collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Who else play with their ponies?  (Read 1855 times)

Offline UrocyonFox

• Zombie BBE Pony
  • Trade Count: (+142)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Urocyonfox's Artwork
Re: Who else play with their ponies?
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2013, 02:52:14 AM »
I like to form relationships and stories for them. And create background stories and such. I guess its like pony soap-operas or pony-drama. I don't have cable or internet at my house and I tend to be reclusive on prupose so I MAKE my own entertainment.

I have different personalities for certain ponies too. Like even though I have 2 Applejacks that are the same pose and everything they have very different lives and personalities.
(I have a neon blind bag AJ that has been crushing on the sparkly chance a lot that sits on the other side of my work computer) but is too embarrassed to say anything.

That being said I also have a few ponies I've turned into family members. Like I'll bring them to sit on the counter while I cook and such.

All of that I guess should also be noted that I'm almost 30 so "playing" with them tends to be shun.....

Offline gabumon

• Daddy Sweet Celebrations
  • Trade Count: (+92)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • mostly papercrafting
    • View Profile
    • Netroids
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2013, 03:07:20 AM »
I do.  somepony from the herd will always sit by me while I'm reading.

Offline cyberunicorn

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • show the wind how to fly
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2013, 04:08:41 AM »
I don't know if I would say that I see them as collectables (to me as such) though i obviously collect them,  but I like to think of them as retired toys that have being on many adventures all over the world and now have come looking for a quite life away from sticky fingers and pens. haha

Though I do have certain ones that are out at certain times for specific jobs. because I am limited on space. christmas ponies are coming out at the moment and going through the spa ready to help me decorate.  :lookround: I think that might be classed as playing

Offline The_Loner

• Trade Count: (+45)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • My Little Pony fan
    • View Profile
    • Dream Planet - The Toys
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2013, 04:30:09 AM »
I've opened about half of my collection, my Mane 6 Blind Bags hang out with me all day on my computer desk, and plush Dashie, Tavi, Cadance, and the little Pinkie Pie get hugs every day. I also see what talking Cadance, Celestia, and Nightmare Moon have to say quite regularly.

Is that playing?  :P

Lol, I'm not sure if that's really playing with them but it's definately enjoying them! :)

i dont play with them but i do set them up at diffrent times of year eg xmas put lights on the dream castel one year with the xmas ponies :)

That sounds so cool with Christmas lights on Dream Castle! Do you have pictures of it? I love to decorate the ponies' houses for Christmas :xmas:

i  soemtiems play witht hem lol and  make them tlak to each other XD and   everytime i go shopping i ahve a pony tagalong!  it was funko dr hooves   last time. and then   2 days ago it was one of my daddy ponys(finnaly i got one! lol the purple one with blue hair)

i like to set mine up in differnt things and places.  and then act out things lol  like   at the moment  i have   ponys set up in dream castle.  and in my blooming blossoms shop and i also have them all  set up in  PE  i have it turned so i can see al the rooms. and i ahve  tootsie and melody hanging out in the  pool watching the kids (rocket lofty white valetines baby and baby fifi)  and  the  i   have my wedding castle set up and occasionly do things with them.

soemtiems its just rearanging things tomake them fit better.  but i did have an epic fight of   princess celtia and NMM XD

That's awesome! :D Do you have any pictures to share? Paradise Estate must be so awesome to play with! :D I hope I'll get the room for one in the future.

I like to form relationships and stories for them. And create background stories and such. I guess its like pony soap-operas or pony-drama. I don't have cable or internet at my house and I tend to be reclusive on prupose so I MAKE my own entertainment.

I have different personalities for certain ponies too. Like even though I have 2 Applejacks that are the same pose and everything they have very different lives and personalities.
(I have a neon blind bag AJ that has been crushing on the sparkly chance a lot that sits on the other side of my work computer) but is too embarrassed to say anything.

That being said I also have a few ponies I've turned into family members. Like I'll bring them to sit on the counter while I cook and such.

All of that I guess should also be noted that I'm almost 30 so "playing" with them tends to be shun.....

That's cool and hey you only have the fun you make yourself, right ;). I won't even mention how old I am :blush:, only that I wasn't made to ever grow up. You are never too old to play with toys! :ohyeah:

I don't know if I would say that I see them as collectables (to me as such) though i obviously collect them,  but I like to think of them as retired toys that have being on many adventures all over the world and now have come looking for a quite life away from sticky fingers and pens. haha

Though I do have certain ones that are out at certain times for specific jobs. because I am limited on space. christmas ponies are coming out at the moment and going through the spa ready to help me decorate.  :lookround: I think that might be classed as playing

What a sweet way of thinking of it :). And yeah, Christmas ponies gotta be out for Christmas :xmas:

Offline Lorelei Redfern

• Sprinkles Obsessed
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2013, 04:39:55 AM »
is it safe to put christmas lights onteh castle? I  got some  lights i'd love to put on  dream castle. buti was worreid aobut meltign the plastic  (due to the heat) and i didint wnat to wrekc anyhting. 

and  yeah Pe is  awesome! lol  i acutly got my moms permisson to put it all togehter on the ktichten table!   right now it sitsi n pieces.  and its   awsome i  dress up my babys at halloween.

and at christmas i like to  put my christmas ponys out and  i decorate my little tree with them so i ahve a pony tree! merry treas coems out so  does stockings.

(and then i have a freak out when my mom opens the  front door nad  sunlight come in ont hem lol)

heres a pic of me and tinky playing with the pinky train
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline The_Loner

• My Little Pony fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2013, 05:17:15 AM »
Aww, Tinky is so cute! :heart: It looks a bit dangerous though with Rainbow Dash standing on the tracks ;) lol Did she get out of there in time?
That's cool you dress up the baby ponies for Halloween :) Do they also go trick or treating?

If you use LED lights I think it's safe to put them on plastic. I have some star shaped ones. I haven't used them on Dream Castle but partly on another castle

Offline Roseprincess1

• Trade Count: (+10)
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2013, 05:37:24 AM »
I love to ply with mine.
I dont do many stories or anything like that but, i love to get them down and play with their hair andpet them. and talk to them.
Style t hem and clean them all up.
i love to talk to my rewinged flutter ponies!

Offline Lorelei Redfern

• Sprinkles Obsessed
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2013, 05:46:31 AM »
yes rainbow dash got out of the way on time! lol  and good to kow that makes me feel better!  nah  they dont go trick or treaitng i just have them all drssedup! i even dressed tink up as   MLp this year!   i jkoingly told mom she was princess celstia

Offline Twilight Pink

• TwinkieMomo
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Green Day
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2013, 07:23:50 AM »
I do XD (i'd rather have pony playtime then do homework :P )
Oh no!
avi by kittywhiskers :kyo: .

WrittenEmber

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2013, 03:44:18 PM »
I do! Never too old to play with your ponies. (I'm 25.)

I like to set mine up in little scenes, and I like to take one with me in my pocket or purse sometimes. (I'm talking about G4 minifigures, especially blind bag ponies.) It's fun to take snapshots of them in different places, though I only do that when there's no one around to see.

Offline The_Loner

• My Little Pony fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2013, 06:27:24 PM »
Roseprincess1: That sounds like cozy playtime too :)

Lorelei Redfern: Good to hear Rainbow Dash got out of there in time lol

Twilight Pink Navarro: Me too! Though in my case it would be in stead of housework :P. It is so much more fun to play! :biggrin:

WrittenEmber: That is such a cute picture!

Lightning Twirl

« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2013, 07:59:55 PM »
I ALWAYS play with mine! xD Earlier i was playing with my storyteller cadance and my CMC& friends set! LOLOLOLOL! I play with my blindbags all the time! I like to make little scenes with them =)

Offline Sukeile

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Dancing through life, Brainless and careless
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #27 on: November 21, 2013, 08:27:35 PM »
You are certainly not alone!
All of my ponies have backstories and different relationships with one another.

Some are families, some are friends, some are rivals and some are loners.

I tend to move them about and play in "chapters" so that I continue on from where I was last time.
Their dialogues are in my head though, I am still to scared to play out loud.

But I take every opportunity to give them an adventure.

My favorite thing to do as a kid was to create my own advent calendar in which a small group of ponies had to make their way to the top of the christmas tree by climbing from their display shelf to the bookshelf and over to the sofa, walk across the perilous floor and then manage to get from branch to branch to reach the angel at the top ( my family's yearly christmas decoration. )

Nowadays I do it a little more subtly, whenever I have to pack them up I pretend they are actually evacuation the lands in their 'Ark' (box)  XD

It makes me happy to play with my ponies and it is a perfect escape when life gets too stressful :)

Avatar by Griffin. Carebear by MistyBlue2010 and Pony by Lina. Thank you <3
Join My Little Pony Facebook group!/ My Wishlist/ My Etsy/  Polly Pocket Locket

Offline The_Loner

• My Little Pony fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 22, 2013, 04:10:40 AM »
I ALWAYS play with mine! xD Earlier i was playing with my storyteller cadance and my CMC& friends set! LOLOLOLOL! I play with my blindbags all the time! I like to make little scenes with them =)

Cool! :)

You are certainly not alone!
All of my ponies have backstories and different relationships with one another.

Some are families, some are friends, some are rivals and some are loners.

I tend to move them about and play in "chapters" so that I continue on from where I was last time.
Their dialogues are in my head though, I am still to scared to play out loud.

But I take every opportunity to give them an adventure.

My favorite thing to do as a kid was to create my own advent calendar in which a small group of ponies had to make their way to the top of the christmas tree by climbing from their display shelf to the bookshelf and over to the sofa, walk across the perilous floor and then manage to get from branch to branch to reach the angel at the top ( my family's yearly christmas decoration. )

Nowadays I do it a little more subtly, whenever I have to pack them up I pretend they are actually evacuation the lands in their 'Ark' (box)  XD

It makes me happy to play with my ponies and it is a perfect escape when life gets too stressful :)

This is awesome! :D When I play it is also always in continuation. And I totally agree - playing with ponies also makes me happy and it's definately helping me cope with life.

This is so great to see there are others who play with ponies! :happy: I wish there was a sub-forum just for this!

Offline Poster

• Colorswirl Pony
  • Beeeee fliiiiies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 22, 2013, 06:09:42 AM »
I do! I'll dress them up and/or have 'em roam around the wedding castle. I also like to take at least one with me when I go out--I'm not a fan of having idle hands, and they take care of that quite nicely.

I think I'm most fond of just sorting them various different ways, if that can be considered a form of play. (And even if it can't.  :P) Especially with regards to the blind bags. I'll sort 'em by pose, by type (glitter, glowy, etc.), and my favorite way of all: by wave.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal