collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Confessions of a Pony Hoarder...  (Read 3601 times)

Emerald Treasure

• Trade Count: (0)
Confessions of a Pony Hoarder...
« on: February 16, 2014, 07:08:14 PM »
I saw  a thread called "You know you're addicted to ponies when...", and I thought it would be fun to do something similar. One catch though, it has to be negative. Something embarrassing or weird. I'll start:

I know ponies are children's toys, but I cannot stand to see children playing with them. I always assume that they're being mistreated. If I actually DID see one being mistreated, I would probably steal it. > : D

Offline OctoberFlash

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • I like to eat things and brush ponies!
    • View Profile
Re: Confessions of a Pony Hoarder...
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2014, 07:17:20 PM »
I love to brush my ponies and wash their hair. :blush: I have to tell friends it's because I need to do that to keep them looking nice on display. I mean, that's part of it, but the truth is it's just enjoyable to me...
Click here for my wishlist!

Every puzzle has an answer :)

Offline gabumon

• Daddy Sweet Celebrations
  • Trade Count: (+92)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • mostly papercrafting
    • View Profile
    • Netroids
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2014, 07:18:42 PM »
I wanted the exclusive g4 Sweeite Swirl SO bad, that I bought my daughter Raritys Carosel Boutique, and sneakily opened it, removed Sweetie Swirl, replaced her with LuLu Luck and... Repacked it and gave it to her for Christmas... She still. Doesn't. Know.  It's, been like two years.

Offline MorningGlorysParadise82

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2014, 07:24:25 PM »
It's a positive and a negative:
when you feel bad for buying yourself a pony so you buy TWO so your daughter can have one too even though you really didn't have the funds for either! LOL
Live as though the world is as it should be, to show what it can be.
Want List/My Ponydex/Ref.sheet

Offline InkyMilk

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2014, 07:25:51 PM »
I really really wanted the FS Pinkie Pie that came with the black car. So I purchased the set and replaced the Pinkie with a regular FS Pinkie. I took all her accessories too. I'm going to give it as a gift to my cousin for her birthday in May...

Emerald Treasure

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2014, 07:31:06 PM »
I don't know anyone who likes ponies besides me. Even if I did, it would be physically impossible to buy them something that I didn't have. Another weird thing is that my ponies can't share a shelf with anything else. If someone were to put a MH doll in with my ponies, I would kill them with it.

Offline gabumon

• Rapunzel Pony
  • mostly papercrafting
    • View Profile
    • Netroids
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2014, 07:31:30 PM »
when you feel bad for buying yourself a pony so you buy TWO so your daughter can have one too even though you really didn't have the funds for either! LOL

I do that too!  D8

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2014, 07:33:21 PM »
I wanted the exclusive g4 Sweeite Swirl SO bad, that I bought my daughter Raritys Carosel Boutique, and sneakily opened it, removed Sweetie Swirl, replaced her with LuLu Luck and... Repacked it and gave it to her for Christmas... She still. Doesn't. Know.  It's, been like two years.

How evil :lol:

Offline gabumon

• Rapunzel Pony
  • mostly papercrafting
    • View Profile
    • Netroids
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2014, 07:35:40 PM »

I know!!  Should I tell her some day?  Like at her high school graduation! :P

I really really wanted the FS Pinkie Pie that came with the black car. So I purchased the set and replaced the Pinkie with a regular FS Pinkie. I took all her accessories too. I'm going to give it as a gift to my cousin for her birthday in May...

I'd totally do that...wait...

Emerald Treasure

« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2014, 07:50:59 PM »
Is it strange that I don't regret snarling at people who are getting grabby with my ponies one bit? One day I'll probably cause a little kid to cry, but my ponies are more defenseless then they are.

Kiwigirl

« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2014, 09:19:27 PM »
If I see ponies with tail rust, hair cuts or really tangled hair I immediately feel like they were abused and had a hard life.
I just want to love them and make them all better (I haven't ever restored a pony, I want to though)

LuckyTwirlerina

« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2014, 10:18:21 PM »
There's been a steady trickle of G3s and my local Value Village, and they tend to be pretty ratty and abused. When I clean them up I always make sure to kiss them on the nose and assure them that they're safe now.  :blush:

Offline Sanadaookami

• Trade Count: (+63)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2014, 10:35:01 PM »
I was once browsing a large flea market and one vender had closed super early for that day but I could clearly see a big bin of G1's in there area. I knew I would not be able to come back the next day so I hopped the rope just to take a look -they were clearly priced and there were so many I needed. So I stashed the money for them +a bit extra and a note about what I bought where they would find it when they opened, but no one else could see and took the whole bin home :x

Offline prancingstag

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2014, 11:31:13 PM »
I've recently run out of room for ponies - they took over the entire top of my tallboy, were lined up in front of my books on the bookcase, took up the shelf on my desk hutch, and spilled out into taking over another shelf on the other bookcase in the spare room. I have a large square container which is stuffed full of vehicles and train tracks. I also have all the smaller accessories kept in individual little boxes, of which I have so many, I need a huge box to store all the little boxes in :shocked:

My solution... I've taken all my books off the bookcase and am going to devote it entirely to ponies. Four shelves worth, and I still think they might fill it up completely! >_< Now I have to buy another bookcase to put all the books back on... Poor books, they lived on the shelf for a whole year before I started collecting, and now they've been shoved aside as the second priority. ^^; They probably won't even have rest from ponies on the second bookcase, I'm eyeing a design that has five shelves instead of four, so I can have the current four shelves of books and another for pony...

And that might sort me out for now, but what am I going to do in a year's time? Or more? How many ponies is too many, anyway? I didn't think I'd be into the "I need a pony room!" phase after only three years, and I've still got a whole life of collecting ahead of me. :blink: Kinda frightening when I think about the numbers of tiny equines I might end up surrounded by.

Offline Einhornbaby

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+124)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://einhornbaby.contract-killers.de
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2014, 11:48:58 PM »

I do that too!  D8

haha, In confess, I did so too XD

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal