collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Confessions of a Pony Hoarder...  (Read 3598 times)

Offline HoustonCollector72

• Aquarius Pony Power
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 Ponies Rock :)
    • View Profile
    • my collection
Re: Confessions of a Pony Hoarder...
« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2014, 11:59:40 AM »
If I had a boyfriend I would rather make him sleep on the floor/sofa than mess up the plushie display on my bed.

I have a double bed and I am a tiny person, but there is still no room for another person.

:redface:
  LOL  , the solution will be to buy him a plushie onzee  PJ's ( I'm sure they will have them in pony theme soon  just like the robe ) ,so then he becomes another Plushie in your bed and your BF all in one package !!

LOL !!

Post Merge: February 17, 2014, 12:03:14 PM

When I first started collecting again I was living with my parents on the family farm so I hid my ponies in tubs under my bed. It was hard to hide the pony castle when it came in the mail :) I now have my ponies in my spare bedroom in my own house...in tubs in the closet... But there is a happy ending in sight. I started to build the first shelf and am in the process of getting them out of the darkness.
  When I first started the pony collecting, I started placing them inside my empty TV cabinet ,and when i will come home I will open the doors and keep it close if there were guests in the house, but it only lasted few months , they playsets started invading my office room and it became the pony room it is today :)
« Last Edit: February 17, 2014, 12:03:14 PM by HoustonCollector72 »
GAMELOFT ID: balto72  Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/2241pmth
Collection Page on FB https://www.facebook.com/BALTO72    Instagram http://instagram.com/balto8a     
Wanted G2 Mocs wanted list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,328049.0.html

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 17, 2014, 12:11:10 PM »
As someone had mentioned, I too had a bookcase but took the books down and devoted them to ponies.  I also had a shelving unit for DVD's and as my collection grew I needed the room so I use that shelving unit for ponies too.

I am also very defensive when it comes to my ponies.  My cat seems to know this, because he's always batting one or two off my shelves and chewing on their hair.

Last time we saw my niece I think she was 4 and she really loved the look of my G3's and G1's.  I was worried I'd come home from work one day and see them in disarray, because she came into my room and played with them when I wasn't home.  I had to tell her as nice as I could that I don't want her in my room unless I say it's OK.  I know some kids when they are younger don't understand boundaries.

Offline Miss Violet

• Trade Count: (+47)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Takara ponies wanted!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 17, 2014, 12:17:49 PM »
when i promise to my self the pony i just purchased will be the only buy for this month and then a week after  i say,,oohh must have this pony too!(pony of the month no2...)and then....lol :newpony: :silly:
Takara ponies wanted!i have Milky and Pinky looking for the other ones! Takara outfits and accessories too!

open for ART COMMISSIONS!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline cyberunicorn

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • show the wind how to fly
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 17, 2014, 12:18:41 PM »
I got Mimic through the post my dad saw me opening it and asked me about it. so being the good little daughter I told him it was one I always wanted as a kid and that I did not think that they made her until recently........

...... then as he normally does he asked me how much she cost.......................ummm might have slightly under stated the price I paid for her I mean 0.99p is near her true value right ............. right   :lookround:

Emerald Treasure

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #34 on: February 17, 2014, 12:25:24 PM »
Fortunately, I don't have any children. I'm fine with older kids, but babies and especially toddlers are not my thing. I'd probably love any kids of my own, but I'd rather watch your Mastiff than your little ones.

People rearranging or taking my stuff bothers me more than anything else. 

tinyblondie

« Reply #35 on: February 17, 2014, 12:38:13 PM »
If I had a boyfriend I would rather make him sleep on the floor/sofa than mess up the plushie display on my bed.

I have a double bed and I am a tiny person, but there is still no room for another person.

:redface:
  LOL  , the solution will be to buy him a plushie onzee  PJ's ( I'm sure they will have them in pony theme soon  just like the robe ) ,so then he becomes another Plushie in your bed and your BF all in one package !!

LOL !!

Thats so weird I actually said to my Mama today that I wished they would make pony onesies.

Also that's a great solution! :happy:

Offline MiRaja

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://lilmissroadrage.livejournal.com
« Reply #36 on: February 17, 2014, 12:39:28 PM »
I've recently run out of room for ponies - they took over the entire top of my tallboy, were lined up in front of my books on the bookcase, took up the shelf on my desk hutch, and spilled out into taking over another shelf on the other bookcase in the spare room. I have a large square container which is stuffed full of vehicles and train tracks. I also have all the smaller accessories kept in individual little boxes, of which I have so many, I need a huge box to store all the little boxes in :shocked:

My solution... I've taken all my books off the bookcase and am going to devote it entirely to ponies. Four shelves worth, and I still think they might fill it up completely! >_< Now I have to buy another bookcase to put all the books back on... Poor books, they lived on the shelf for a whole year before I started collecting, and now they've been shoved aside as the second priority. ^^; They probably won't even have rest from ponies on the second bookcase, I'm eyeing a design that has five shelves instead of four, so I can have the current four shelves of books and another for pony...

And that might sort me out for now, but what am I going to do in a year's time? Or more? How many ponies is too many, anyway? I didn't think I'd be into the "I need a pony room!" phase after only three years, and I've still got a whole life of collecting ahead of me. :blink: Kinda frightening when I think about the numbers of tiny equines I might end up surrounded by.

Please tell me that in Australia a tallboy isn't a fancy, extra tall toilet made generally for elderly or people with issues getting down. . . 

Offline Mirnyj

• Siamese PurrPony
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • A house is not a home without a siamese cat
    • View Profile
    • My Blog (in finnish)
« Reply #37 on: February 17, 2014, 12:42:52 PM »
I was once browsing a large flea market and one vender had closed super early for that day but I could clearly see a big bin of G1's in there area. I knew I would not be able to come back the next day so I hopped the rope just to take a look -they were clearly priced and there were so many I needed. So I stashed the money for them +a bit extra and a note about what I bought where they would find it when they opened, but no one else could see and took the whole bin home :x

Lol, I can so see myself doing something like this. :lol:

instagram ~ facebook ~ online store

CottonTALE

« Reply #38 on: February 17, 2014, 12:51:19 PM »
When your catch your husband staring at your collection then back at his phone to see if you already have that pony... Then giving up and asking you to help him make a spreadsheet of what you don't have.

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 17, 2014, 12:52:33 PM »
I've recently run out of room for ponies - they took over the entire top of my tallboy, were lined up in front of my books on the bookcase, took up the shelf on my desk hutch, and spilled out into taking over another shelf on the other bookcase in the spare room. I have a large square container which is stuffed full of vehicles and train tracks. I also have all the smaller accessories kept in individual little boxes, of which I have so many, I need a huge box to store all the little boxes in :shocked:

My solution... I've taken all my books off the bookcase and am going to devote it entirely to ponies. Four shelves worth, and I still think they might fill it up completely! >_< Now I have to buy another bookcase to put all the books back on... Poor books, they lived on the shelf for a whole year before I started collecting, and now they've been shoved aside as the second priority. ^^; They probably won't even have rest from ponies on the second bookcase, I'm eyeing a design that has five shelves instead of four, so I can have the current four shelves of books and another for pony...

And that might sort me out for now, but what am I going to do in a year's time? Or more? How many ponies is too many, anyway? I didn't think I'd be into the "I need a pony room!" phase after only three years, and I've still got a whole life of collecting ahead of me. :blink: Kinda frightening when I think about the numbers of tiny equines I might end up surrounded by.

Please tell me that in Australia a tallboy isn't a fancy, extra tall toilet made generally for elderly or people with issues getting down. . . 

LOL No, it's a vintage style of wardrobe, very genteel!

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

Okiedokieloki

« Reply #40 on: February 17, 2014, 12:55:44 PM »

LOL No, it's a vintage style of wardrobe, very genteel!

Even though I knew what it was, when I read tallboy, I thought of this thing. XD

(sorry for the off topic)

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 17, 2014, 01:04:09 PM »
I got Mimic through the post my dad saw me opening it and asked me about it. so being the good little daughter I told him it was one I always wanted as a kid and that I did not think that they made her until recently........

...... then as he normally does he asked me how much she cost.......................ummm might have slightly under stated the price I paid for her I mean 0.99p is near her true value right ............. right   :lookround:

I understand.  My parents don't really collect anything and they sometimes still can't get over my being almost 30 and into ponies.  I surely know there are people my age and older who collect.  I've known this for a long time but can't get my Mom especially to wrap her head around it.  Every now and then when I buy something pony related she's always like "you're too old for my little pony"  or "you spend all this money on "toys" ".  My Dad seems to at least tolerate it.  It's hard sometimes when you still live at home.  Sometimes I have to lie when I get 3 or 4 G3's I bought from someone here.  They would think that even spending $15 or $20 on about 4 or 5 G4's is a lot, even when I explain that they were around $5 in stores.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2014, 01:07:29 PM by Majesty »

Star Spark

« Reply #42 on: February 17, 2014, 01:07:08 PM »
I have a bunch of ponies more or less permanently living in my bathroom. Some are there because they're works in progress, but most because I simply have nowhere to display or store them at the moment (I managed to snag an empty bin a few weeks ago, but it immediately filled with other ponies and toys I don't currently have room to display before I even remembered the bathroom crew.) So Medley, Heart Throb, Surprise and a few others (mostly pegasi, for some reason) continue to keep watch over the goings-on in the throne room.

When I was a kid, I also traded toys with a friend for a week so I could borrow her Creamsicle (I knew nothing of Pony Friends at the time, so I just thought she was a long necked pony) but was so afraid my mom would get upset that I traded a toy away, even temporarily, that I hid her under my bed for the entire week, only taking her out to admire her every now and then. Poor Creamsicle, it must've been one boring week.

PandoraFox

« Reply #43 on: February 17, 2014, 01:15:51 PM »
I'm considering converting my bedroom floor into equestria because I don't have anymore shelf space and my family would kill me if they started spilling over into the rest of the house.

Oh gosh that is going to be me.
I currently live with my dad, so only one room in the house is truly mine. It's a nice room, but because it's below a slanted roof I have precious little straight wall space and all of it is full already taken up with my cupboards and full collection shelves.
I have a few boxes left to clear up from when my room was remodeled, and after that I figure I'll just find a nice corner of floor and use my big g3 castle itself as a display. I'm out of wall!

Offline lunar_scythe

• factory error Blue Belle
  • Gold Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+84)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 17, 2014, 01:22:50 PM »
*grins* my paperback books are now in my closet so I can use their bookshelf for ponies... and the guest room just got a normal lightswitch plate; it had a pony one for a long time!
My Army of Bluebelles (New pic coming sooner or later)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal