collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Embarrassing pony moments!  (Read 4642 times)

Offline Sanadaookami

• Trade Count: (+63)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Embarrassing pony moments!
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2014, 07:30:38 PM »
My first custom was an embarrassment that I like to pretend didn't happen :lol:

this v,v

lol I think that's most of us XD The concept for my fist one was nice but her eyes weren't good and her symbol could barely be seen- and then she got sticky XD

Offline ponycake

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2014, 08:12:13 PM »
I'm totally a closet fan for MLP and always have been, so when my ex bf or even my mom sometimes would tell someone that I collect fanatically and have a room stuffed with them, I would get embarrassed! Let me decide who to tell that, thanks. :P Just something I want control over.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Check out my art thread here

WTB: US MIB Birthday Pony

Offline Lorelei Redfern

• Sprinkles Obsessed
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2014, 08:43:55 PM »
^ what's to regret about that!!! XD

unless you mean your pocket book.
:P

lol i was clutching the honeybuzz tightly.. and acitng like a little kid XD

Offline Shy Violet

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2014, 09:31:43 PM »
I spotted an Applejack and Star Dreams Sweet Slumbers set halfway across the store and almost knocked a lady over as I ran over to it squealing and snatched it off the shelf. This was after they were long gone from store shelves and before I found Taobao. I wasn't collecting yet when I bought the set for my daughter and then I started collecting and couldn't find it for months. Anyway, my sister was with me and thought I was insane  :P

Offline Sarah-Bee

• Alice Cooper's Minion Pony
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2014, 12:08:50 AM »

This!

Also, back in 'the day' when Dream Valley was the main go-to place online for info, they had on there a "mystery pony" named "Pretty Bow" who was basically only rumored to exist. I found an auction for a lot that included her on ebay and went mental for her, getting up at 3am to bid and what-not.

Fast forward to the Arena and I find out she Argie Flutterbye and relatively easy to come by, especially in baity condition like mine :P

I still call her Pretty Bow to this day :silly:

Offline ponycake

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2014, 12:25:43 AM »

This!

Also, back in 'the day' when Dream Valley was the main go-to place online for info, they had on there a "mystery pony" named "Pretty Bow" who was basically only rumored to exist. I found an auction for a lot that included her on ebay and went mental for her, getting up at 3am to bid and what-not.

Fast forward to the Arena and I find out she Argie Flutterbye and relatively easy to come by, especially in baity condition like mine :P

Pretty Bow is a super adorable name. ^.^

Check out my art thread here

WTB: US MIB Birthday Pony

Offline SeashellnBubbles

• Trade Count: (+170)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Tears are the last refuge of the damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2014, 08:22:02 AM »
Oh! I just thought of another one :)
My BF and I have our own TV show and one day we were in the editing room with our producer. I'd just picked up a super large box of G4's that i'd gotten off Kijiji and it included all of the earlier release brushables as well as Twilight's balloon and large talking pink Celestia...and the batteries were still in them! Our producer has her own collections so she gets it, and REALLY wanted to see the "new" style of MLP. My BF rolled his eyes...he isn't ashamed of my collection and he doesn't put me down for it, but he really doesn't like me talking about them with other people because he thinks it makes me look nuts :lol:
Well, our producer LOVED them and insisted on pulling out all 25 or so and proudly displaying them all over the editing room! I know she did it as much to get Chris' goat as to see them all, and we spent the rest of the day bugging him and playing with the ponies while getting the work done! Every once in a while one of us would press Celestia's button and "My wings are so pretty!" Would echo through the entire place, drawing stares and more visits from other random employees...the BF was mortified!!

Offline reanna-mator

• Trade Count: (+87)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Feminist novelist pony
    • View Profile
    • http://reannaking.deviantart.com
« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2014, 08:23:30 AM »
oooh... biggest (shamefaced and devastating) mishap I've had was accidentally ruining the very nice magic message symbols on a G1 Mirror Mirror. I was wearing gloves and didn't realise how hot the water had got as I was washing her... nor that I was holding her by the butt, therefore rubbing her symbols. I still feel teary thinking about it  :cry:

More recently, my sis-in-law annouced she is going to hold an 80's themed house warming. The first thing that burst out of my mouth was 'Do you want me to bring some ponies? I could go as a pony!'  :facepalm:   What's worse... is now she expects me too  XD  (I am totally not into dress ups at all.....)

I ruined the symbols on a Cloud Dreamer... she wasn't in great shape to start with but I still feel awful. I'm still deciding whether to just paint on new, non-changing symbols and continue restoring her, or to bait her and get a replacement.
Breast cancer warrior.  :enraged: I'm now cancer free!

My Wishlist! Help me finish US G1! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,386264.0.html

Offline mlpkatie

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2014, 09:09:18 AM »
Back to my first year of collecting.

"Oh, I'm sure if I wash Tux's hair his original curl will come back!"

No. No they didn't. 

:cry:

« Last Edit: February 03, 2014, 09:12:12 AM by BabyPosey »

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2014, 11:26:49 AM »
Finding out a pony you thought for years had fading pink hair and therefor passed up a lot of times because you wanted one with nice pink hair actually was supposed to have white hair all along...  :drunk:

Offline rybett

• Mintylicious Midwest Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2014, 11:49:31 AM »
^^Oh no!!!^^  That stinks NoDi!
Yep, those early customs.  Learning curve though...
:socks:   :frog:

Offline SeashellnBubbles

• Trade Count: (+170)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Tears are the last refuge of the damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 03, 2014, 12:18:24 PM »
Finding out a pony you thought for years had fading pink hair and therefor passed up a lot of times because you wanted one with nice pink hair actually was supposed to have white hair all along...  :drunk:

It goes the other way, too! So proud of how white my pony's hair was, only to find out it's supposed to be PINK! Lol :)

Offline UrocyonFox

• Zombie BBE Pony
  • Trade Count: (+142)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Urocyonfox's Artwork
« Reply #27 on: February 03, 2014, 12:34:09 PM »
Finding a hoard of Fashion style AJs at a Walmart and saying "Why would Aj be a fashion pony? Shes not into Fashion, Rarity I understand but AJ is just silly" I did not buy a one. I was not aware fashion style was referring more to the size of her..... This was when I first got into g4s so looking back now I smack my face every time I see a fashion style at Walmart.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 03, 2014, 02:06:22 PM »

This!

£11 for a "rare white haired Lickety Split" *head desk*
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

LuckyTwirlerina

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #29 on: February 03, 2014, 03:02:17 PM »
Thought my G3 Chocolate Delight was developing some tail rust, so went to pop her head off and clean her out (one of the later G3s with no glue), but her plastic was so thin and brittle that her neck ring tore, leaving her beheaded, and none of the glues I have seem to be holding her together!  :cry:

~~~

Coming back to add, I just spent four hours trying to find an Octavia fansong I heard when my friend was playing Everfree Radio on the weekend because it got stuck in my head. Turns out of was just a modified cover of a really well known one.  :blink:
« Last Edit: February 03, 2014, 05:04:13 PM by LuckyTwirlerina »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal