collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Who else play with their ponies?  (Read 1844 times)

Offline The_Loner

• Trade Count: (+45)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • My Little Pony fan
    • View Profile
    • Dream Planet - The Toys
Who else play with their ponies?
« on: November 20, 2013, 04:39:47 AM »
I tend to feel very alone when I'm on here because I'm into MLPs as toys whereas I have the impression that most other people on here are into them as collectibles. But not so long ago I saw in a thread from a couple months back that there are other people here who play whit their ponies :)
So who out there play with ponies and how do you play? Do you have your own pony world? If you do then what's it like? Do you act out events etc. with your ponies? Do they live in families? Have any pictures to share? Please tell me! I love to hear about and see pictures from other pony worlds out there :frolic:

Offline reanna-mator

• Trade Count: (+87)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Feminist novelist pony
    • View Profile
    • http://reannaking.deviantart.com
Re: Who else play with their ponies?
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2013, 04:51:17 AM »
I mostly just display them, but occasionally take one down and play with it a bit. By "play" I generally refer to teasing my husband with it, talking to him as the pony in a cute voice, having her try to use unicorn magic on him or something. X3 Since I got the Rock a Bye Bed I've had it sitting on our headboard, with one pony sleeping on it while wearing the sleeping cap; I just switched from Night Glider to Tootsie.

Or I sometimes set up little scenes with a few ponies and accessories and display them like that for a while, often interacting with other toys. DJ Pon-3 is currently hosting a rave with the singing "Big Lipped Alligator" from All Dogs Go to Heaven, using a vintage Barbie turntable and speakers, for example. :P

I'm really interested, as well, to hear how other people play with their ponies.
Breast cancer warrior.  :enraged: I'm now cancer free!

My Wishlist! Help me finish US G1! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,386264.0.html

Offline Violet CLM

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Sunset Shimmer did nothing wrong
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2013, 05:01:33 AM »
I'd like to do so more, but I don't really have the space/privacy for it atm.

Offline Sanadaookami

• Trade Count: (+63)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2013, 05:02:08 AM »
I just moved to a new place and new have a pony/craft room with a lot more space then I had before- best part is now I can display my Ponyville! They have all been in boxes for years and I have a lot of them. I've been having loads of fun setting up a whole town for them- deciding who works where or what this pony should be doing around town~ With my bigger ponies I like to play dress up mostly XD

Offline reanna-mator

• Trade Count: (+87)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Feminist novelist pony
    • View Profile
    • http://reannaking.deviantart.com
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2013, 05:11:36 AM »
I just moved to a new place and new have a pony/craft room with a lot more space then I had before- best part is now I can display my Ponyville! They have all been in boxes for years and I have a lot of them. I've been having loads of fun setting up a whole town for them- deciding who works where or what this pony should be doing around town~ With my bigger ponies I like to play dress up mostly XD

That sounds like so much fun! I've got a Ponyville set up on the dresser in my closet, but using blind bags with the Ponyville structures. I do have a few Ponyville toys, but not nearly as many blind bags. Maybe later I'll mix generations, since they're about the same size.
Breast cancer warrior.  :enraged: I'm now cancer free!

My Wishlist! Help me finish US G1! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,386264.0.html

divalei

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2013, 05:33:27 AM »
I'm tempted to but I haven't played with ponies since... when I was about 13 or so. My sister is 4 younger than me so I played with her. Maybe some day when I have nothing else to do but currently I'm just dressing them up.

I'm waiting to get/trying to find G2 Morning Glory's castle ballroom set. It is in storage, somewhere. I already have Magic Motion Sundance and Lady Cupcake and all her accessories. My little sister gave me all her ponies and these were part of that lot. Display chance, more or less.

Offline spottedslug

• Trade Count: (+106)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2013, 05:39:55 AM »
I like to watch my girls play with their ponies. ;) I remember playing with them into my teens though.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline HelloGoodbye

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2013, 06:10:30 AM »
I do! Whenever I have time, I'll set up a playset.  I mostly like to set them up, but that is just how I like to play with them.  Even as a kid I would mostly just put them in scenes.  As I organize the scene, I'll be coming up with the situation in my head, and thinking up dialogue for the ponies.  All of them have back stories and personalities, and they have friends.  I typically just group ponies according to when I bought them, like I bought Water Fire and Breezy together on the same day so they're pals.  I also enjoy making outfits and accessories for them because I am a very crafty person and I always look for odds and ends that I could use to make something for my Ponies or my Breyer horses.  I have also been known to gallop a pony around the table while I'm on the phone.  ^.^

Thanks to Nence for my adoptable!

Offline RainbowRay

• Brush N Grow Pony
  • so very rainbow
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2013, 06:41:19 AM »
Sure, I like playing with all my toys a bit! Mostly I like arranging them into little scenes, and sometimes I'll pick one up and gallop/fly it around the place (plane sounds optional if flying). Sometimes I imagine interactions between them too, but I don't tend to 'act out' things with them as much as I would when I was little. I'd kind of like to some time.

I also have a canopy bed Light Heart, the poseable one with the head that you push down then it springs back up when you pull on her tail. I never seem to get tired of clicking her head down and springing it back up. It's just so amusing!

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2013, 07:00:15 AM »
I dont play with them per se but I can complete see the joy in it :)

I think its really creative!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Navi

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2013, 08:57:25 AM »
I do! Well, I take them with me when I travel ^^;

Minty went to Ireland recently!  :newpony: There's a horse in that picture, but you can't tell.  -_-

:heart: Minty! :heart:

Seeking Petite Ponies (trade/wish list)
Formerly known as navichan.

Offline The_Loner

• Trade Count: (+45)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • My Little Pony fan
    • View Profile
    • Dream Planet - The Toys
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2013, 12:30:18 AM »
Since I got the Rock a Bye Bed I've had it sitting on our headboard, with one pony sleeping on it while wearing the sleeping cap; I just switched from Night Glider to Tootsie.

Or I sometimes set up little scenes with a few ponies and accessories and display them like that for a while, often interacting with other toys. DJ Pon-3 is currently hosting a rave with the singing "Big Lipped Alligator" from All Dogs Go to Heaven, using a vintage Barbie turntable and speakers, for example. :P

This sounds really cute! :) I can just imagine the pony sleeping there on your headboard.

That sounds like a lot of fun! I love pony wear too and my ponies dress up for parties etc :)

I'm waiting to get/trying to find G2 Morning Glory's castle ballroom set. It is in storage, somewhere. I already have Magic Motion Sundance and Lady Cupcake and all her accessories. My little sister gave me all her ponies and these were part of that lot. Display chance, more or less.

I hope you find the Caste Ballroom, it is a sweet little playset. I especially love the pergola garden gate :heart:

I do! Whenever I have time, I'll set up a playset.  I mostly like to set them up, but that is just how I like to play with them.  Even as a kid I would mostly just put them in scenes.  As I organize the scene, I'll be coming up with the situation in my head, and thinking up dialogue for the ponies.  All of them have back stories and personalities, and they have friends.  I typically just group ponies according to when I bought them, like I bought Water Fire and Breezy together on the same day so they're pals.  I also enjoy making outfits and accessories for them because I am a very crafty person and I always look for odds and ends that I could use to make something for my Ponies or my Breyer horses.  I have also been known to gallop a pony around the table while I'm on the phone.  ^.^

That's awesome! :D My ponies have back stories, personalities and friends and families too. Do you have any pictures of the outfits you have made? I love pony wear and also like to make my own :)

Sure, I like playing with all my toys a bit! Mostly I like arranging them into little scenes, and sometimes I'll pick one up and gallop/fly it around the place (plane sounds optional if flying). Sometimes I imagine interactions between them too, but I don't tend to 'act out' things with them as much as I would when I was little. I'd kind of like to some time.

I also have a canopy bed Light Heart, the poseable one with the head that you push down then it springs back up when you pull on her tail. I never seem to get tired of clicking her head down and springing it back up. It's just so amusing!

That's cool :). I like to act out stuff with my ponies but I imagine and think up stuff about them a lot too.

I do! Well, I take them with me when I travel ^^;

Minty went to Ireland recently!  :newpony: There's a horse in that picture, but you can't tell.  -_-

That is such a sweet picture! :heart: I also take ponies with me on vacation :)

DavidC

« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2013, 12:46:18 AM »
I've opened about half of my collection, my Mane 6 Blind Bags hang out with me all day on my computer desk, and plush Dashie, Tavi, Cadance, and the little Pinkie Pie get hugs every day. I also see what talking Cadance, Celestia, and Nightmare Moon have to say quite regularly.

Is that playing?  :P

Offline Aflame

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2013, 01:14:50 AM »
i dont play with them but i do set them up at diffrent times of year eg xmas put lights on the dream castel one year with the xmas ponies :)

Offline Lorelei Redfern

• Sprinkles Obsessed
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2013, 02:30:15 AM »
i  soemtiems play witht hem lol and  make them tlak to each other XD and   everytime i go shopping i ahve a pony tagalong!  it was funko dr hooves   last time. and then   2 days ago it was one of my daddy ponys(finnaly i got one! lol the purple one with blue hair)

i like to set mine up in differnt things and places.  and then act out things lol  like   at the moment  i have   ponys set up in dream castle.  and in my blooming blossoms shop and i also have them all  set up in  PE  i have it turned so i can see al the rooms. and i ahve  tootsie and melody hanging out in the  pool watching the kids (rocket lofty white valetines baby and baby fifi)  and  the  i   have my wedding castle set up and occasionly do things with them.

soemtiems its just rearanging things tomake them fit better.  but i did have an epic fight of   princess celtia and NMM XD

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal