collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What are your other cool hobbies besides ponies?  (Read 4620 times)

Offline kiwimlp

• Intros and Brags Mod
  • *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • I am Negan
    • View Profile
Re: What are your other cool hobbies besides ponies?
« Reply #45 on: September 11, 2013, 12:59:31 AM »
I love horse riding, reading and writing.  I also tend to obsess over certain TV shows that I really enjoy.  My current favourites are Breaking Bad, Game Of Thrones, Survivor, Sons Of Anarchy, The Walking Dead...

As well as ponies, I also collect action figures and cards from my favourite TV shows and movies.  My house looks a lot like a toy shop :P

Oh, and my other great love is my BFF (Blue Furry Friend!)  Cookie Monster :lovey:

BigHicks1977

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #46 on: September 11, 2013, 05:47:19 AM »
I love horse riding, reading and writing.  I also tend to obsess over certain TV shows that I really enjoy.  My current favourites are Breaking Bad, Game Of Thrones, Survivor, Sons Of Anarchy, The Walking Dead...

As well as ponies, I also collect action figures and cards from my favourite TV shows and movies.  My house looks a lot like a toy shop :P

Oh, and my other great love is my BFF (Blue Furry Friend!)  Cookie Monster :lovey:
What kind of action figures do you collect

GothMummy

« Reply #47 on: September 13, 2013, 12:28:06 PM »
I have a horse and a dog so a lot of my time is taken up with them, but I also have a degree in Archaeology so retain an amateur interest/hobby in that area (and Celtic/Anglo Saxon British history).

ThriftyPony - im very interested in the esoteric, and um, yes, I think I do believe in the Faery realm. But you are right, it is scary! have you read the Mark Chadbourne "Age of Misrule" novels? The idea that every myth and legend might actually be true, and that beings might find their way "back" to this reality to create chaos is quite believable!

Offline Vintergatan

• Knight of the Ebon Blade
  • Trade Count: (+36)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 13, 2013, 06:14:34 PM »
I have way too many interests to name here so i'll stick to what I do most actively which is Ice Hockey. I've only started playing it last year (I used to do speed skating and synchronised skating before, but hockey was always my biggest wish ans something I couldn't do in my home country because they weren't willing to make a female team :S).

Anyways, I'm absolutely loving it! I've done many sports in my life but I was just born for this :) We just started the new season and we won our first game 9-0 which made me extra proud because I play defence. This is the pic from our last game (I'm #28)

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Other than that, I play a lot of video games and I read a lot but by far the most time I spend is with my animals, but they are just children, not a hobby :)
~怕眼里月光 会淋湿你的翅膀~

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 13, 2013, 06:42:30 PM »
Nice to see everyone's interests!  :)

My non-pony, non-toy hobbies include:

Writing.  I've been writing fiction and short stories (with the occasional foray into poetry) since I was little and I still intend to be published.  I mostly write historical romance and fan fiction.

Musicals.  I am a bit of a theatre geek.  I see musicals regularly and I just took a trip to NY last July and saw 6 shows, including Newsies and Matilda.

Disney, History and Cultural History.  Disneyland is my favorite place to be, I know tons of Disney trivia and my thesis for college was on Disney films.  I was also a history major in college, so I'm a bit of a history buff.  My favorite periods are civil war, Victorian and the 1960s.

I also took voice and choir through school and into college and I miss it but there's less opportunity to do so right now.  I do still sing and I'd like to get back into performing but I'm not sure how to at the moment.

I also like video games and techie stuff.  :)
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

SparklersOasis

« Reply #50 on: September 13, 2013, 07:25:58 PM »
I'm a vet, so my job and my critters take up a lot of my time.  Heck I'm currently nursing a stunned juvenile hummingbird in my craft room!

As far as hobbies, I have way too many.  I love to learn and I'm always up for trying new things.  The short list of things I enjoy include making chain maille, leather tooling/molding, photography, drawing (digital and traditional), sewing, knitting, and just generally tinkering.  I have blueprints for costume articulated moveable wings I want to try.  No reason other than it sounds like a challenge!.

Copper Maille underbust:  http://sparklersoasis.deviantart.com/art/Bronze-Underbust-Update-207712917
Leather Rose Mask:  http://sparklersoasis.deviantart.com/art/Rose-Mask-Finished-160830682
Macro Bee: http://sparklersoasis.deviantart.com/art/Sand-prarie-yellowjacket-397623795

Most of my 'artsy' stuff I post on Devart.

I was lucky enough to volunteer at a wildlife clinic for a few years and got to work with our amazing resident birds of prey.  I hope to someday get to a place that I can rehab/treat raptors again!

Offline Rosette

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Pony Mail is Happy Mail :D
    • View Profile
    • My LiveJournal Blog
« Reply #51 on: September 13, 2013, 09:16:57 PM »
Ponies are one of my few collecting-based hobbies...certainly my biggest.  I also have a small collection of vinyl art toys and I enjoy finding and completing 1980s YA series--like The Young Astronauts, Satin Slippers, Charisma, Inc, and Silver Skates.  I also like 1990s children's series like Silver Blades and The Saddle Club and spent a lot of time building my collection from scratch.

Outside of that, I love beach combing for sea glass, pottery shards, and interesting shells. My degrees are in history and anthropology (archeology focus), so I love the study of history and culture.  I love Jane Austen.  Let's see, what else?

Used to be in choir, miss it, used to ride horses, miss that, too.  Not exactly a hobby, but I homeschool my son and that uses a lot of my time to organize.  :).

As a witch, a lot of my hobbies are tied into my spiritual pursuits--bettering my skills at herb craft, spell craft, divination and attending ritual arts education workshops/conferences.  I also love to host mail swaps and witches' house parties.

And I love to watch Survivor with my husband.  That's our one show we tape and make time to watch--and have for all ten years we've been together.
I'm the Pony formerly known as "songtoisis".   ^.^

Offline HollowZero

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Nightmint av by Shenanigans!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 14, 2013, 04:39:21 AM »
I collect action figures, certain dolls, beanie babies, and art supplies. Well it's not really "collecting" art supplies, because I use them, I guess. :lol:

Hello! Please visit my art gallery! Commissions are: open for now

Offline kiwimlp

• Intros and Brags Mod
  • *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • I am Negan
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 14, 2013, 08:44:14 PM »

What kind of action figures do you collect

Mostly LOTR, SW and X-Men. I do have quite a few POTC and the odd GoT and other randoms too though.  I took some pics of them today to share with you but my stupid virus scanner has rejected my camera so I'll have to get my computer looked at before I can post them.

Offline InkyMilk

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 14, 2013, 11:36:23 PM »
My other HUGE toy-collecting hobby and fandom would be Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. LOVE them <3 I do have more ponies than turtles since I'm more picky by which turtle figures and merchandise I bring home (since I can't just buy one turtle figure from any set and not bring home the rest of his bros...I need all four!), but I definitely spend waaay more time in that fandom than I do ponies.

For awhile I also collected BJDs, but ultimately dolls have been put on the backburner for awhile due to their cost and the fact that I'm now dividing my income among my other collections now. I'd still love to get back into them someday since I still adore my dolls.

My other non-collecting hobbies are writing, drawing, Lolita and tae kwon do.  ^.^

Offline Teddy

• MLP Tales Goddess
  • Trade Count: (+76)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Mother of Ducks
    • View Profile
    • Teddy's Place
« Reply #55 on: September 15, 2013, 01:20:27 AM »
My other HUGE toy-collecting hobby and fandom would be Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. LOVE them <3 I do have more ponies than turtles since I'm more picky by which turtle figures and merchandise I bring home (since I can't just buy one turtle figure from any set and not bring home the rest of his bros...I need all four!), but I definitely spend waaay more time in that fandom than I do ponies.

Just curious, do you post at Technodrome Forums?

Click HERE to visit my MLP Tales site!

Offline InkyMilk

• Trade Count: (+31)
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 15, 2013, 01:35:23 AM »

I certainly do, I'm guessing you do too? ^_^ My username there is Bossa Nova.

Offline Teddy

• MLP Tales Goddess
  • Trade Count: (+76)
  • Mother of Ducks
    • View Profile
    • Teddy's Place
« Reply #57 on: September 15, 2013, 01:48:54 AM »

I certainly do, I'm guessing you do too? ^_^ My username there is Bossa Nova.

I'm mostly a lurker there, but I am Teddy there as well. :) I recognize your name! You have Donatello from the first movie with the hat and straw as your avatar, right? I don't know why that one stays with me. XD Small world.

Click HERE to visit my MLP Tales site!

Offline Aquarel

• Trade Count: (+41)
  • Forever busy with stuff...
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 15, 2013, 02:20:05 AM »
My other hobbies... lots and lots...

I love horses and have been horseback riding for a long time. Just lately it's hard for me to find the time (with me having to switch between my place and bfs place) 'My' horse has a huge pasture, and he can walk in and out of his stable whenever he wants. He's like a big dog.

Then there's the reenactment. My main focus is 11th century (battle of hastings 1066) and I love it. I have been at the battle reenactment the two previous years but not going this year. I also have a full kit for mid to late 14th century and have been in progress of making an 18th century costume as well. I've had my shoes for a long time now (handmade gorgeous 18th century shoes) I love history and such and I get irky when 'historical' movies go so wrong it hurts my eyes. Same with the 'medieval fairs' that keep popping up everywhere. Very little medieval about those, mind you I love that they put handmade/artisanal products in the spotlight and create a nice atmosphere for a joyous fest but hate the use of the term medieval.

I used to have fancy rats (and developed a massive allergy to them) and I have sown an army of hammocks and houses for my rats, don't do much sewing lately though. Some knitting and crocheting yes and sewing of my recycled wool rats/chickens/owls.
I do have my little guinea piggies to take care of now and I love them a lot. Just haven't made hammocks for them. Maybe with the approaching winter? They might enjoy them. And of course there's my kitten family that loves the attention and crafts too. Made some baskets and cushions for them out of old 90s sleeping bags.

I love cooking and baking and generally try out new recipes. Sometimes it's hard to adjust the recipes to what we have here ingredientwise but I have come across some actual gems! (like the zucchini chocolate cake)

Collecting other toys: I used to collect pullips but now I'm looking to sell those as they take up a lot of space and they just don't have my interest anymore. Same goes with popples and carebear stuff. I still love going to fleamarkets and pick up toys, but have to put a break on that due to space issues. (and the lack thereof)

I'm a teacher of Arts, biology and English (and yes I still make mistakes sometimes :p) so I'm decent in the painting/drawing department but it has been I while since I picked up a pen/pencil to actually draw something. My deviantart is under my info if you are curious. I love reading as well and gardening is something I truly enjoy.

I have been brushing up on my (spoken) French and will be doing that a lot more hopefully.
Selling some ponies to pay for the vet bills of abandoned rabbits I adopted!
http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,385086.msg1626364.html#msg1626364:frog:

Offline Aienhime

• Trade Count: (+14)
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 15, 2013, 03:47:04 AM »
My biggest hobby is writing! I love doing it, and although I combined it with my pony hobby for a long time (see my sig), I've recently begun to write short stories for contests and such. It's so much fun to do and to get feedback :)

My second big hobby is photography. I kind of rolled into that because I loved photographing my dolls, but now I find myself more drawn to photographing animals and other scenes instead of just dolls (although I still do that as well!). I have two cameras, a Nikon D5100 for when I'm really going out to take photos and a nikon 1 J2 which is basically my tag-along camera which I take everywhere so I don't end up missing an awesome shot just because I don't have my camera with me.

I also love going to the movies with my friends and I like video games - although not as much as I used to. I'm only playing animal crossing at the moment, eheheheh ^^" I love anime too but I don't have much time for it lately - same for manga, the last time I read a manga book is years ago I'm afraid O.o' I do love reading, though, mostly fantasy and young adult but I also like the occasional thriller or suspense book.

Apart from ponies I also collect Pullip dolls and I have 3 BJD's which I adore.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal