collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: NY Toy Fair 2014  (Read 31509 times)

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
Re: NY Toy Fair 2014
« Reply #270 on: February 16, 2014, 07:32:12 AM »
Is 'having to buy a doll' for a pony really so painful? Sounds awesome to me. :c

It is if you don't want the doll but you will now have to pay 2-3 times the price if you want the pony. 
yes it is, I've been in that situation and I even though what I was buying with a doll wasn't costly if you don't want the doll in the first place it clutter and sometime you can't get your money back. Personally I am NOT a doll buyer.. No space and no interest, the only dolls I bought was the Pinkie Coopers and I only bought 2 and really don't have much interest in them. Pretty much in those sets you are buying the doll and the pony is supposed to be a bonus... I much rather pay for the pony than the doll =/ it's not cool to have to pay for something you don't want in the first place just to get the item in the package you do want.
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

CottonTALE

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #271 on: February 16, 2014, 07:35:43 AM »
I'm sure i'll have to look into going to Taobao to get the doll-exclusive ponies... As much as I love them, I made a promise this year to only buy basic brushables and Princess brushables for everything other than Fluttershy (she is still fair game for buying anything of her)

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: February 16, 2014, 07:47:42 AM »
Is 'having to buy a doll' for a pony really so painful? Sounds awesome to me. :c

Yes, it's very awesome to pay 30€ for something that would have otherwise cost 5€. EQG dolls are impossible to resell on German ebay, they never make back what they cost. I love Monster High dolls and I already know Photo Finish without the pony won't be worth the money I'd otherwise pay for a deluxe Monster High doll x__x

Okay, so for now I want Photo Finish and Strawberry Dots. That's 35€ just for two brushies. 25€ more than I should have spent. Again, that's an entire deluxe Monster High doll. No wonder Hasbro can claim the dolls are selling so well if they resort to cheap tactics and put new brushies with the dolls.

Offline Twilight Pink

• TwinkieMomo
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Green Day
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: February 16, 2014, 08:35:04 AM »
I am freaking out right now!
Glad i'm not the only one!  :biggrin:
Oh no!
avi by kittywhiskers :kyo: .

Offline Flitter

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: February 16, 2014, 08:43:17 AM »
Some more pics
http://www.flickr.com/photos/insidethemagic/sets/72157641047148983/
Ponies start towards the bottom of the page and onto pg.2

Also, did anyone post Stitch Kingdom's video?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QG-c7sD7U74

Offline Aquatic Neon

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #275 on: February 16, 2014, 08:44:40 AM »
I do feel bad for the blind bag collectors since there is only like 4 new ponies in that wave, but at least there was some new ones in the background of the later pictures with solid bodies, maybe those are wave 11 or possibly another one of those big walmart or toysrus sets.

Anybody know when the toy fair opens again today? I' very anxious to see new stuff (crossing my fingers)
« Last Edit: February 16, 2014, 08:48:51 AM by Aquatic Neon »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

For Sale Wants

Star Spark

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #276 on: February 16, 2014, 08:48:31 AM »

It is if you don't want the doll but you will now have to pay 2-3 times the price if you want the pony. 
yes it is, I've been in that situation and I even though what I was buying with a doll wasn't costly if you don't want the doll in the first place it clutter and sometime you can't get your money back. Personally I am NOT a doll buyer.. No space and no interest, the only dolls I bought was the Pinkie Coopers and I only bought 2 and really don't have much interest in them. Pretty much in those sets you are buying the doll and the pony is supposed to be a bonus... I much rather pay for the pony than the doll =/ it's not cool to have to pay for something you don't want in the first place just to get the item in the package you do want.

Agreeing with this. In addition to the money issue, I personally do not like dolls (never have) and do not have the space for more "extra" toys- I understand toy companies want to make money, but this is so blatant I can't tell if it's meant to try to trick people into buying the EQ dolls and hoping they'll like them enough to buy more, or to just irritate pony only collectors to the point that we leave entirely. Perhaps both.

Offline Sora

• Pokémon Master
  • Trade Count: (+17)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: February 16, 2014, 08:51:29 AM »

I agree. The dolls are hideous in my opinion, and way overpriced. If I wanted a pony which came packaged with one of the dolls (luckily I do not) I would be well unimpressed if I had to buy a doll to get the pony.
Also agreeing. To me, the dolls are absolutely repulsive. If I wanted dolls, I'd collect Barbie or Monster High. Not to mention the drastic price increase since I'm in the UK.

Aqua Heart custom by Kitkumi!

Offline Aquatic Neon

• View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #278 on: February 16, 2014, 08:55:30 AM »
Some more pics
Ponies start towards the bottom of the page and onto pg.2

Also, did anyone post Stitch Kingdom's video?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QG-c7sD7U74
Thanks!
Crazy eyes Photo Finish and Octavia

Is that Ivy EQG doll?

Close up on the playset

Good View of Adagio's pony which she looks like the new villian so I'm guessing well get her pony.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2014, 08:57:30 AM by Aquatic Neon »

For Sale Wants

Offline MoonShadow

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
    • Youtube!
« Reply #279 on: February 16, 2014, 09:07:25 AM »
Looking through the new HD pictures, I do not think they had the entire "Pony" range there.  Reporters from one of the overseas fairs mentioned more blind bag sized packs and a restaurant playset with Pinkie and Mrs. Cake.  I also do not see the translucent Luna or Twilight originally pictured with the big castle.  That "special edition" Twilight displayed with the castle looks just like the 10 Princess Twilight Sparkles already released....  >_<

I am truly hoping we will see more and they were just pushing Equestria Girls and Pops as they are new.  Three new brushables this year as opposed to the five displayed last year... The new Equestria Girls are vastly improved; however, they won't hold a candle to the competition until Hasbro bites the bullet and articulates them... They've actually regressed in that aspect.

I am most disappointed in the TRU line...  I can't believe they ditched the favorites collection in favor of whatever that mess is.  They look even worse up close... Target, can you please pick up the slack?

Just to add... I cannot believe we *still* have not seen a proper Big Mac and Granny Smith.  They are featured every other episode...

Offline Aquatic Neon

• View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #280 on: February 16, 2014, 09:09:05 AM »
Looking through the new HD pictures, I do not think they had the entire "Pony" range there.  Reporters from one of the overseas fairs mentioned more blind bag sized packs and a restaurant playset with Pinkie and Mrs. Cake.  I also do not see the translucent Luna or Twilight originally pictured with the big castle.  That "special edition" Twilight displayed with the castle looks just like the 10 Princess Twilight Sparkles already released....  >_<

I am truly hoping we will see more and they were just pushing Equestria Girls and Pops as they are new.  Three new brushables this year as opposed to the five displayed last year... The new Equestria Girls are vastly improved; however, they won't hold a candle to the competition until Hasbro bites the bullet and articulates them... They've actually regressed in that aspect.

I am most disappointed in the TRU line...  I can't believe they ditched the favorites collection in favor of whatever that mess is.  They look even worse up close... Target, can you please pick up the slack?

Just to add... I cannot believe we *still* have not seen a proper Big Mac and Granny Smith.  They are featured every other episode...

I think you missed the hasbro MLP booth all of those pictures and links are eariler in the thread. including breezies, Holly Dash, Snowglobe Princesses etc.

Although I'm hoping for more today

For Sale Wants

Offline Zapper

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: February 16, 2014, 09:11:36 AM »
Some more pics

I love you for linking to this! I'm not active anymore in the TF fandom so I don't know what's going on anymore, but while scrolling for ponies I saw my most favorite Autobot ever getting a new release and I'm in heaven now!
Ok, I won't be getting Photo Finish doll/pony at all. I'll save my money for ~*Skyfire*~ XD

Offline Strawberry Swirl

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • #1 Rainbow Dash Kinnie
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: February 16, 2014, 09:12:15 AM »
Okay, but is anybody else seriously enthusiastic about doll Zecora's hairstyle?!

I never thought I'd see a shaved hairstyle on a children's toy. People are so weird about alternate hairstyles. She almost looks like me, to be honest!
Sorry not sorry. I just really like alternative hairdos like that.
WishlistChecklistSalesPonysonaCommissions

Offline Lunar Dust

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: February 16, 2014, 09:12:38 AM »
Good View of Adagio's pony which she looks like the new villian so I'm guessing well get her pony.

Not a fan of Adagio's look but love the look of her friends or bandmates. The blue one I am getting but may get both.

Love all the pictures people are posting, so much new and interesting stuff coming out. Though some stuff is quite surprising and a little weird (poor talking Queen Chrysalis and the main 6 and Celestia with all thoses black markings on them).

Offline Zapper

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: February 16, 2014, 09:13:54 AM »
Okay, but is anybody else seriously enthusiastic about doll Zecora's hairstyle?!

I never thought I'd see a shaved hairstyle on a children's toy. People are so weird about alternate hairstyles. She almost looks like me, to be honest!
Sorry not sorry. I just really like alternative hairdos like that.

http://monsterhigh.wikia.com/wiki/Venus_McFlytrap
Sorry, I had to ;)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal