collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Fashion style applejack? are we ever getting a rerelease?  (Read 3945 times)

Offline elish2

• Trade Count: (+95)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • As you Wish
    • View Profile
Re: Fashion style applejack? are we ever getting a rerelease?
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2014, 09:04:52 AM »
Wow that is quite a price drop... :shocked:
elish22 | eBay
Thanks Kissthethunder for my Avatar!

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2014, 10:03:26 AM »
As Galactica mentions there are some super low prices for her - I think she still hovers around the $30 mark if you factor in some which sell higher as well as those which dont sell at all. But that means the new release has slashed her price in half within a 4 week window.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline elish2

• As you Wish
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2014, 10:54:09 AM »
I like the FS AJ, but in the back of my mind I was holding her as a bargaining chip in case I needed some quick funds. Guess I will have to get a different chip when they release a new one. :)
elish22 | eBay

Offline prancingstag

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2014, 12:45:02 PM »
I like the FS AJ, but in the back of my mind I was holding her as a bargaining chip in case I needed some quick funds. Guess I will have to get a different chip when they release a new one. :)

SDCC :muffin: also experienced a price drop when the smaller version in the Favourites Colection was released. I think the only truly pricey G4s left after those two are prototypes. Minty A will probably never lose value. I have never personally seen a Sweetie Blue for sale, god only knows what she would fetch! There's the Rarelestia fashion style trio - alicorn Rarity with Celestia's cutie mark, white unicorn Celestia with Rarity's cutie mark, and the completely white alicorn Celestia. There's also the prototype SDCC :muffin: with two coloured hair. And there's the transparent/translucent/pearl body protos of the mane six. Tropical Pinkie and the clear Princess Twy may be slightly less than the original five protos.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 12:48:00 PM by prancingstag »

Offline babylicketysplit

• Bionic Spine Pony
  • Trade Count: (+49)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • In Spite of your Fear, Do what You have to Do
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2014, 03:11:33 PM »
i dunno prancingstag.  hmm  its just there are so many prototypes in the g4 line that have ended up with collectors that it makes me wonder about the rarity of them and their value honestly. but i dont collect g4 protos.  :/   i do however agree with minty a and proto muffins value.  and sweetie blue.  but all these mismatched heads and symbols and hair just make me think factory reject more than proto.

Check out my  Esty Shop  and MyEbay Sales!
 (Profits are going to help pay for my Rescue Horse's medical bills) <3
http://myworld.ebay.com/baby_licketysplit
http://www.etsy.com/shop/PoniesAndPets

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2014, 07:27:40 PM »
I would love a new release of FS AJ, but they probably wouldn't add the bangs and I Love the bangs! :P
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
My Wish List

Offline brighteyes

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • ~Insert Coin, Get Pony~
    • View Profile
    • Brighteye's Notebook
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2014, 10:11:35 PM »
i wouldnt say she is unpopular with buyers. considering how much she typically goes for in fashion style size. but she does seem to have a thorn when it comes to hasbro

Exactly- it always seems like both she and Rarity are left out.  Take the Funko Pop figures for example- we got :muffin: Pony and DJ instead of AJ and Rarity.  It really stinks, it's like Hasbro thinks that these two characters are not as popular as the others.  But I wonder how they got this idea- market research or something?  Within the collecting community though I don't think that either character is unpopular.  The three little kids that I know that are into ponies all like Rarity and say she's one of their favorites.  I know that's anecdotal, but I can't imagine that either AJ or Rarity are unpopular with kids.   

So I just wonder why the lack of releases for AJ and Rarity?  What is Hasbro thinking?   :what:
Many thanks to LordBlumiere for my wonderful avatar  :lovey: Blog  Adoptable Refs

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2014, 07:54:54 AM »
But for things like the POP ponies, the decision to not go with Rarity and Applejack is not a Hasbro one. Its one made by the licensee, in this case by Funko. In fact even the Funko vinyl ponies are focusing on the "top 4" plus background ponies before they get to AJ and Rarity. Likewise with much merch PP, RD, TS and then occasionally FS seem to get the most appearances. Rarity is my favourite, so it annoys me, but there must be some proof somewhere that gives a reason why Hasbro and licensees focus on 3 characters.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline gabumon

• Daddy Sweet Celebrations
  • Trade Count: (+92)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • mostly papercrafting
    • View Profile
    • Netroids
« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2014, 10:28:01 AM »
I would love a new release of FS AJ, but they probably wouldn't add the bangs and I Love the bangs! :P

right! that's why I think the 2010 FS release will always be HTF

Offline ShortyBoo

• Trade Count: (+212)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2014, 11:45:41 AM »
I'm tempted to sell mine. I already sold her accessories and her hat, but I couldn't bring myself to break up my main six. But I don't really like her that much (no offense to anyone who likes her, she's just my least favorite of the main six) and I could really use the money. Plus, the space I have for collectables is pretty limited. I guess I'll think about it some and if I decide to sell her, I'll get her up on my sales thread in a few days.

Offline elish2

• As you Wish
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2014, 12:01:29 PM »
I know I am half thinking of selling mine, but I just think she is too cute...and even if they came out with another one for the Rainbow Power thing, then she will probably be multicolored and not like the original...so I have the original release that is vhtf.
elish22 | eBay

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2014, 01:49:20 PM »
I don't collect FS except the 'royals', so if I got one, I wouldn't have the dilemma... I'd definitely sell her. I was actually looking at buying one to flip later on a rainy day, but I'm scared there will be a re-release and I'd be stuck with her. We'll see what happens in the RP line.

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

Offline Lorelei Redfern

• Sprinkles Obsessed
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2014, 04:44:10 AM »
I   acutly found my Fs Aj at a  flea market for a 1.00 but later had to sell her  for hte money i needed for soemthing else. i think if i mange to find her cheap enough agian i might keep her

Offline CupidStrikes

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Angry little slice of pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 15, 2014, 04:49:58 AM »
I don't collect FS except the 'royals'

Me too! I'm....kind of hopeful we might still see a (worldwide, plz) release of white FS Celestia. I doubt it, as she's become almost non-existent in the show, but...I can hope, right? xD

I really hope they will re-release AJ. She's such a cute pony and it's sad to see so many collectors (and prolly kids too) missing a main character.
Idly searching for: loose, good condition G4 Blossomforth, Starbeam Twinkle, Plumsweet. TTM Celestia doll's wings Within UK or EU only, please.
Will also take in Pretty Pony Club (UK magazine) fakies.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 15, 2014, 05:39:44 AM »
I broke down and got a couple of those fakie FS Applejacks from Taobao.  Will no doubt need a re-root and may experience vinyl breakdown- but I don't want to wait another year to have all the main characters!

I guess I am probably one of those people who would immediately stop looking for original FS AJ if they came up with a new version...

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal