collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Have you ever felt like you wanted a real pony?  (Read 3132 times)

Offline BrinnyTheBrave

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
Have you ever felt like you wanted a real pony?
« on: August 22, 2013, 01:56:06 PM »
The Haflinger is the pony of my dreams, and I hope to own one someday! I was just wondering if you pony fanatics ever felt the same way  ^.^

Offline StoryDreamer

• Go boldly
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Bri
    • View Profile
Re: Have you ever felt like you wanted a real pony?
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2013, 01:57:41 PM »
Not really, actually!
Hey, want to review media or contribute an article about books, movies, comics, tv or video games from a woman's perspective? Check out my new media blog in the making, What the Fangirl LGBTQ+ friendly

Offline BrinnyTheBrave

• Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2013, 02:01:05 PM »
^ Interesting  :lol: I remember wanting a pony ever since I was little, and I haven't grown out of the phase! lol

BowtieG1

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2013, 02:08:15 PM »
No- I only like My Little Ponies because of the gorgeous, vivid colours and crazy themes, real ponies are booooring!

The actual thought of a pony terrifies me! Mainly because my one experience riding one resulted in my getting bucked because some dumb kid touched it and made it scared.

Offline Twilight Pink

• TwinkieMomo
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Green Day
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2013, 02:12:50 PM »
I'd rather stick to My Little Ponies...easier to maintain  ^^; and buy (in most cases  >_<)

A real equine wants WAAAAY too much for me and I couldn't handle it  :blink: plus they're pricey and have numerous health issues and when it passes away, where to bury it?  :huh: so yup, definitly MLPs for me :D
Oh no!
avi by kittywhiskers :kyo: .

Offline cyberunicorn

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • show the wind how to fly
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2013, 02:15:08 PM »
I have two, a fell cross welsh mountain pony and one liquorice allsort

they smell and in turn you smell, eat you out of house and home, and you never have any money .......  :blink:

but I would not change a thing  :biggrin:

I would get rid of every pony in my collection right now of they needed something no questions asked.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline BrinnyTheBrave

• Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2013, 02:15:21 PM »
No- I only like My Little Ponies because of the gorgeous, vivid colours and crazy themes, real ponies are booooring!

The actual thought of a pony terrifies me! Mainly because my one experience riding one resulted in my getting bucked because some dumb kid touched it and made it scared.

This is what drew me to My Little Ponies, mainly G4. Luna's colour scheme is gorgeous!

Am.... am I the only one on here who one day wants a really pony?  :blink:

@Cyberunicon wow! Your horses are gorgeous! I'm jealous right now  :P keep up the good work :)
« Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 02:17:35 PM by BrinnyTheBrave »

Offline cyberunicorn

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2013, 02:18:57 PM »

This is what drew me to My Little Ponies, mainly G4. Luna's colour scheme is gorgeous!

@Cyberunicon wow! Your horses are gorgeous! I'm jealous right now  :P keep up the good work :)

Thank You  :blush:

Offline Twilight Pink

• TwinkieMomo
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Green Day
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2013, 02:20:27 PM »
I have two, a fell cross welsh mountain pony and one liquorice allsort

they smell and in turn you smell, eat you out of house and home, and you never have any money .......  :blink:

but I would not change a thing  :biggrin:

I would get rid of every pony in my collection right now of they needed something no questions asked.

I like your horsie :3
Yes, real equines are appealing to my eyes, but not to keep  :lol:
Oh no!
avi by kittywhiskers :kyo: .

Offline BrinnyTheBrave

• Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2013, 02:20:54 PM »

Thank You  :blush:

No problem :)

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2013, 02:23:23 PM »
I wanted one as a kid and a tween-  then I got one!  (Bribery for moving). 

Turns out they are a lot of work.  They want as much attention as a dog, you have to rake their poops and take them out very regularly for activity (or they get cranky and bored and sad).  They also are super social (like all equines) and so you can't keep them by themselves- you have to get a SECOND pony or horse- or keep them stabled somewhere that has lots around (expensive). )

ALSO the price of good quality food is somewhat shocking, and vet bills are seriously no joke.  Vaccines are actually not so bad if you can do them yourself (thanks vet supply) but equines tend to have assorted issues relating to their feet and eating the wrong thing - and colic- and getting old- sometimes stones-  all of these things require emergency vet visits that are CRUSHING, just crushing expensive. 

That said- I loved my pony- even when I outgrew him and got a horse.  He was such a silly little thing- a bit ornery as many ponies tend to be... but tough too.  He would actually CHASE dogs down and try to step on them (that is a good thing because where I used to ride there were unfenced dogs that would sometimes run out and bark and nip at his feet). 

Oh- and they live a VERY long time too.  Poor shadow was over 40 when he finally died- I guess he was on the old side, but they usually live into their 30s- so that is a big commitment!   

Hmm, so what's my point?  Ponies are great friends but wicked expensive and a lot of work.  I'd steer clear unless you were more than fully committed and had a savings account already started for his food and vet bills... and you wanted a very time-intensive hobby.

Offline cyberunicorn

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2013, 02:28:32 PM »
I wanted one as a kid and a tween-  then I got one!  (Bribery for moving). 

Turns out they are a lot of work.  They want as much attention as a dog, you have to rake their poops and take them out very regularly for activity (or they get cranky and bored and sad).  They also are super social (like all equines) and so you can't keep them by themselves- you have to get a SECOND pony or horse- or keep them stabled somewhere that has lots around (expensive). )

ALSO the price of good quality food is somewhat shocking, and vet bills are seriously no joke.  Vaccines are actually not so bad if you can do them yourself (thanks vet supply) but equines tend to have assorted issues relating to their feet and eating the wrong thing - and colic- and getting old- sometimes stones-  all of these things require emergency vet visits that are CRUSHING, just crushing expensive. 

That said- I loved my pony- even when I outgrew him and got a horse.  He was such a silly little thing- a bit ornery as many ponies tend to be... but tough too.  He would actually CHASE dogs down and try to step on them (that is a good thing because where I used to ride there were unfenced dogs that would sometimes run out and bark and nip at his feet). 

Oh- and they live a VERY long time too.  Poor shadow was over 40 when he finally died- I guess he was on the old side, but they usually live into their 30s- so that is a big commitment!   

Hmm, so what's my point?  Ponies are great friends but wicked expensive and a lot of work.  I'd steer clear unless you were more than fully committed and had a savings account already started for his food and vet bills... and you wanted a very time-intensive hobby.

this totally, even though mine get kept on a budget they still cost a lot of money. I got real luck they both stay out at grass and that is enough for them so I don't actually feed them anything unless the weather is really bad (as in -15 weather) and they come in then it is just hey but the price of that is ever increasing.

Offline zora

• Trade Count: (+75)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2013, 02:29:27 PM »
i also have one and guess what? he lives with a haflinger mare and 2 others :)

well, he isnt a pony, he is a huuuuge horse. :D

ps: did you know that haflinger origin in austria, my small homecountry?  :P

pps: our horses also live like cyberunicorns horses. the have a huge grass field where they can get food and a forrest where they can find shelter. if they want they also can go into the stable, its open all day. we also just feed them in winter (hay and sometimes horse cereals (dont know how to say in english)) :D
« Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 02:38:28 PM by zora »
Former Nirvana and BigBro Collector

Offline BrinnyTheBrave

• Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2013, 02:54:21 PM »
@zora, I'm glad for you! Horses are so beautiful!

Offline Sprinkles

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2013, 02:55:10 PM »
I wanted a pony when I was little but when my dad and stepmom got one for my stepsister a couple years ago, I didn't really have any interest.
Pony want list | Doll want list | Starlight's Reference
Thank you TornadoTwist for my avatar :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal