collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Fashion style applejack? are we ever getting a rerelease?  (Read 3948 times)

Offline babylicketysplit

• Bionic Spine Pony
  • Trade Count: (+49)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • In Spite of your Fear, Do what You have to Do
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
Fashion style applejack? are we ever getting a rerelease?
« on: January 08, 2014, 06:24:02 AM »
 :lookround: :huh:  okay so its been nearly 4 years since they released any form of applejack in fashion style size.  i really would like one for my collection eventually and i dont mind if its a new updated version so the older ones retain collectors value. but dag nabbit i just want one applejack to go with my g1 applejacks LOL  :P

i mean im hoping with this silly rainbow power thing that we will at least see a release of maybe a new applejack mould or crazy colored hair like fluttershy and rarity have been spotted. applejack gets much fewer regular releases than the other ponies of the main 6.  why is this?  leave it to hasbro to release the same 6 ponies over and over but conveniently leave out the one modeled after a g1  :blink: :blush:

has anyone heard anything on this?

Check out my  Esty Shop  and MyEbay Sales!
 (Profits are going to help pay for my Rescue Horse's medical bills) <3
http://myworld.ebay.com/baby_licketysplit
http://www.etsy.com/shop/PoniesAndPets

Offline prancingstag

• Trade Count: (+5)
    • View Profile
Re: Fashion style applejack? are we ever getting a rerelease?
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2014, 06:55:17 AM »
Rainbow Dash was left cold on Fashion Style rereleases until recently in that PFF two-pack with Twilight. Fluttershy has gotten her first rerelease in Rainbow Power. (I'm not counting Design-a-Pony as a fashion style.) Rarity continued to be released in her original form during the Wedding line, and she's also gotten her first updated rerelease in RP. Twilight also only had the one unicorn FS from 2011 until the coronation, and now she has three or four alicorn FS variants. So perhaps there's hope? We haven't seen an RP FS Pinkie Pie as yet, thank god.

I do know that the rainbow tinsel brushable Applejack is part of the second wave of figures, so she'll be out soonish. And the basic Rainbow Rocks dolls have hit shelves already, so I'm guessing her deluxe Stamper doll will come along soon as well. The Rainbow Pony Favourite Set is hitting shelves in some places. And there's also the keychain from 2011 newly released in Rainbow Power packaging. So even if they don't give us a new fashion style AJ she's hardly being shunned in other areas of the toyline. :)

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2014, 07:04:52 AM »
Seems like there is a good chance we'll see a "Rainbow Power" release of AJ- but who knows?

Offline OLumeVaSti

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Grumpy Nesmith should be the next meme.
    • View Profile
    • My Want List
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2014, 08:17:02 AM »
How can you rainbowfie, Rainbow Dash? It is right in her name.  :lol:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My Etsy store for vintage and kitsch items.

Offline babylicketysplit

• Bionic Spine Pony
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2014, 09:18:09 AM »
How can you rainbowfie, Rainbow Dash? It is right in her name.  :lol:

XD  lol have you seen the promo shots?  rd kinda looks like a crazy 80s hairband version of herself. like jem with more red color :P

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2014, 07:41:57 PM »
I do believe she will get another release. Will it be in the Rainbow Power line? Hmmm...I am not sure. But I am sure she will get one eventually - the how and where and how different she will be is a whole other story. But unless they simply do away with the Fashion Style release altogether, I would think she will get squeezed back into the line somehow.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline brighteyes

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • ~Insert Coin, Get Pony~
    • View Profile
    • Brighteye's Notebook
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2014, 09:31:43 PM »
I hope so!  I don't know why she seems to be so unpopular :-(
Many thanks to LordBlumiere for my wonderful avatar  :lovey: Blog  Adoptable Refs

Offline babylicketysplit

• Bionic Spine Pony
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2014, 09:39:51 PM »
i wouldnt say she is unpopular with buyers. considering how much she typically goes for in fashion style size. but she does seem to have a thorn when it comes to hasbro

Cherry_Sunset

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2014, 12:25:37 PM »
I'm really holding out hope that they will make her again. I highly doubt they will release her in original form sadly, she will probably use a Pinkie Pie head mold (or maybe RD, here's hoping!) and probably have different accessories. I think if we keep telling Hasbro that we want her, we might have what happened to Minty, so it's worth a try!

Offline elish2

• Trade Count: (+95)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • As you Wish
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2014, 12:57:14 PM »
don't mean to hijack, but do you think that if they release AJ as a rainbow power pony, will the original AJ hold as high as a value as she does now?
elish22 | eBay
Thanks Kissthethunder for my Avatar!

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2014, 07:42:47 PM »
She won't stay as high as she is right now, no. Some people want every release others would be happy with any FS AJ therefore the latter group decreases how sought after the original would remain. You can see from the loose and without accessory AJ prices that some people just want an FS AJ with or without her accessories.

In how much she the original's value changes it will depends on how much she is changed in a new release. Is she the same just with different accessories? Does she have different hair? Different eyes? The closer she is to the original release, the more she affects the original's value. However, it is very doubtful she will ever be released in the same style packaging with the same accessories so because of how hard to find this release is, she is probably for a long time going to be the most expensive store bought G4 release.
Loa is my love god!

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2014, 02:26:45 AM »
I agree with Cat-

She will probably come down in value some, since some people just want FS Applejack, and may not be concerned with the specifics of her release. 

She would probably drop more if she were really similar to the first release, and maybe less if she were dramatically different (like rainbow fluttershy).  Even then though, I think that the new release of dramatically different fluttershy has still caused a bit of a fall in the price of a regular FS Pony.

My guess is that if she gets a release in the Rainbow Power line-  she will have at the very least, rainbow hair and maybe some extra cutie markes (like rainbow Rarity).  Hopefully also a hat...

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2014, 06:26:30 AM »
She would probably drop more if she were really similar to the first release, and maybe less if she were dramatically different (like rainbow fluttershy).  Even then though, I think that the new release of dramatically different fluttershy has still caused a bit of a fall in the price of a regular FS Pony.

I think this is proof of exactly what will happen, as well. Fluttershy's price has dropped quite a bit in the last month or so since the "very hairy" :P version was confirmed. Despite the differences in the releases, it seems that the very existence of the same pony with some modifications fills the gap.
Loa is my love god!

Offline Lorelei Redfern

• Sprinkles Obsessed
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2014, 08:39:31 AM »
look at  for exacmple  rairty  FS she was what   40  or 50.00   before her re release nad now sehs back at retial i  think
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2014, 09:02:22 AM »
WOW-  I just checked ebay sold auctions for fashion style Fluttershy- and she has been going for WAAAAAAAY lower than I had ever thought!   She was very regularly going for $50 prior to the re-release,  and now there are some that sold for as low as $6.99 and $9.99!

SO I guess no matter what form AJ is released in- her price is very very likely to drop quite a bit.

I guess probably a LOT of people buying fashion style G4 ponies are not necessarily collectors, but rather people who just want SOME representation of the pony in that size.  Very interesting actually...

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal