collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Frozen thread  (Read 7849 times)

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
Re: Frozen thread
« Reply #75 on: March 22, 2014, 01:20:43 PM »
I read several tumblr bloggers who are Sami championing the movie, but in tumblr-land, everything is problematic so of course there will be people saying that is racist as well - despite those people not being Sami. Curious, how is he fetishized?

fet·ish
ˈfetiSH/Submit
noun
noun: fetish; plural noun: fetishes
an inanimate object worshiped for its supposed magical powers or because it is considered to be inhabited by a spirit.

I'm going to go with "talking snowman" as if I'm correct it's the talking snowman character that is the problem.

Whether or not I am correct, let's quit focusing on this before it drifts to other definitions of that word and I have to lock a thread everyone seems to be enjoying for inappropriate content. Also, if you want to discuss this further, please move on to WYP. Please note, this is not a problem with stating you don't like the movie you are free to continue to say that, however going into a conversation of this sort is not OT friendly as we try to keep OT all happy all the time. It's supposed to be a safe, relatively drama free zone.

And to add, StoryDreamer, this is not at all directed at you but the thread in general. You were only quoted because I was trying to answer your question.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2014, 01:23:30 PM by kaoskat »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline StoryDreamer

• Go boldly
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Bri
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 22, 2014, 02:23:22 PM »
Understandable:)

Back on topic: I really want to listen to the score now. Not the soundtrack but the score..

LOL: As I write this, there's kids outside singing Let It Go.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2014, 03:03:06 PM by StoryDreamer »
Hey, want to review media or contribute an article about books, movies, comics, tv or video games from a woman's perspective? Check out my new media blog in the making, What the Fangirl LGBTQ+ friendly

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 22, 2014, 07:41:01 PM »
I love how complex of a character Elsa is.  :)

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline ranchlamb

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/ca3/iluvsassybunny/index.html
« Reply #78 on: March 22, 2014, 08:17:51 PM »
I like that the act of True Love wasn't a kiss!

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 22, 2014, 09:35:33 PM »

Me too! It actually really surprised me since Disney is so known for their true love's kiss thing :lol:
My Wish List

Offline PinkRosedust

• Trade Count: (+117)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • How bout i do anyway?
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 22, 2014, 11:21:16 PM »
Okay, my friend bought it and I watched it. WOW! I was pleasantly surprised at just how much I liked it! I already want to watch it again.
MLP sales Here Jewelry on Etsy Vintage toys on Etsy Toys and things on ebay

Offline Haruna

• Ninja Pony
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Many thanks to Nence for my beautiful avatar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 28, 2014, 05:47:11 PM »
Just a random question -- is the Target exclusive version of Frozen still being sold at Target? I'd like the bonus disc it comes with. On Ebay the prices are going rather high . . .

Offline Neon Sparkle

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 28, 2014, 05:52:44 PM »
Just a random question -- is the Target exclusive version of Frozen still being sold at Target? I'd like the bonus disc it comes with. On Ebay the prices are going rather high . . .
At least in all the stores around me, The Target version with bonus disc sold out on the first day of release and I haven't seen a single one since. Most stores around here have already exhausted their original first run copies with the shiny metallic slipcover, and now most copies either have the non-reflective slipcover or no slipcovers at all.

Sweetheart

« Reply #83 on: March 28, 2014, 06:02:06 PM »

Me too! It actually really surprised me since Disney is so known for their true love's kiss thing :lol:

^ Agree. It made me really happy. Probably because I loved Hans much more than Kristoff :angel:

Offline Jennifer2004

• Hooked on Ponies
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Looking for Bowtie variants, nirvanas, & merch!
    • View Profile
    • Jennifer Bischoff
« Reply #84 on: April 01, 2014, 12:21:05 PM »

^ Agree. It made me really happy. Probably because I loved Hans much more than Kristoff :angel:

Yes, I totally agree. It was such a refreshing change from true loves kiss, not that there's anything wrong with that. I enjoy a good true love's kiss happy ending as much as the next girl, but having a sister myself I just really loved Anna's act of true love. I'll admit that I share your sentiments in that crossed out sentence too, but I always seem to prefer the bad guys. :P

~Jennifer

eCrater Store - Commissions Info - Facebook Page

Offline babylicketysplit

• Bionic Spine Pony
  • Trade Count: (+49)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • In Spite of your Fear, Do what You have to Do
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
Sooooo... about disney official frozen merchandise.
« Reply #85 on: April 05, 2014, 10:32:03 AM »
 :| :lookround:

Has anyone been watching the botched handling of the frozen frenzy by disney corp. and the disney store/disney parks??

:huh: :shocked:  i have been frankly shocked at the lack of frozen merchandise and marketing considering all the hype from adults and kids alike.   I can see the original stock from november going out fast after everyone caught on to liking it.   but to see every thing and anything frozen completely barren. is shocking. considering there was a very very tiny restock for like an hour on the disneystore.com so i read and then everything was sold out again! >_<

The thing is, i have been watching a lot of parents desperately trying to get their kids merch, and especially the elsa dress for little girls.  i was shocked to see the prices silly little disney store toddler dresses were going for.  i feel bad for anyone trying to get their kid one.  :blink:   

does anyone have any idea why the disney company hasnt ordered or made more merchandise since the original release?  and they refuse to tell customers if they are ever making the dresses again or anything else frozen related for that matter. 

as an adult collector who loves elsa, the only things i own were what i was able to snag back in november which was a sparkle mattel cheap elsa doll and the art of frozen book a friend got me for christmas LOL. also snagged the free elsa infinity figure the day of the dvd release
 :blush:   
by the time i wanted anything which was 2 days after the release of the movie in theatres mind you..  the disney store was already sold out of anything frozen i wanted.  i just wanted the snowglobe (please tell me disney will make another snowglobe and hopefully a nicer looking one maybe with the ice castle?), the disney store regular elsa doll and the elsa mug.   

-_- :huh:but they havent restocked anything.   nor have the disney reps given anyone any indication that they will be (they would be idiots not to right?)     so why is the disneystore and the parks not releasing or ordering more frozen merch?   does it have something to do with the manufacturer times?    :work:

also anyone know of any adult merchandise coming out at all??
Check out my  Esty Shop  and MyEbay Sales!
 (Profits are going to help pay for my Rescue Horse's medical bills) <3
http://myworld.ebay.com/baby_licketysplit
http://www.etsy.com/shop/PoniesAndPets

tinyblondie

Re: Sooooo... about disney official frozen merchandise.
« Reply #86 on: April 05, 2014, 10:37:56 AM »
My local Disney Store doesn't have much in, they have 1 shelf with some art supplies, Sven plushies and Aanna  and I think they still have the Anna and Elsa mugs (I hope they do, my best friend and I want them). But that's it, no Elsa dolls, no costumes, nothing.

Offline TinyShinyUnique

• Trade Count: (+147)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • UniqueSubtleTreasures
Re: Sooooo... about disney official frozen merchandise.
« Reply #87 on: April 05, 2014, 10:49:27 AM »
Honestly, I have no idea why, but instead of getting any 'Frozen' merch in Poland, we have been swamped with everything possible from 'Brave': from keychains, notepads, dolls, everything. But finding anything from Frozen is close to a miracle. We had the same thing happening when 'Princess and the Frog' came out, so I wasn't surprised. I had no idea that it was the same for the, well, whole world, as my friend from Australia recently complained to me about it as well :huh:

Offline babylicketysplit

• Bionic Spine Pony
  • Trade Count: (+49)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • In Spite of your Fear, Do what You have to Do
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #88 on: April 05, 2014, 12:33:55 PM »
tiny blondie, if you still have mugs there i would be willing to buy or trade for one from you! :P  if you were able to snag an elsa one.     i love the 2d style artwork it has :)
Check out my  Esty Shop  and MyEbay Sales!
 (Profits are going to help pay for my Rescue Horse's medical bills) <3
http://myworld.ebay.com/baby_licketysplit
http://www.etsy.com/shop/PoniesAndPets

Offline ashes

• Forever Orange Site Mod
  • Trade Count: (+32)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 05, 2014, 01:00:46 PM »
That is interesting that there would be a lack of merchandise given the popularity of the movie (and that Disney isn't shy about merchandising their movies to the moon and back!).

In all honesty I haven't been looking that hard for Frozen stuff since my girls and I only saw the movie for the first time a few weeks ago.

thanks to jupi for my avi and harvestmoongirl for my siggy!

Check out my website: artbyashes.com

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal