collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Get rid of 50 things, part 2  (Read 6548 times)

Offline happycootie

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Colorswirl Pony
  • G1 collector & animal lover
    • View Profile
Re: Get rid of 50 things, part 2
« Reply #45 on: August 10, 2013, 06:18:24 PM »
My girls' room is done! One bag of clothing and other of stuff animals have been taken to Goodwill. I'm tired... my recipes will have to wait for tomorrow.

Offline Katika

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 11, 2013, 08:16:08 AM »
Two more things so far today, and it's not even lunch time!  I'm on a roll, lol!

What number am I up to now?  4?  I'm going to go with 4 for now.  So...

4. Expired medications!  OH MY GOSH somehow my husband and I managed to accumulate like 50 pounds (this might be a gross overestimation ;) ) of medications that are in varying states of expiration.  Before it clicked with us that we are blessed with really great health care, we just kept whatever was left on hand for "just in case" situations.  Well, some of this stuff has been following us for six years, across three cross-country moves.  It was time for it to GO.  (And yes, it's all being disposed of properly.)

5. Old, half eaten dog toys.  This was another hard one for me, because let's face it, my dogs are spoiled and I remember a LOT of fun times had with pretty much all of their toys.  There were two that never got played with, so those were easy to get rid of, but some of the others were hard!  Especially as they watched me with begging eyes as I carried the pile to the trash can and shoved them in.  Their toy box/crate has now gone from overflowing onto the floor around it to being nicely managed all inside the box.  The tricky part for me is going to be refraining from buying more toys until a few more get "eaten." 

I fully expect more cleaning to get done today, but wanted to get these items logged before I got too distracted or forgot :)  Keep up the good work, everyone!!

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 11, 2013, 08:20:43 AM »
^O^ Katika, I think you are an inspiration.

I'm gunna look at my doggies toys, because they are also spoiled. <__<;

While I don't think I could totally do 50 items, I have been getting rid of stuff too!

I have a whole big pile of my own clothes, I convinced the hubby to get rid of a few shirts, stationary (KAWAII! stickers, and notepads), toys (My Pretty Pony x 2, Cotton Candy plush), misc paperwork (expired warranties, old letters), some old artwork, books/manga, magazines...

Oh and the other day I threw away some expired canned food... <__<; Yuck.

That means like, if I was keeping track, it'd be 9 things. :D
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline Kiwi

• Hippity Hoppity Site Admin
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • ~ Squeewi ~
    • View Profile
    • Kiwi's Paradise
« Reply #48 on: August 11, 2013, 08:27:43 AM »
Now that I've finished my big craft project, I can tidy up the office! Bye-bye old papers, and getting stuff filed away properly :)

And another box of books stored away.... yay for under bed space. ;)
« Last Edit: August 11, 2013, 08:29:46 AM by Kiwi »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 Kiwi ref sheet :bunny: *BUNNIES* :bunny: Avatar: Thank you SDS!

Offline Prince Primbrose

• Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Quit horsin around!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 11, 2013, 08:59:45 AM »
I've slowly gotten started...

1. Pony packaging. I was saving a big box of G4 boxes and backcards for some crazy reason. I kept a pretty backgrounds but tossed out everything else.

2. 20+ blindbags, sold to Arena members.

3. Old receipts. I don't think I'll be returning the plates I bought my aunt last Christmas...

I'm going after my closet next chance I get. I know I've got tons hoarded in those boxes.

Offline CrazyCatPony

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • 1st step is to admit you have a problem, i dont :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 11, 2013, 09:15:57 AM »
Dinning room table/ major stuff dumping ground cleaned, junk mail gone plus a broken fan that got set there? Either way we can use the table again!

Offline Katika

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 11, 2013, 10:34:20 AM »
^O^ Katika, I think you are an inspiration.

Why, thank you!  I'm not sure I'd go as far as to say that, especially since the more I'm buckling down and starting to go through my stuff, the more I seem like a cluttery, sloppy, hoarding person.  It's weird - up until this challenge, I didn't even realize how much stuff I was holding on to for no real reason except for sentimental stuff!

That said, I got through the master bedroom closet (yikes!) and all but the sock drawer in my dresser (that's it's own beast to tackle at a time that I have a little more in my reserves ;) ).  So...

5. Master bedroom closet junk - I managed to find 5 blankets, a heap of mismatched pillow cases, 7 pairs of shoes, 14 shirts, 3 purses and a tranquility fountain (?!) that even if I want, I totally do not need.  A couple of the shirts were hard to let go of, but realistically they don't really fit anymore, and it's not even an issue of "Maybe they'll fit if I tone up a bit."  They're, like, tiny.  I did keep two items that maybe I shouldn't have - the first shirt that my husband bought me when we were dating (that also became my college "good luck on your exam!" shirt) and my pair of Latin dance shoes.  I'm not sure if I'm going to ever pick it up again, but if I do, I really don't want to have to go through trying to find the perfect pair again!

6. My dresser junk I was only able to find 6 pairs of pants and a heap of erm... underoos to get rid of (I am kind of obsessive over those Victoria's Secret sales and have so many pairs that I could probably wear a different one every day for three months straight without ever needing to wash any.  Seriously.  It was kinda creepy!).  I think that I went through my dresser last year when I got together the previously removed garage sale junk and that's why there was so little to get rid of from there.  I also had one pair of breeches that I could have gotten rid of, but they are still nice and there is NO second-hand market for breeches around here and I couldn't really justify throwing them away either.  There's nothing wrong with them; they're just my least favorite pair out of the group (I have two thermal, two tights and three average weight, so it's not like I'm out of control on my breeches, either!).

Like I said... my sock drawer is coming at a later time, because if I thought I was obsessive over my VS underwear, it's frightening to think about my darned socks!  I'm actually really starting to enjoy this purging thing and am feeling great about it!  The items I just listed haven't yet actually left the house (they're going to the garage sale stuff this following weekend), but I've officially written it off!  My mower decided to not start this morning and I don't know enough about engines to fix it myself, so my outdoor activity of the day has been cancelled, meaning I'll probably get to a few more places today before I'm done! 

Offline StoryDreamer

• Go boldly
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Bri
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 11, 2013, 03:11:32 PM »
You guys are inspiring! I spent the day out of at a tennis tournament (there's a week of it go) but hoping to get some done tonight. Taking pictures and sending them off to Arena members of items I'm trying to sell, and throwing out a bunch of trash!
Hey, want to review media or contribute an article about books, movies, comics, tv or video games from a woman's perspective? Check out my new media blog in the making, What the Fangirl LGBTQ+ friendly

Offline Aquarel

• Trade Count: (+41)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Forever busy with stuff...
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 12, 2013, 12:33:19 AM »
Spend last weekend at a medieval (11th century) reenactment, sold one spare tunic and gave away (in some sort of a trade) another I had made.
Also gave away a 13th century kaproen/hood/lirripipe thing.

Also cut up some silk fabric to make 11th century hose (nearly finished), will cut the pattern for my new dress in this gorgeous darkish green/blue wool so yay! My saint-mary coloured dress is really getting worn out.

So yay! Next up: cleaning more ponies / sorting through the G3 boxes
and finishing up my sales post.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2013, 02:50:40 AM by Aquarel »
Selling some ponies to pay for the vet bills of abandoned rabbits I adopted!
http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,385086.msg1626364.html#msg1626364:frog:

Offline nessy_86

• Trade Count: (+93)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 12, 2013, 04:57:57 AM »
Name: Vanessa
How much do you think you'll get rid of: I'm pushing for some number well into the hundreds (literally!)
Why are you doing this: I'm sick and tired of all this "stuff" sitting around my house! It's starting to drive me crazy!
How do you think you'll feel after getting rid of things: Much better! I'll actually be able to relax without feeling like I should have to do something.
What things are you getting rid of first: I tackled my closet/dressers yesterday and did a major cleaning out. I have a giant pile of clothes on my floor (at least 100 pieces of clothing) to either donate or sell. I found a place to do a group yard sale on Sept 21st so that's my motivation to get everything done- also, my brother in law is coming into town so that's also a motivation to get everything cleaned up.

I also purged my ponies. I got rid of every single duplicate pony I have. 3 bags worth! So I am working on getting them cleaned up to get them out of here (they are all G3s so I have no idea what I'm going to do with them)!

Today I am tackling my "storage area" aka my husband's work room in the basement! When we bought a house my parents brought out everything-- literally EVERYTHING-- of mine from back home.  I just shoved it and my million other things (I'm a Christmas fanatic and have tons of decorations) against the walls with the promise that I would go through them an purge a bunch of stuff. I started a while ago (giant pile in the middle of the floor) and haven't started back up again.

My goal today is to get rid of at least two totes full of stuff!

Eaglefeather

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #55 on: August 12, 2013, 06:23:39 AM »
You guys are inspiring! I spent the day out of at a tennis tournament (there's a week of it go) but hoping to get some done tonight. Taking pictures and sending them off to Arena members of items I'm trying to sell, and throwing out a bunch of trash!

Happy belated birthday! I hope you had a nice day. :)

Well, so far I'm at 11 things, hoping to get to at least 30. It's been a challenge, that's for sure! Most of the things I've given away are the same kind of things (papers, clothes, scraps). Maybe I should venture out of my bedroom and start cleaning the rest of my house? Hopefully my parents won't be mad!

Offline Tiffymh1fan

• Trade Count: (+116)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Im attracted to shinny glitter
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 12, 2013, 06:44:10 AM »
I will have to try this thread too. Its a great idea to help me stay motivated and on top of what I need to do. Can I make a check list here? lol I lose mine that is on paper all the time.
Anyways
Im hoping more than 50 items, but Ill take small steps 15mins of de cluttering every day with out being side tracked.
I think this will help save money or make some by selling some stuff. I hope  :)

So far Ive Thrown out:
A Bike, A bag of old cloth,s, 3 board games, A curtain rod, A bunch of cleaning bottles, Shoes, A costume, a box of CDs,  box of Kid's peek a boo blocks, a book, some ponys, 3 puzzles,

At this rate Ill be doing this for years lol
« Last Edit: September 30, 2013, 11:37:33 AM by Tiffymh1fan »
Glitter for everyone! :fireworks:

Offline Katika

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 13, 2013, 10:25:12 AM »
Yikes!  I was a bad girl yesterday and didn't get any cleaning done - whoops!  I, however, finally catch up on some missed sleep, got the dogs walked and worked all three of my horses for the first time in about six weeks (long story about my current schedule...).  My mower dying has possibly turned into a relatively major problem, but I won't know until I have my neighbor come help me with it.  Either way, today seems to be going a bit more normally.  So far, I've managed to clean out my kitchen island, which has given me "thing" number... 7?  is that what I'm on?

7. Miscellaneous pet supplies stored in the island.  Last February, my older dog almost died from bloat, and so there is a whole laundry list of things she's not allowed to eat anymore.  Strangely enough, I discovered that I hadn't gotten rid of those things, just shoved them further back onto the critter shelf.  I also found a collection of old food dishes, MORE toys, a 3/4 used bag of LRS (?!) and food for aquarium critters that I no longer have.  All of that made it into the trash, and now I'm able to actually see everything that's on my critter shelf! 

I hope to get through the rest of my kitchen today, including under the sink (yikes!), my misc dishes and appliances, and my pantry (anyone else stock up on things like rice and pasta then *never eat them*?).  Depending on the rest of the day, I might even make it into the tack room - I *know* I'm holding on to a lot of stuff I don't need in there!

Hope everyone else is keeping up the good work!!

Offline LittleSpiffy

• Spifftastic!
  • Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 13, 2013, 11:11:30 AM »
I have added more junk ponies & other toys after a weekend of ponyhunting >_<

Time to start cleaning again!

GothMummy

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #59 on: August 13, 2013, 01:34:23 PM »
OK I have not really had time to devote to this but I am participating "on the fly" in between re-fencing my horse's paddock and driving  my children round to seemingly endless summer activities... ;)

So today I got rid of:

A Pair of shoes
A dress and a pair of jeans
huge pile of reciepts that were on my night stand (oooops!)
Some books.
Some horse tack (bits of broken bridle... odd reins... odd stirrups... I am not sure what I was saving them for..)
Ohh! And inspired by you lot - some old, disgusting dog toys!!

That brings my total up to 7 ;)

Im hoping to put a bit more effort in tomorrow!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal