collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: NY Toy Fair 2014  (Read 31482 times)

Offline Strawberry Swirl

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • #1 Rainbow Dash Kinnie
    • View Profile
Re: NY Toy Fair 2014
« Reply #285 on: February 16, 2014, 09:19:09 AM »

http://monsterhigh.wikia.com/wiki/Venus_McFlytrap
Sorry, I had to ;)

I'd wear the heckie out of that outfit. Except the skirt. :>

Good to see people branching out on character designs.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
WishlistChecklistSalesPonysonaCommissions

Offline MoonShadow

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
    • Youtube!
« Reply #286 on: February 16, 2014, 09:20:52 AM »
Looking through the new HD pictures, I do not think they had the entire "Pony" range there.  Reporters from one of the overseas fairs mentioned more blind bag sized packs and a restaurant playset with Pinkie and Mrs. Cake.  I also do not see the translucent Luna or Twilight originally pictured with the big castle.  That "special edition" Twilight displayed with the castle looks just like the 10 Princess Twilight Sparkles already released....  >_<

I am truly hoping we will see more and they were just pushing Equestria Girls and Pops as they are new.  Three new brushables this year as opposed to the five displayed last year... The new Equestria Girls are vastly improved; however, they won't hold a candle to the competition until Hasbro bites the bullet and articulates them... They've actually regressed in that aspect.

I am most disappointed in the TRU line...  I can't believe they ditched the favorites collection in favor of whatever that mess is.  They look even worse up close... Target, can you please pick up the slack?

Just to add... I cannot believe we *still* have not seen a proper Big Mac and Granny Smith.  They are featured every other episode...

I think you missed the hasbro MLP booth all of those pictures and links are eariler in the thread. including breezies, Holly Dash, Snowglobe Princesses etc.

Although I'm hoping for more today

I saw them and it was so disappointing!  Unless the Castle Twilight/Luna are those snow globe things... They looked a bit more opaque in the stock photos.

Offline Aquatic Neon

• Trade Count: (+86)
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #287 on: February 16, 2014, 09:21:22 AM »

Sorry, I had to ;)

See that is awesome, why can't MH stick to making the dolls which they are better at. And MLP stick to making ponies which is what it's all about! #stopthisEQGbs

Post Merge: February 16, 2014, 09:22:53 AM

Looking through the new HD pictures, I do not think they had the entire "Pony" range there.  Reporters from one of the overseas fairs mentioned more blind bag sized packs and a restaurant playset with Pinkie and Mrs. Cake.  I also do not see the translucent Luna or Twilight originally pictured with the big castle.  That "special edition" Twilight displayed with the castle looks just like the 10 Princess Twilight Sparkles already released....  >_<

I am truly hoping we will see more and they were just pushing Equestria Girls and Pops as they are new.  Three new brushables this year as opposed to the five displayed last year... The new Equestria Girls are vastly improved; however, they won't hold a candle to the competition until Hasbro bites the bullet and articulates them... They've actually regressed in that aspect.

I am most disappointed in the TRU line...  I can't believe they ditched the favorites collection in favor of whatever that mess is.  They look even worse up close... Target, can you please pick up the slack?

Just to add... I cannot believe we *still* have not seen a proper Big Mac and Granny Smith.  They are featured every other episode...

I think you missed the hasbro MLP booth all of those pictures and links are eariler in the thread. including breezies, Holly Dash, Snowglobe Princesses etc.

Although I'm hoping for more today

I saw them and it was so disappointing!  Unless the Castle Twilight/Luna are those snow globe things... They looked a bit more opaque in the stock photos.
These are the snow globe ponies
« Last Edit: February 16, 2014, 09:22:53 AM by Aquatic Neon »

For Sale Wants

Offline Twilight Pink

• TwinkieMomo
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Green Day
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: February 16, 2014, 09:26:02 AM »
They're finally wearing they're box art? :P

Can't wait to see these in stores...hopefully  :P

And what the heck are snowglobe ponies? :huh: can you shake em up and glitter float inside of them? :P
Oh no!
avi by kittywhiskers :kyo: .

Offline okamigirl64

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
  • "I used to wonder what friendship could be."
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: February 16, 2014, 09:28:24 AM »
They're finally wearing they're box art? :P

Can't wait to see these in stores...hopefully  :P

And what the heck are snowglobe ponies? :huh: can you shake em up and glitter float inside of them? :P

I think I might have to get these. I think that they are actually cute compared to the ones the first released.

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: February 16, 2014, 09:29:05 AM »
Oh my gosh!!!! So much new things!!!! I see some that I have to get and some of them are just out of this world! WOW!!!  :)

Iris Patch

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #291 on: February 16, 2014, 09:33:49 AM »
This is what I think of when I see the "punk rock/KISS" ponies:

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: February 16, 2014, 09:35:02 AM »
Here is another video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2IedyQJHqA8&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D2IedyQJHqA8&app=desktop [apologies if linked and missed]

Sorry guys but that's the Hasbro MLP "PONY SECTION" pitch. [and yes I have to put that in caps because the EQG gets the same length of pitch now as the ponies do *eye roll*]. There is nothing else going to pop up.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Roogna

• Trade Count: (+594)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://roogna.deviantart.com
« Reply #293 on: February 16, 2014, 09:36:31 AM »
yay, more stuff I don't collect (sarcasm)

well, I will probably get the giant chrysalis with clear wings :) even if I don't like her "outfit" that much and it's still really sad the way they're doing her "holes"
the clear "Sparkle" ones I'll have to see in person first, and I wonder how hard they will be to customize/rehair

while I don't collect EQG I do like the rocker theme and am tempted by Trixie and possibly Zecora....but probably won't get them since I don't collect EQD

I don't care for the breezies, but I didn't care for them in G3 either
the "gothic" ponies look like they're trying way to hard...

*SIGH* I would like to buy some actual brushable new characters Hasbro....like Holly Dash (?), I will probably buy her if she is sold by herself or at least with another PONY

DeviantArt Etsy

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: February 16, 2014, 09:42:08 AM »

Sorry, I had to ;)

Yeah, the only thing good that has come out of all those Monster High wannabe dolls is the fact that they get bolder designs than a few years ago.
It's like toy companies are slooowwwlllyyy understanding that girls are not all the same and that they also want dolls that represent various personalities and therefore various styles. I just wish they'd also understand that girls want to be able to play witht heir dolls, not just dress them. Zecora looks like zebra Jesus with her stiff arms spread out like that. At least Mattel realized that even little girls are intelligent enough to handle jointed dolls with care. I know some girls in the target audience and they treat their Monster High dolls very well. No lost arms or hands.

EQG will forever be the dumbed down but just as expensive alternative to MH or EAH if they don't start giving them posability and better rooted, quality hair.

If I had kids and they wanted EQG I'd just customize MH or EAH dolls for them. I mean Catrine DeMew looks like a better Rarity anyways :P

Snix

« Reply #295 on: February 16, 2014, 09:53:38 AM »
Here is my shopping cart (i know that 1/2 of that things never arrive to Spain so...)

Pop House of Pinkie (wonderful for photos) , and maybe try one of that customisable sets

Octavia/Vilnyl dolls.

Holly Dash.

Snow Globes

Breezies sets, one or two, althought i dont need moar fluttershys or twiligths on my col

And the Pony Goths. ¡Yes, i love it, problem? XD

« Last Edit: February 16, 2014, 09:55:53 AM by Snix »

CottonTALE

« Reply #296 on: February 16, 2014, 09:56:00 AM »
I am really dissapointed in the lack of actual new characters. But on the bright side, I can use my funding elsewhere to get some of the older releases I didn't have a chance to get and more plushies :D

Okiedokieloki

« Reply #297 on: February 16, 2014, 09:58:12 AM »
Some more pics
http://www.flickr.com/photos/insidethemagic/sets/72157641047148983/

I love you for linking to this! I'm not active anymore in the TF fandom so I don't know what's going on anymore, but while scrolling for ponies I saw my most favorite Autobot ever getting a new release and I'm in heaven now!
Ok, I won't be getting Photo Finish doll/pony at all. I'll save my money for ~*Skyfire*~ XD

I ended up paying more attention to TF than ponies that that photo set too. :lol: All of the new ones look great, I really love the Dinobots. I'm going to have to resist starting another collection. XD

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: February 16, 2014, 10:05:51 AM »
Some more pics
http://www.flickr.com/photos/insidethemagic/sets/72157641047148983/

I love you for linking to this! I'm not active anymore in the TF fandom so I don't know what's going on anymore, but while scrolling for ponies I saw my most favorite Autobot ever getting a new release and I'm in heaven now!
Ok, I won't be getting Photo Finish doll/pony at all. I'll save my money for ~*Skyfire*~ XD

I ended up paying more attention to TF than ponies that that photo set too. :lol: All of the new ones look great, I really love the Dinobots. I'm going to have to resist starting another collection. XD

You know you want to :flirty:

(I'm sorry for being horrible all over this thread)

Offline Aquatic Neon

• Trade Count: (+86)
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #299 on: February 16, 2014, 10:07:11 AM »
Third Breezie a blue one!

For Sale Wants

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal