collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Confessions of a Pony Hoarder...  (Read 3680 times)

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: Confessions of a Pony Hoarder...
« Reply #60 on: February 18, 2014, 10:06:18 PM »
^  yeah... I confess.. I've followed people around thrift stores before... even for G3s!  I'm such a skunk.

I do that, too.  :blush:  doesn't matter if it's g3.  Doesn't matter if it's something I already have.  If it's a pony, I will keep my eye on you.
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 18, 2014, 11:08:21 PM »
Hehe well this makes me the oddball but usually he more beat up a pony is the more I adore it because I remember the rough childhood my ponies had. I also totally let children play with mine. :P

Hmm something strange I have done is to overpay for a G1 BBE pony just because my wife hates them. Then I set it up beside her at night and woke to her yelling and throwing it across the room. Def worth $5. :lol:
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Elfie

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #62 on: February 19, 2014, 12:38:38 PM »
 :blush:  I made my boyfriend go back into toys r us for ponies after he finished buying transformers for himself.  To be fair though he makes me check the transformer aisle when I go shopping for ponies.

Offline LordBlumiere

• keykid in a police box
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • doctor heart stealer
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #63 on: February 20, 2014, 01:49:03 AM »
I, uh... well, my sister also collects, but ever since she's gotten into Pokemon recently I've been trading her my old Pokemon stuff for her ponies... I feel almost guilty but--Ponies! My ponies! *grabby hands*
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

they/them, he/him, xie/xir/xirs
grail: princess silver swirl (original)

Siavain

« Reply #64 on: February 20, 2014, 02:59:56 PM »
^  yeah... I confess.. I've followed people around thrift stores before... even for G3s!  I'm such a skunk.

I do that, too.  :blush:  doesn't matter if it's g3.  Doesn't matter if it's something I already have.  If it's a pony, I will keep my eye on you.

I'm kind of guilty of doing that too, especially on car boot sales...  :lol:
Once I saw a woman snatch a pony literally from under my nose and I stayed around for a couple of minutes hoping she would put it down. She didn't. You can imagine my dissapointment  :P

Offline doxiechic16

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 20, 2014, 04:08:15 PM »
Even though my boyfriend and I have separate checking accounts and we both have a good amount of disposable income for our mutually hobbies, I'm really secretive about how often I buy ponies (and how much I spend on some of them).  When I receive pony mail, I open the packages in secret and promptly throw away the box and packing materials.  Then I just pretend like I've always had that pony if my boyfriend sees me with it........ :ninja:  :lookround:

He honestly probably wouldn't care or even judge me, I just feel embarrassed about it sometimes! 

Emerald Treasure

« Reply #66 on: February 20, 2014, 04:18:53 PM »
If I buy a pony while out with relatives, I'll smuggle it into the house under my father's nose. :D

tinyblondie

« Reply #67 on: February 20, 2014, 04:50:09 PM »
My Dad absolutely HATES my MLP collection. But I've never hid it from him, funnily enough his Girlfriend loves MLP too and whenever we see each other (she lives several hours away) we always end up talking about ponies for hours while my Dad compalins in the background.

Its a funny little pastime ^^

Emerald Treasure

« Reply #68 on: February 23, 2014, 07:34:40 PM »
My brother went into my room to turn out the lights when I was away once. When I got back this was our conversation.

Me: Were you in my room?

Him: Yeah, you left the light on. How did you know?

Me: The mirror on Twilight's castle was spun around the wrong way. I always keep the reflecting side facing inward.

Offline Roseprincess1

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 23, 2014, 08:09:08 PM »
Fortunately, I don't have any children. I'm fine with older kids, but babies and especially toddlers are not my thing. I'd probably love any kids of my own, but I'd rather watch your Mastiff than your little ones.

People rearranging or taking my stuff bothers me more than anything else.
Oh i can totally feel you on this one!

Post Merge: February 23, 2014, 08:13:41 PM

My Dad absolutely HATES my MLP collection. But I've never hid it from him, funnily enough his Girlfriend loves MLP too and whenever we see each other (she lives several hours away) we always end up talking about ponies for hours while my Dad compalins in the background.

Its a funny little pastime ^^
why does your father hate your collection?
My father thinks they are adorable.. when i get boxes in the mail he hollers down the hall.. ROSE!! YOUR LIVE STOCK'S HERE!
« Last Edit: February 23, 2014, 08:13:41 PM by Roseprincess1 »

Offline nhal039

• Trade Count: (+171)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 23, 2014, 08:20:33 PM »
Even though my boyfriend and I have separate checking accounts and we both have a good amount of disposable income for our mutually hobbies, I'm really secretive about how often I buy ponies (and how much I spend on some of them).  When I receive pony mail, I open the packages in secret and promptly throw away the box and packing materials.  Then I just pretend like I've always had that pony if my boyfriend sees me with it........ :ninja:  :lookround:

haha me too, although thou I couldn't care less about him knowing there is ponies around i just get scared one day he is going to find out the real cost of some of  my $20 ; )

Offline Foxtale

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 23, 2014, 08:22:33 PM »

He honestly probably wouldn't care or even judge me, I just feel embarrassed about it sometimes! 

I'm totally the same way sometimes. My dad or bf see a pony in my room they're like when did you get that?.... ohh you know.... I've had it for awhile. :P
~Foxtale~

Offline ashes

• Forever Orange Site Mod
  • Trade Count: (+32)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 23, 2014, 08:28:23 PM »
I keep track of my daughters' pony accessories, just in case they turn out to be full-fledge collectors when they are older.  Then they won't have to go through the pain and suffering of locating that ONE elusive barrette or something, lol.

And I've been known to take the fragile ones - like the cardboard wedding invites and such - for safe keeping later on.  Gah, I'm too neurotic over it!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

thanks to jupi for my avi and harvestmoongirl for my siggy!

Check out my website: artbyashes.com

Elfie

« Reply #73 on: February 23, 2014, 10:09:24 PM »
I don't hide my pony collection from anybody I'm close to except maybe my nieces because they don't understand that they're my ponies.  I have a separate set of ponies just for them to play with when they come over, and I buy them their own ponies.    ^.^  And if I'm talking to somebody new that MIGHT judge me about my pony collection, I ask them if their grandma had a doll collection.  I just explain I was never interested in dolls as a child, and my ponies are my collection.  Everybody is a geek about something, so I always flip things around on people.  When people pick on me for being a Dungeons and Dragons nerd, I explain that there's football fans out there that spout off numbers and statistics just as bad as some geeks I know...so essentially they're a sports geek.  People seem to get it when I explain it that way.

Offline Starfall

• Colorswirl Pony
  • Keeping Australia Post afloat
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 24, 2014, 12:17:39 AM »
This weekend I cleaned up all my G3, G2 and G3.5s with the intent of selling them.  They're now shiny and clean and packed away for Baby Starfall, whenever she may arrive. Or a niece. Or whatever.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Tinsel rehairer extraordinaire!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal