collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Embarrassing pony moments!  (Read 4676 times)

Offline LordBlumiere

• keykid in a police box
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • doctor heart stealer
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
Embarrassing pony moments!
« on: February 02, 2014, 10:51:09 AM »
These can be mistakes you've made, mishaps you've had, or moments where you just can't keep your pony love back and end up embarrassing those around you! What are your most embarrassing pony moments?

I literally just had one which prompted me to create this thread--a friend of mine sent me a picture of a G1 thing she found and I nearly flipped my lid! She had to tell me to calm down ^^;
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

they/them, he/him, xie/xir/xirs
grail: princess silver swirl (original)

Offline Marlin

• Trade Count: (+48)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Embarrassing pony moments!
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2014, 12:27:38 PM »
oooh... biggest (shamefaced and devastating) mishap I've had was accidentally ruining the very nice magic message symbols on a G1 Mirror Mirror. I was wearing gloves and didn't realise how hot the water had got as I was washing her... nor that I was holding her by the butt, therefore rubbing her symbols. I still feel teary thinking about it  :cry:

More recently, my sis-in-law annouced she is going to hold an 80's themed house warming. The first thing that burst out of my mouth was 'Do you want me to bring some ponies? I could go as a pony!'  :facepalm:   What's worse... is now she expects me too  XD  (I am totally not into dress ups at all.....)

Offline Teddy

• MLP Tales Goddess
  • Trade Count: (+76)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Mother of Ducks
    • View Profile
    • Teddy's Place
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2014, 12:40:38 PM »
....my SS Wind Whistler has pink flocking on her head due to a me being careless while re-pinking her mane.  :blush:

Click HERE to visit my MLP Tales site!

BowtieG1

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2014, 12:44:08 PM »
I bought a G4 Glitter Wysteria from TRU who had hair caught in her neck plug, so I pulled off her head and ended up breaking the seal.

I ended up having to get my boyfriend to hot glue the neck seal back on and  it the took about 10 tries to get the head back on. She now has drippy glue around her neck... but at least she has a head ;n;.

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2014, 12:46:20 PM »
My first custom was an embarrassment that I like to pretend didn't happen :lol:
My Wish List

Offline SeashellnBubbles

• Trade Count: (+170)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Tears are the last refuge of the damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2014, 12:46:58 PM »
I was at dinner at a nice restaurant with my BF and some family and friends (from his side, so they didn't know me very well) We had just finished talking about how he and i wouldn't be having kids or getting married, and his brother's friend asked us why. Just as he asked this i went into my jacket poocket for some chapstick and pulled out some things that were in my way...including Sweetie Swirl. He pointed at the pony and said "That's why!" And laughed himself stupid! Everyone had a good giggle about it and it started a conversation about cherished childhood toys which everyone enjoyed, so it turned out to be a rather fun night full of very great stories and memories for everyone...all thanks to a little pink unicorn :)

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2014, 12:55:52 PM »
oooh... biggest (shamefaced and devastating) mishap I've had was accidentally ruining the very nice magic message symbols on a G1 Mirror Mirror. I was wearing gloves and didn't realise how hot the water had got as I was washing her... nor that I was holding her by the butt, therefore rubbing her symbols.

I did something very similar.  I got two MM ponies in a lot that were incredibly grimy but had working symbols - who I then doused in hot water.  I watched in horror as Mirror Mirror's symbols slid off of her and frantically took them out of the hot water right away but it was too late.  Poor ponies.

There was also that one time I found 100+ g1s at the thrift store all at once.  I was bounding around the store; I was so excited.  That was a little embarrassing.  :blush:
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

Offline NoPonySpecial

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Beyond the last visible dog, you will see infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2014, 01:23:30 PM »
I tried for longer than I care to say trying to get a charm bracelet around Princess Rinse 'n Spit's neck - I wanted it to be very tight around the seal, to hide the head/body mismatch. Struggled with the clasp for SO long...it had to be nearly an hour (I sound so stupid!) (but to be fair, I think certain jewelry clasps were designed by the devil!) Finally it occurred to me I could just take her head off, slip the bracelet on, and pop the head back on. Whole thing took like seven seconds.  :shocked:  :blush:

Also, never really believed people about not using Magic Erasers on pony eyes and symbols, because the few times I couldn't avoid the painted parts, nothing seemed to happen. So I scrubbed trying to get a stain off of Daffidazey's foot, and lo and behold, her hoof heart came nearly off!  >_< If it were a pony I planned to keep, I wouldn't care, but she's in the sale pile, and it's hard enough to sell G3s anyway. Oh well. At least it wasn't a rare one.
So take it from me, no magic erasers on pony paint!
I'll put something here some time

Offline HelloGoodbye

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2014, 03:44:34 PM »
My first G1 Milky Way had a few interesting moments.  I had just scrubbed her up, and decided that I really ought to take her head off to make sure she dried out well.  For the life of me, I couldn't get her head off  >_<!  No matter what I tried, it was just stuck.  So I asked my brother to try to loosen it up with his pocket knife (I think you can see where this is headed), and I neglected to mention that ponies have neck rings that you need to be careful of.  For some strange reason I just assumed that he knew?  So poor Milky Way was practically beheaded.  I stopped him before he cut all the way through, but she has a massive slit in her neck ring now (you can't see it, thankfully).  I was so worried that I had "ruined" her, and that she would end up with some horrible mold epidemic or tail rust since I couldn't get her head off.  Actually, I wound up crying for a minute (I was very stressed anyway about some other stuff, so it was the straw that broke the camels back).  The whole fiasco was certainly embarrassing, and the fact that I cried just makes it worse.  -_-

Thanks to Nence for my adoptable!

Offline kissthethunder

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • shifting through the maples for Oakley
    • View Profile
    • http://kiss-the-thunder.deviantart.com/
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2014, 04:59:38 PM »
My first custom was an embarrassment that I like to pretend didn't happen :lol:

this v,v

scrub-adub

« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2014, 05:19:34 PM »
I acedetallu partally defloked my first so soft and thoght the seller did it....
Oh well

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk

Offline gabumon

• Daddy Sweet Celebrations
  • Trade Count: (+92)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • mostly papercrafting
    • View Profile
    • Netroids
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2014, 05:35:49 PM »
gave Quarterback a mane and tail cut.
:(

scrub-adub

« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2014, 05:52:40 PM »
*Gasp*

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk

Offline Lorelei Redfern

• Sprinkles Obsessed
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2014, 06:46:50 PM »
well in 2012  i    went to dollar gneral and bought every single playfull pony they had in stock.. o.o >.>  one   had    5 and hte other  had  6. or so i manged to get all the playfull ponys in liliy blossoms wave except her well at hte  scond  dollar genreal.  i had  already snagged all the ponys ther  and  was walkign and  just happned to glance over  and hidden behidn soemthing else  i saw the  MY anda   pink heart and i'm  like.. thats a pony so i pulled it  up and it was honeybuzz  (the last one i needed)  so i started bouncing around    and   exclaiming really happily to a   employee. 

in hindsight proably nto a good idea.. lol

Offline gabumon

• Daddy Sweet Celebrations
  • Trade Count: (+92)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • mostly papercrafting
    • View Profile
    • Netroids
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2014, 07:00:54 PM »
^ what's to regret about that!!! XD