. Here's mine!

:heart: My Deviantart :heart: Commissions: Closed

Offline dinobuzz

• Trade Count: (+54)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 26, 2014, 06:16:43 AM »
Great pic Calico Star! Love your outfit!

Does Toothless come in a regular BAB box or is it something special?
« Last Edit: May 26, 2014, 06:18:46 AM by dinobuzz »

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 26, 2014, 06:59:59 AM »
Oooooo Calico_Star!! That's a great cosplay! Can I ask a favor? My step-mother is a seamstress and wants to start making cosplays to sell, but she is clueless about the cosplay world so she asked me to collect a bunch of photos to look at so she gets the idea. May I use your photo please? I promise it won't be use in any promotional way or posted anywhere online, I'm just going to print a bunch of photos of cosplayers and show them to her, along with pictures of the actual character, so she can see what cosplaying is about.

When I bought mine they asked me if I wanted a regular box or bag. lol I went with the bag, a little less silly than a lone adult carrying the big house-shaped box through the mall. XD
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline sailorstitch

• Trade Count: (+94)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Instagram @sailorstitch
    • View Profile

Offline Rhini

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • MOC Mimic
  • In Ponyland, all the food is poison!
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 26, 2014, 01:45:28 PM »
AWWW those kitty pictures! :heart: He was soooo cute in person, I can't wait til I get paid.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal