collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Confessions of a Pony Hoarder...  (Read 3683 times)

Offline NoPonySpecial

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Beyond the last visible dog, you will see infinity
    • View Profile
Re: Confessions of a Pony Hoarder...
« Reply #45 on: February 17, 2014, 02:34:43 PM »
I got Mimic through the post my dad saw me opening it and asked me about it. so being the good little daughter I told him it was one I always wanted as a kid and that I did not think that they made her until recently........

...... then as he normally does he asked me how much she cost.......................ummm might have slightly under stated the price I paid for her I mean 0.99p is near her true value right ............. right   :lookround:

Well, technically you did pay .99p for her...you just neglected to mention the full price you paid. But heck, .99 p was part of it, so you did pay that much. XD
I'll put something here some time

Offline Twilight Pink

• TwinkieMomo
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Green Day
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 17, 2014, 03:51:45 PM »
I know ponies are children's toys, but I cannot stand to see children playing with them. I always assume that they're being mistreated. If I actually DID see one being mistreated, I would probably steal it. > : D

Same here :ninja:

I even had a dream where I was stealing, swiping G3 ponies I didn't own :P When I woke up, I was angry  >_<
Oh no!
avi by kittywhiskers :kyo: .

Okiedokieloki

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #47 on: February 17, 2014, 04:10:41 PM »
I'm eyeing the books on top of my dresser mirror... would be a good place for ponies. >.>

Offline okamigirl64

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
  • "I used to wonder what friendship could be."
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 17, 2014, 04:27:05 PM »
For Christmas last year I decided to put my G4 train around a little Christmas tree I have in my bedroom. Every Christmas my family invites people over, including a family with a 6 and 4 year old girls. When they came up to my room they started messing with my train and I think I kinda scared them. xD
Not only that, they wanted to take some ponies off of shelves…haha….no.
I'm so evil. :P

Emerald Treasure

« Reply #49 on: February 17, 2014, 04:35:27 PM »
I don't allow anyone under eight years of age in my room. My room has a deck attached to it, so don't get any ideas.

I don't care that you're five and didn't know any better, I will hurl you over the edge. > : D

Okiedokieloki

« Reply #50 on: February 17, 2014, 04:37:54 PM »
I don't allow anyone under eight years of age in my room. My room has a deck attached to it, so don't get any ideas.

I don't care that you're five and didn't know any better, I will hurl you over the edge. > : D

Rofl, that sounds so wrong... but I'm totally with you on that. Except my room is in the basement, so I can't exactly resort to throwing them over the deck. XD

Offline Lollipop

• Trade Count: (+47)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • *Lollipop's for everypony*
    • View Profile
    • Wickstead's - Something Quintessentially Unique & Just That Little Bit Different
« Reply #51 on: February 17, 2014, 04:52:22 PM »
I got Mimic through the post my dad saw me opening it and asked me about it. so being the good little daughter I told him it was one I always wanted as a kid and that I did not think that they made her until recently........

...... then as he normally does he asked me how much she cost.......................ummm might have slightly under stated the price I paid for her I mean 0.99p is near her true value right ............. right   :lookround:

Well, technically you did pay .99p for her...you just neglected to mention the full price you paid. But heck, .99 p was part of it, so you did pay that much. XD

Lmao  :biggrin: hehe *nods*
Lollipop
Wickstead's Wickstead's BLOG
:heart: :heart: :lovey: :heart: :heart:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Want/Wish List SALES Thread TRADES Thread :biggrin:

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #52 on: February 17, 2014, 04:58:30 PM »
When I saw my boyfriend's little sister's Shining Armor was completely covered in red marker on one side, I died a little. I don't even want Shining Armor! When I saw a Funko box in the car I was really jealous (but the Funko is in good shape still, so that made me happy). Her Cadence's horribly messy hair was also pretty painful. I wanted to have a spa day with all her ponies.

She's four years old, I felt so bad!

Though I have gathered a little group of ponies for her and want to specifically buy her one like her favorite pony of mine, so that makes me less of a terrible person, right?

Offline Sanadaookami

• Trade Count: (+63)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 17, 2014, 05:13:14 PM »
I was once browsing a large flea market and one vender had closed super early for that day but I could clearly see a big bin of G1's in there area. I knew I would not be able to come back the next day so I hopped the rope just to take a look -they were clearly priced and there were so many I needed. So I stashed the money for them +a bit extra and a note about what I bought where they would find it when they opened, but no one else could see and took the whole bin home :x

Lol, I can so see myself doing something like this. :lol:

I felt guilty about it for a while- but a few months latter I ran into the seller at another completely different flea market- they had another bin of G1's and still at a good price so I picked up the whole thing. As I was paying he was saying there must be a bunch of people who really like them and he started telling me the story about coming into his booth once and finding a whole bin of them gone and a pile of cash with a note tucked away XD I told him it was me and he thought it was really funny! Turned out he had two more bins in storage and I worked out a buying price for the whole bunch. He has my phone # now and calls me as soon as he finds any ponies. He has found me some really nice ones over the years~

Second confession- one time I was at a thrift and a little girl in the isle was carrying around a bag of G1 accessories (mostly combs and ribbons) I sort of kept half an eye on her the whole time hoping she would put it down. She brought it to her mom but she said no so as soon as she put it back I snagged it! I would have been sad if she had got it but I wouldn't have interfered at all  :blush:

Offline gabumon

• Daddy Sweet Celebrations
  • Trade Count: (+92)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • mostly papercrafting
    • View Profile
    • Netroids
« Reply #54 on: February 17, 2014, 05:54:24 PM »
^  yeah... I confess.. I've followed people around thrift stores before... even for G3s!  I'm such a skunk.

Offline HoustonCollector72

• Aquarius Pony Power
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 Ponies Rock :)
    • View Profile
    • my collection
« Reply #55 on: February 17, 2014, 09:00:22 PM »
Is tallboy same as. HighBoy :) ? Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
GAMELOFT ID: balto72  Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/2241pmth
Collection Page on FB https://www.facebook.com/BALTO72    Instagram http://instagram.com/balto8a     
Wanted G2 Mocs wanted list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,328049.0.html

Offline cyberunicorn

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • show the wind how to fly
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 17, 2014, 11:12:01 PM »

:lmao: love this

Offline prancingstag

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 18, 2014, 01:38:09 PM »
Wouldn't it be less work to buy a bookcase for the ponies?

I needed a fast solution, and in a small bedroom, books lying around are more space efficient than ponies. By stacking 120~ books on the floor I magically made room for 300~ ponies on shelf, taking them off of every other surface in the room and immediately making things look a whole lot less cluttered.

Spoiler

Thisisn'tevenmyfinalform.jpg Still some rearranging to do and then it'll be riser time for those tiny G4s.

The books are actually sitting in the floorspace their new bookcase will occupy, so they're not in the way despite being thrown on the floor. You couldn't stack over 100 ponies on top of each other like this :lol:

Please tell me that in Australia a tallboy isn't a fancy, extra tall toilet made generally for elderly or people with issues getting down. . .

:rofl: A tallboy is just a chest of drawers. Like this?

Is tallboy same as. HighBoy :) ? Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I googled highboy, our tallboys don't have the long legs so they sit on the ground and are therefore a lot shorter. ^.^

tinyblondie

« Reply #58 on: February 18, 2014, 02:13:51 PM »
I adore your Display!

What brand are the little plushies next to your Build a Bears?

Offline Haruna

• Ninja Pony
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Many thanks to Nence for my beautiful avatar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 18, 2014, 05:47:38 PM »
I was once browsing a large flea market and one vender had closed super early for that day but I could clearly see a big bin of G1's in there area. I knew I would not be able to come back the next day so I hopped the rope just to take a look -they were clearly priced and there were so many I needed. So I stashed the money for them +a bit extra and a note about what I bought where they would find it when they opened, but no one else could see and took the whole bin home :x

Lol, I can so see myself doing something like this. :lol:

I felt guilty about it for a while- but a few months latter I ran into the seller at another completely different flea market- they had another bin of G1's and still at a good price so I picked up the whole thing. As I was paying he was saying there must be a bunch of people who really like them and he started telling me the story about coming into his booth once and finding a whole bin of them gone and a pile of cash with a note tucked away XD I told him it was me and he thought it was really funny! Turned out he had two more bins in storage and I worked out a buying price for the whole bunch. He has my phone # now and calls me as soon as he finds any ponies. He has found me some really nice ones over the years~

Second confession- one time I was at a thrift and a little girl in the isle was carrying around a bag of G1 accessories (mostly combs and ribbons) I sort of kept half an eye on her the whole time hoping she would put it down. She brought it to her mom but she said no so as soon as she put it back I snagged it! I would have been sad if she had got it but I wouldn't have interfered at all  :blush:

Hee hee, I would be so sad if I saw they had closed early. I don't know if I'd have had the guts to buy them anyway. But it sounds like it worked out for you! Awesome.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal