collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Have you ever felt like you wanted a real pony?  (Read 3142 times)

GothMummy

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Have you ever felt like you wanted a real pony?
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2013, 03:01:32 PM »
Yes I have always adored horses and ponies above everything else, since I was 2 years old and had my first shetland pony on loan. I would give up every MLP, breyer and doll in my collections for the sake of Domino or my mum's horse.
But here is my baby. Isnt he gorgeous! I love him only slightly less than my children, but possibly more than my husband LOL

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

He is 25 now and I have had him since he was 18 months.

TwilightPinkNavarro, - in the UK at least its not usual at all to bury horses! They are mostly either cremated or go to the local hunt for food for the hounds. My two have been cremated.

My old arab mare lived to be 34 and I had her since I was 12 years old, I miss her so much still.

x

Offline Twilight Pink

• TwinkieMomo
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Green Day
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2013, 03:19:00 PM »
Yes I have always adored horses and ponies above everything else, since I was 2 years old and had my first shetland pony on loan. I would give up every MLP, breyer and doll in my collections for the sake of Domino or my mum's horse.
But here is my baby. Isnt he gorgeous! I love him only slightly less than my children, but possibly more than my husband LOL

He is 25 now and I have had him since he was 18 months.

TwilightPinkNavarro, - in the UK at least its not usual at all to bury horses! They are mostly either cremated or go to the local hunt for food for the hounds. My two have been cremated.

My old arab mare lived to be 34 and I had her since I was 12 years old, I miss her so much still.

x
She looks beautiful, GothMummy  ^.^
Oh no!
avi by kittywhiskers :kyo: .

Offline Sky_Rocket_Sammie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Rules of the road Sammy"-Dean Winchester
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2013, 03:21:30 PM »
Bucking the mold here. As a man, it's largely a woman dominated field. That of owning and riding horses (or ponies).
As a child I wanted a pony, kept at it for years. Always asking for Christmas, even though we couldn't afford or keep one(living in the city). My Mom gently reminded me, it became a joke between us. That if I kept asking, soon I'd out grow that pony. By the time I got one, I'd be to large.  :lol:

Fast forward to when I was 11/12 years old, I was allowed to start riding lessons. Kept riding and that led to owning a horse. At age 13, full ownership was granted when I turned 16. He was a Spanish Arab gelding. Had him from age 11 to age 17. Haven't ridden for three years but I want to get back into the sport.
Western pleasure and barrel racing where my loves. Along with volunteering for the therapeutic riding program.

So long story (my apologies) short, yes a MLP fan owned a horse. And is still a life long horse aficionado.

Avi by Gizmo & Sig by Moonbreeze

Offline BrinnyTheBrave

• Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2013, 03:33:37 PM »
Bucking the mold here. As a man, it's largely a woman dominated field. That of owning and riding horses (or ponies).
As a child I wanted a pony, kept at it for years. Always asking for Christmas, even though we couldn't afford or keep one(living in the city). My Mom gently reminded me, it became a joke between us. That if I kept asking, soon I'd out grow that pony. By the time I got one, I'd be to large.  :lol:

Fast forward to when I was 11/12 years old, I was allowed to start riding lessons. Kept riding and that led to owning a horse. At age 13, full ownership was granted when I turned 16. He was a Spanish Arab gelding. Had him from age 11 to age 17. Haven't ridden for three years but I want to get back into the sport.
Western pleasure and barrel racing where my loves. Along with volunteering for the therapeutic riding program.

So long story (my apologies) short, yes a MLP fan owned a horse. And is still a life long horse aficionado.

cute story! and happy ending! :)

Offline HoustonCollector72

• Aquarius Pony Power
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 Ponies Rock :)
    • View Profile
    • my collection
« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2013, 03:37:17 PM »
My older sister adopts ponies and wild horses , then they breed and have some more !  The foals are so cute :)I do not visit her enough though but when i do i spend some time watching them or peting them :)
GAMELOFT ID: balto72  Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/2241pmth
Collection Page on FB https://www.facebook.com/BALTO72    Instagram http://instagram.com/balto8a     
Wanted G2 Mocs wanted list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,328049.0.html

Offline HavACrumpet452

• Fakies R People 2
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2013, 03:56:28 PM »
If I won the lottery I'd have all sorts of ponies. I especially love Welsh ponies.

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2013, 04:42:30 PM »
Don't particularly want a pony but I wouldn't mind having a horse.  :)
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

Offline Whippycorn

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2013, 01:19:00 AM »
I have always wanted a real pony of my own and one day I will have one (and one for bf)! I will keep dreaming...
**** ARENA SALES ****

**** EBAY SALES ****

Offline BrinnyTheBrave

• Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2013, 02:48:49 AM »
I have always wanted a real pony of my own and one day I will have one (and one for bf)! I will keep dreaming...

I of course totally know what you mean :) I live in the city right now. But one day I will be able to move, and hopefully even closely after, own my own horse/pony!

Lightning Twirl

« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2013, 03:26:09 AM »
Definitly! I love animals so much, my friends in middle school always talked about their pet horses. When they had sleepovers I got to ride one!!! I always felt left out, but my family is kind of poor and we lived in the city. My grandma actually lived out in the country and lived right next to an Arabian horse farm and I would give them apples! :3 It would be cool to have one, but Im best sticking to My Little Pony.  Pony toys are more affordable and are easy for me to transport. Im almost never home anymore because of work too so its probably for the better I stick to toys.

Offline BrinnyTheBrave

• Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2013, 03:40:44 AM »
@Lightning Twirl, aawe. Yes, as of now, my colourful ponies will have to be my real horse.  :(

Offline Aquarel

• Trade Count: (+41)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Forever busy with stuff...
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2013, 03:41:28 AM »
i also have one and guess what? he lives with a haflinger mare and 2 others :)

well, he isnt a pony, he is a huuuuge horse. :D

ps: did you know that haflinger origin in austria, my small homecountry?  :P

pps: our horses also live like cyberunicorns horses. the have a huge grass field where they can get food and a forrest where they can find shelter. if they want they also can go into the stable, its open all day. we also just feed them in winter (hay and sometimes horse cereals (dont know how to say in english)) :D

Zora, that must be the perfect place for a pony/horse. Spoiled spoiled spoiled (in a way they enjoy it)
Selling some ponies to pay for the vet bills of abandoned rabbits I adopted!
http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,385086.msg1626364.html#msg1626364:frog:

Binny

« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2013, 04:56:20 AM »
I love them but it would be too much for me to handle. :(

Offline Einhornbaby

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+124)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://einhornbaby.contract-killers.de
« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2013, 05:11:06 AM »
Im a horse-person too :)
Ive been horseback-riding since I was little and got my own pony when I turned 11. But sadly me and the mare (a seal brown german riding pony mare named Maica) didnt get along well, so my parents sold her after a short while. Maica was pretty wild and much too strong for a little girl. I sticked to caring for the horses my riding teacher had. All of them were strong, huge warmbloods, but I loved them <3
Afterwards I got kind of a lease on a white grey Hanoverian mare. I loved her to bits. But she got sold by her original owner after I had her for 2 years. After her came a chestnut Trakehner gelding which I was riding almost everyday because his owner was pregnant and was not able to care for him. When her child got 1yo she had the idea that I should now pay for riding, so my parents cancelled the thing because the horse was very old and not very healthy and they didnt want to pay for that. The Trakehner was followed by a Danish warmblood gelding which I cared for as long as its owner wasnt able to. But one day she told me I could not ride her horse anymore, because the gelding started to focus more on me than on her and she wasnt able to cope with that. Much later I got ahold of a funny welsh-arabian mare and learned how to ride a western-type horse. She taught me a lot... how to fall without hurting myself too much was the most praticed thing we did *sigh* ... when I got pregnant myself I was forbidden to ride, so I quit and never got back on a horse... Its been 10 years now...I wish I could *sigh*

Offline Kiwi

• Hippity Hoppity Site Admin
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • ~ Squeewi ~
    • View Profile
    • Kiwi's Paradise
« Reply #29 on: August 23, 2013, 06:25:27 AM »
I'd love to have a real pony someday, but at least right now I know we can't afford it, and don't have the time or energy to give it the proper care it needs.

But my parents had a horse when I was born, so I grew up with one until we lost him to old age. It was an awesome experience :)
 Kiwi ref sheet :bunny: *BUNNIES* :bunny: Avatar: Thank you SDS!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal