collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Toothless coming to BABW??? HE'S BACK!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 10567 times)

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Toothless coming to BABW??? HE'S OUT!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #60 on: May 23, 2014, 11:59:02 AM »
Judging by the scale pattern on his body, I'm guessing he's not manky--I do hope he's soft though! I'm totally going to the mall today to pick him up! Eee!
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline Kitkumi

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • My life is my story.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 23, 2014, 02:14:34 PM »
I'm not sure what kind of fabric he is made of, but I personally find him to be very soft (more so than I was expecting).
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to Moonflower and Amenoo for my avi/sig

Offline rosierjay

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+152)
  • MOC Mimic
  • you can call me Rosier
    • View Profile
    • Customs and stuff i'm selling
« Reply #62 on: May 23, 2014, 02:40:49 PM »
ok i was gonna wait, but when i called, they said they would run out of him by sunday and didn't know if they'd get him in again…
breaking down and paying the extra 6$ to ship him.
or i'll just add scootaloo and get free shipping. ok. deal on the second option. woot!

Offline sailorstitch

• Trade Count: (+94)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Instagram @sailorstitch
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 23, 2014, 03:25:24 PM »
ok i was gonna wait, but when i called, they said they would run out of him by sunday and didn't know if they'd get him in again…

Is that the website's stock or your local store?

sailorstitch

Offline rosierjay

• Classifieds
  • MOC Mimic
  • you can call me Rosier
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 23, 2014, 03:47:17 PM »

Is that the website's stock or your local store?

sailorstitch
the local store, but i didn't want to take the risk with the online.
been wanted a decent toothless plush since the move came out, and he's adorable!

Offline Sora

• Pokémon Master
  • Trade Count: (+17)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 23, 2014, 04:21:55 PM »
My mother got me an adorable present from London! :frolic:

Aqua Heart custom by Kitkumi!

Offline CupidStrikes

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Angry little slice of pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 23, 2014, 04:32:15 PM »
!!! So he is in the UK? I didn't see him in Oxford's BaB today, though admittedly I kinda made a beeline to see if they had Scootaloo.

....Well, I'm in London on Tuesday. I KNOW WHERE I'M GOING.
Idly searching for: loose, good condition G4 Blossomforth, Starbeam Twinkle, Plumsweet. TTM Celestia doll's wings Within UK or EU only, please.
Will also take in Pretty Pony Club (UK magazine) fakies.

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 23, 2014, 04:36:15 PM »
I just got home from the mall, he is soooooooooo cute!! Haha!

I've never gotten a BAB item before so I don't know if this is normal but a couple things bug me--the wings are removable, which is weird, but even more buggy is that they feel pretty flimsy and easily bent/torn. I'm afraid that they won't stand up to much play. Also the thread they use to sew him up in his back is peach. o.0 Peach!? Why not black!? The stitches are very visible in two spots on his backside where they closed him up (luckily the wings cover one of the spots). I might buy some RIT dye and try to dye the stitches black.

He is pretty soft, but not as soft as manky. You can definitely feel the stiff scale texture of the fabric when you hug him, which definitely makes his limbs and tail pretty firm, not floppy. (Which is good for making him sit up, I suppose!)

But omg his cute little face!! And he sits there and looks at me like "We're friends, right?" :3 I do absolutely love him, despite my small gripes. I am a grown woman who does not keep stuffed animals, but now I have a giant stuffed dragon on my bed to keep all the MLP's on my shelves company, I guess. XD

The BAB lady said they have been super popular today, and I was about the 20th person who bought one today. She expects they will sell like hotcakes, but she didn't say anything to imply that they would sell out soon.

PS: I maybe shouldn't be posting these pics because it might tempt some people in this thread to empty their wallets, but Hot Topic was right next to BAB in my mall and omg they have chibi Toothless t-shirts and decals!!!! I spent waaaaaaaaay too much money today, but I couldn't help it! Hee hee!

Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline Sora

• Pokémon Master
  • Trade Count: (+17)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 23, 2014, 04:49:39 PM »
!!! So he is in the UK? I didn't see him in Oxford's BaB today, though admittedly I kinda made a beeline to see if they had Scootaloo.

....Well, I'm in London on Tuesday. I KNOW WHERE I'M GOING.
If you go there, let them know you were aware of the original May 23rd date. According to head office (again!) they will only sell to people who knew of their original release date :)

@Dragonflitter - This is the first time I've personally seen a BaB with removable wings - Normally, they're always attached. I noticed the peach thread too, and I thought it was kinda strange.

Aqua Heart custom by Kitkumi!

Offline Bergamot

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Wafflehaus
« Reply #69 on: May 23, 2014, 05:51:30 PM »
I just got mine today! So very excited!

The material feels a little bit like a mix between Minky and terrycloth. Overall, his face looks a lot cuter than the promo photo makes it look-- I thought I might be a little lukewarm about it, but I saw them in person and fell in love.

My cat is convinced that I have brought a new animal home. She likes to stalk Toothless. It's pretty great.

The wings are all bent up on mine already, because that's what happens when the plush are stored. I understand why they are removable  (Toothless in a Toothless hoodie, anyone?), but I still don't really like it. I am tempted to make a new set of wings for him.

The big tags bother me a bit. They just kind of come out of Toothless's side instead of being fixed into a seam that would let them sit under his bum.

All in all, though, I am super excited about this and happy to have it! Build-a-Bear has made an awesome product, as usual. :)

Offline True

• Eartha Uncorn
  • Trade Count: (+98)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Unicorn of the earth
    • View Profile
    • Truly Customs
« Reply #70 on: May 23, 2014, 06:20:24 PM »
Did someone say you could order just the skin some how? I looked on their webpage but it seems as though I can only order the whole plush. Id love to actually be able to finish one on my own, some day. cause I kinda like them sorta floppy xD.

:heart: My Sales Thread :heart:
Toola Roola Avatar by Pikashoes!

Offline rosierjay

• Classifieds
  • MOC Mimic
  • you can call me Rosier
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 23, 2014, 06:25:09 PM »
Did someone say you could order just the skin some how? I looked on their webpage but it seems as though I can only order the whole plush. Id love to actually be able to finish one on my own, some day. cause I kinda like them sorta floppy xD.
yes you just ask them to not stuff them.
then you can bring them to the store and get them stuffed there, or buy the stuffing yourself of course.

i'm doing that with the scootaloo i got, i'm gonna change the hair and embroider a cutie mark and make her into a different pony  :devious:
then i'll go get her stuffed.

Offline Moony

• The big wolf on campus!
  • Trade Count: (+140)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 23, 2014, 07:09:05 PM »
then you can bring them to the store and get them stuffed there, or buy the stuffing yourself of course.

i'm doing that with the scootaloo i got, i'm gonna change the hair and embroider a cutie mark and make her into a different pony  :devious:

Can you ask for Scootaloo to be unstuffed? They come prestuffed at the store :/

Thanks Whippetluv!

Offline True

• Eartha Uncorn
  • Trade Count: (+98)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Unicorn of the earth
    • View Profile
    • Truly Customs
« Reply #73 on: May 23, 2014, 07:16:27 PM »
maybe i should just get it stuffed :/ my hope was that someday id be able to go get it stuffed at a store, but we really dont have one close. occasionally the traveling one will show up but i guess i cant really count on that lol.

:heart: My Sales Thread :heart:
Toola Roola Avatar by Pikashoes!

Offline rosierjay

• Classifieds
  • MOC Mimic
  • you can call me Rosier
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 23, 2014, 08:12:31 PM »

Can you ask for Scootaloo to be unstuffed? They come prestuffed at the store :/
don't know. guess i'll find out.
if she is stuffed. i'll just find a seam and open her up.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal