collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What are your other cool hobbies besides ponies?  (Read 4618 times)

Offline fiwen30

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: What are your other cool hobbies besides ponies?
« Reply #30 on: September 08, 2013, 03:37:02 AM »
I ride horses, collect certain types of dolls, and do a lot of hand sewing. I'm working on a double-sized patchwork quilt at the moment, plus various projects for my family's Christmas presents :)
Check out and Favourite my Esy shop! @ https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/TheBrightRedBee?ref=si_shop

Actively buying ALL My Beautiful Horses models, riders, tack, playsets, magazines etc.! PM me!

Offline andibgoode

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
    • Andi B. Goode
« Reply #31 on: September 08, 2013, 04:12:24 AM »
Aside from ponies my collections include Barbie (vintage, 80s...anything that catches my eye), Tammy doll, Monster High, ceramic cats, vintage cameras, random vintage books if I like the cover art, some Batman stuff...and do sunglasses count as a collection? Because I have a lot of those!

In terms of hobbies, I guess you could include my blog (which used to be entirely focussed on vintage fashion/lifestyle but is expanding a bit as my style changes) which I've had for the past four years.

I'm a would-be movie buff - I love cinema more than pretty much anything else but I've not been getting out to the cinema as much as I'd like to.

I play ukulele! I try to play every day. Sometimes I post videos to YouTube (just covers, I've only managed to finish one song and it's something I will probably just continue to play for myself lol) but it's mainly just something I do for fun at home.

I dabble in sewing (for my dolls) and used to knit but I don't have a lot of patience. I also used to draw and take photos all the time but I don't have a lot of energy right now so it kind of saps my enthusiasm for a lot of things. But I've started cosplaying occasionally, too!

Umm. I think that's it?

I collect old horror movies, esp. ones with Vincent Price, Bela Lugosi, Boris Karloff, Peter Lorre, Lon Chaney Jr... I just love them! I also collect some Hello Kitty things and I help my hubby collect blue carnival glass.

Other than collecting, I love cooking and drawing comics. Totally not a pro at comics, but I really enjoy it. Oh, and I play D&D 3.5 every Wednesday with the hubby and our pals.  ^.^

Love that you collect old horror movies! I haven't watched as many as I like but I love them :)

I collect very old children's books, I have several series that I am still trying to complete but they seem hard to find. I have some that are really obscure too.

That's such a cool thing to collect! I've picked up a couple (a really nice illustrated copy of The Water Babies) but it's not something I actively collect.
:good: visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 :art:
Monster High dolls for sale

Offline Kiwi

• Hippity Hoppity Site Admin
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • ~ Squeewi ~
    • View Profile
    • Kiwi's Paradise
« Reply #32 on: September 08, 2013, 06:34:43 AM »
I think my next biggest interest would be animals - primarily bunnies (of course), and I like following the local Falcon Watch each year. Things I can enjoy online without having to spend/collect more - because we don't have a lot of room or money.

Other than that, we both love books, and nerdy/geeky things, and of course I'm always up for anything "bunny" (the only LPS hubby will let me get occasionally :) ).

I also do some crafting - just finished a tissue box cover and caddy for a co-worker in plastic canvas. :) Next project is finishing a cross-stitch unicorn I started years ago. I can't buy anything new for crafts until I finish some of my existing projects ;) LOL plus I've run out of room. In the meantime I just keep writing down and planning projects until I can start on them.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 Kiwi ref sheet :bunny: *BUNNIES* :bunny: Avatar: Thank you SDS!

Offline Navi

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 08, 2013, 06:57:52 AM »
aww thanks guys!  :blush: :P
Navi, your conure looks sooooo adorable! What's his name?

Thanks! That's Peanut! She's a silly bird ^.^

That's awesome! I'm a falconer and bird-bander, birds are the best :)

Cool! What raptors do you have? Do you hunt with them? (Forgive me, I'm limited in my falconry knowledge.)

I have a Red Tailed Hawk right now, but I work at a bird of prey center, so I get to play with lots of birds. My sponsor has a couple of Harris' Hawks that I get to fly sometimes, and they are so much fun. We go hunting when it's cooler, but I mostly fly them for rehabilitation and flight demos.
 :heart: Minty! :heart:

Seeking Petite Ponies (trade/wish list)
Formerly known as navichan.

Offline Teddy

• MLP Tales Goddess
  • Trade Count: (+76)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Mother of Ducks
    • View Profile
    • Teddy's Place
« Reply #34 on: September 08, 2013, 10:31:55 AM »
I have a Red Tailed Hawk right now, but I work at a bird of prey center, so I get to play with lots of birds. My sponsor has a couple of Harris' Hawks that I get to fly sometimes, and they are so much fun. We go hunting when it's cooler, but I mostly fly them for rehabilitation and flight demos.

That's awesome! I've done wildlife rehab work as well, but not much with raptors. Harris' Hawks are so gorgeous. I saw your pics in the bird thread, LOVE that Kestrel! ^-^

Click HERE to visit my MLP Tales site!

Offline Thrice

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
  • I drop science.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 08, 2013, 11:31:28 AM »
Well my Bachelor's is in biochemistry, so I'm pretty much a nerd. I can talk (and have talked) about DNA replication for hours.

Let's see...I sing. I was in a punk rock band for a while. I play the flute (and piccolo). I write fiction. I used to do gaming with my friends but it's been a while since everyone lives farther away nowadays. I make jewelry sometimes: just simple beaded stuff. I also collect marbles. You know...because.

Offline Sky_Rocket_Sammie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Rules of the road Sammy"-Dean Winchester
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 08, 2013, 11:53:56 AM »
I love camping and fishing. In the past year I've gone ocean fishing, a first. As a kid I only fished fresh water and than only lakes or rivers. Also crabbing, that's new and I love it.

Spend a good chunk of time doing volunteer work for two local clubs (one biker and the other Native American). Collect Harley Davidson merch, attend Easy Riders cons and in general bike rides/rallies.

Drawing, my sketch pad is never far away. Also digital photography. Does learning a language count? I'm learning Cherokee.

My friend shows dogs, so I'm usually around to help. It's a lot of fun and a ton of work.

Gardening. Nothing beats an afternoon digging in the dirt. :P

Avi by Gizmo & Sig by Moonbreeze

Offline ThriftyPony

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • The Fakie Hideout - Fakie ID Guide & More
« Reply #37 on: September 08, 2013, 12:13:36 PM »
Aww, I love everyone's interests. Especially those interested in horror movies and fashion!

I truly, deeply, madly despise my current job, so I surround myself in hobbies to keep happy. I love fashion, and I have two fashion blogs, one on wordpress that is in dire need of update, on one on tumblr that I update way too often. I sew, both hand and machine. I make jewelry and sell on etsy. I buy and sell vintage, keeping too much of the good stuff for myself, but oh well. I love "window shopping" on ebay. I dabble in knitting but I suck and can only do scarves in a straight stitch. I am attempting to learn Japanese, because I adore Japanese culture, food, and society and dream of at least travelling there for a few weeks vacay one day. I am starting with romanji, so I can't read hardly any kanji, etc. I can count, greet, say basic "I am...." or "My name is Krystle" type statements, but I am getting better. Also, EATING! I love all types of Asian foods especially, and would like to call myself a foodie. My current food obsession is Korean food. Kimchi, bibimbap, bulgogi, japchang, etc. I suck at cooking but I am trying.

I collect horror dvds, but have slowed down since netflix. I love the horror genre. I like certain mangas/anime such as Nana, my all time favorite. I am a Shakespeare nerd, and Ren faire enthusiast. I studied literature and creative writing and am continually enchanted with great writing. Just all around nerd.

I have two cute kitties and two crazy rats. I love rodents and I used to have hamsters but we are trying rats for awhile, since my dear sweet hammie, Chewie, passed away. She was the greatest.

Probs the weirdest hobby is paranormal "stuff." I like ghost hunting, monsters, and faery type things. I have been reading up on the faery realm and I actually sort of believe it, but it's pretty scary. Anybody else into that stuff? I have an evp recorder and a PSB-7 spirit box I like to use on occasion, but I like to have a person with me, and not many people I know are into that stuff, or they just think it's stupid. Anyone? Eh?

I love everyone's cute birdies, btw! So sweet. Animals make life infinitely better.

Edit: I almost forgot, fitness hooping. So good for the mind, and a fun way to get active and look cool doing it.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2013, 12:15:28 PM by ThriftyPony »

Offline LadySiha

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
  • I'll meet you across the sea...
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 08, 2013, 01:24:45 PM »
There's going to be pic-spam in here.... because I love sharing! :biggrin:

Currently, my favorite hobby is video games.  I used to be rather casual sticking to stuff like Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Mario and lots and lots of puzzle games.  In the last few years I've become a well-rounded hardcore gamer.  I still like that other stuff, but now I throw stuff like Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Gears of War, Saints Row, Borderlands... ect.... Two years ago I never would have touched a Borderlands or Saints Row game, but now I love them!

Fashion!  Especially lolita (mostly sweet, casual and country styles) and vintage (1950's, espcially) looks!  I find the 50's stuff and lolita is fun to play with together!  I'm still excited because I was able to get an Angelic Pretty skirt this last year!  Otherwise I stick to/collect Bodyline clothing pieces.

I cook, and bake.... and love to take pictures of the stuff I make!  My favorites?
Cupcakes:
Spoiler

and Bento:
Spoiler

I also like any crafty stuff.  Card making, jewelry making, decoden projects, ect... I really want to move to a place with a garage so I can get a small anvil and torch set and make more of my jewelry pieces myself.  I sketch and write short stories, too.

I'm a cosplayer, too! I love to sew and create and make my own patterns.
I actually was won a prize from Bioware for my costume of Morrigan from Dragon Age: Origins (Bioware is the company that makes the game).  This was my first serious cosplay, and it needs some rework, at this point, but I still love it and love putting on that costume so much!
Spoiler
And my newest, and possibly favorite, cosplay is my highly stylized Dr. Steinmann-inspired Splicer from Bioshock!  I always cosplay pretty things, so being something gross and scary was actually really fun!  I sort of hope to be able to do more icky bad-guy costumes!
(The picture is a bit gross, if you don't like scary things)
Spoiler

I also read all of the time and collect manga, mostly shoujo and josei titles.  I also love reading science research stuff, specifically biology/medical stuff!  I actually have a BSN and my license, I'm just not currently a practicing nurse.  However, I'm still a huge science nerd and still love medical and biology stuff!

BigHicks1977

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #39 on: September 08, 2013, 01:46:43 PM »
One of the other things in life I am crazy about is Final Fantasy games here is just a few of my FF pieces

Offline StoryDreamer

• Go boldly
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Bri
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 08, 2013, 02:10:24 PM »
I also am really into home design, love HGTV, visit Houzz.com often and read decorating blogs a lot. I collect kids books, mainly Baby-Sitters Club and Golden Books plus anything that catches my eye with a retro look. We like to make up recipes and I'm writing a taco recipe ebook with my wife.
Hey, want to review media or contribute an article about books, movies, comics, tv or video games from a woman's perspective? Check out my new media blog in the making, What the Fangirl LGBTQ+ friendly

Offline UrocyonFox

• Zombie BBE Pony
  • Trade Count: (+142)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Urocyonfox's Artwork
« Reply #41 on: September 10, 2013, 11:12:15 AM »
I'm a wildlife-er! Not just the viewing, but I hunt, fish, trap, skin, and what not. I do study skins (which are like science based taxidermy) which most people find strange. If I find roadkill that is too far rotted I'll check to see if skulls are in tack and I'll clean and collect those as well.

Reptiles are BIG for me, we use to breed snakes and such.

Other than that, I draw and dig on video games.

« Last Edit: September 10, 2013, 11:13:51 AM by UrocyonFox »

Offline Navi

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 10, 2013, 02:26:59 PM »

That's awesome! I've done wildlife rehab work as well, but not much with raptors. Harris' Hawks are so gorgeous. I saw your pics in the bird thread, LOVE that Kestrel! ^-^

That's awesome that you've done rehab! Small world :)
 :heart: Minty! :heart:

Seeking Petite Ponies (trade/wish list)
Formerly known as navichan.

Offline ChocolateStarfire

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • May the Force be with you. Always.
    • View Profile
    • Enchanting Customs
« Reply #43 on: September 10, 2013, 05:35:02 PM »
Hello there! I was wondering if anyone else has two dramaticly different hobbies/ interests? You know, collecting something else totally irreverent to ponies. Does anyone else also collect trading cards, baseballs, shells, even fossils/rocks like me?

I live sort of a dual life, living the best of both world in the fanstasy world of cartoon, anime, and art but I also LOVE earth-space sciences! I am also a member on TheFossilForum, Bettafish.com, and Pokebeach. I also chill out on astrobob.areavoices for the latest update on cool celestial events! If you were to look at my bookshelf, its divided into two parts- the top is full of manga, pokemon collector books, Ikawo erasers, some fantasy books, Nintendo gamer guides, a huge Zelda book, and magazines. The bottom is completely chock full of Astomomy books, field guides to animals, earth-space Science school textbooks from high school, many texts on Paleontology, and animal care books! I do kind of flip-flop inbetween the two worlds, its complex living in both sometimes but it makes me unique!

I actually go out and go on rock hounding or fossil digs in my area. If people were to see me poking around in a pile of strata, I bet no one could imagine me also collecting toy ponies! I love to donate specimen to museums, and my husband and I are about to go to a dig out in the North Sulphur River for some ammonites and marine reptile verts! I love to wake up early in the morning and catch meteor showers-I am big on those! I also LOVE bad weather so much if you couldnt tell! xD  Another secret hobby I have is art! I love to do watercolor and india ink calligraphy drawings.

So what other hobbies or cool things do you collect other than pastel smiling ponies? Tell me about it! =)

I too am into paleontology. :3 I have so many shoeboxes full of rocks in my closet it's not even funny. XD

Besides collecting MLPs, I collect Breyer horses, dinosaur figures (Papo, WildSafari, Jurassic Park, Darlin Dinos), and a few other nostalgic items from my childhood (TLK, lots of stuffed animals, LPS, TMNT, etc.).

My other hobbies are sci-fi/fantasy writing (furry fandom genre), drawing cartoons, playing WoW: MoP, Bejeweled 3 and Sonic the Hedgehog (video games), listening to classical or pop music, reading fantasy novels (LoTR, Dragonriders of Pern), and watching animated films. :3 I love karaoke! As far as animated films go, I enjoy 2D Disney films and various new 3D animated films (Puss in Boots, Legends of the Guardian-Owls of Gahoole, RiO, Happy Feet, Ice Age and How to Train Your Dragon are among these).

:frolic:
My MLP customs
My eBay Sales-Including Ponies!
My pronouns-She/her and they/them  ^.^

Offline Sky_Rocket_Sammie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Rules of the road Sammy"-Dean Winchester
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 11, 2013, 12:26:14 AM »
Between the ages of five and nineteen, my dream job as an adult. Was one thing and one thing only. To be a paleontologist.  That did flow into my double majors, nice to see other people with similar interests.

Several moves ago, I had a small rock collection. And as a kid I had a sizable seashell and rock collection.

Avi by Gizmo & Sig by Moonbreeze

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal