collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Your recent RAOK?  (Read 807 times)

Offline shockponie

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Your recent RAOK?
« on: August 08, 2013, 10:24:00 AM »
What random act of kindness did you do recently? It doesn't have to be big... Sometimes it's just nice to hear about the graciousness of others. I go on FB and see people gripe & argue plenty, but it's a treat to see the posts about people showing kindness to strangers.

When I reinflated my car tires this morning, I saw a little old lady having trouble filling hers when I was done, so I helped her. She offered to pay me, but I turned her down. Please don't think I'm coming here to brag. It just made me feel good. I should make this a habit. :P ;) How about you?
Avatar by Shenanigans; Sig by Shaiyeh
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline StoryDreamer

• Go boldly
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Bri
    • View Profile
Re: Your recent RAOK?
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2013, 01:12:04 PM »
I tried to pay for a lady's meat at the grocery last weekend, when she had to put one back because she didn't have enough, but she refused. :(
Hey, want to review media or contribute an article about books, movies, comics, tv or video games from a woman's perspective? Check out my new media blog in the making, What the Fangirl LGBTQ+ friendly

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2013, 02:18:07 PM »
Ummm..... I don't know...... I'm afraid I just do things. I don't really think about it. It's just kinda how things are in my world so it doesn't stand out much.

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline Katika

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2013, 02:24:08 PM »
If I'm going in to the grocery store and there's a homeless person asking for help near the entrance of the parking lot, I buy a bag of apples and a bag of beef jerky (produce and protein) for them.  It amounts to less than $10 for me and gives nutrition to someone who (according to one of them that I talked to for a while) usually just gets fast food burgers dropped for them.  I've actually had a couple of them break down and cry over the thoughtfulness of produce.  I never give money, because you don't always know where it might go, but bringing food by is a good way to "out" the fakers - and if they don't want it, you know someone in your life will eat it!

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2013, 02:30:49 PM »
I love to see and read about good things :) That is why I made it know a while back on my facebook page that I would not put anything bad on there. Its all good things and lots of pony pictures :)

I am a CNA and I help a lot of people with things they are no longer able to or have a little trouble doing it.  I like to hold doors open for others and even wait for them to come to the door. I just like to be a all around good person :)

Offline LadySiha

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
  • I'll meet you across the sea...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2013, 02:39:18 PM »
Not a big thing, but I had a kiddo in earlier that didn't have coins to cover tax on some cards he was buying, so I paid it for him.

Offline Katika

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2013, 02:41:42 PM »
Not a big thing, but I had a kiddo in earlier that didn't have coins to cover tax on some cards he was buying, so I paid it for him.

More things like THIS need to happen to teach kids to be more giving.  I promise you that he will remember what you did for a long while, and hope that it made a strong enough impression on him to stick!

Offline LadySiha

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
  • I'll meet you across the sea...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2013, 03:25:26 PM »

More things like THIS need to happen to teach kids to be more giving.  I promise you that he will remember what you did for a long while, and hope that it made a strong enough impression on him to stick!

I just figure it's such an easy thing to do, to give a little kid the few cents they forgot (or didn't know they needed). ^.^

Offline slyons

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • G1 Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2013, 04:45:54 PM »
I recently gave a woman (that was behind me in line) my 50% coupon at the thrift store because she had a whole cartful of stuff and I only had two ponies! She was so surprised and happy she gave me a hug! (Which didn't do great things for my personal bubble rule but, eh...)

Thank you Shaiyeh and Griffin for my adoptables!!

Offline Sarahlacewing

• Mommy sparkle pony
  • Trade Count: (+87)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2013, 06:12:35 PM »
Yesterday at work we had a woman who was feeling very sick.  She was diabetic and she was very shaky on her feet. The ladies at my work are all sort of momma bear types so we got her set down and bought some water and food for her.  Trish is a nurse so she checked her all out and we waited with her until her ride got there.  Once her blood sugar got back up she was right as rain, but I do hope she went straight home and checked her levels.
I'm not really on here anymore. Email me if you need my for something.

Offline spottedslug

• Trade Count: (+106)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2013, 08:15:22 PM »
I love ROAK... I try to do one at least once a week. :slug:

I slipped a $5 Starbucks gift card in a co-worker's mailbox today. :biggrin:

Offline katieklassified

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2013, 09:22:42 PM »
I opened at my restaurant Tuesday and my co-worker who opened with me was super sick. It was incredibly dedicated of him to show up, but he was really weak on his feet, and they were planning on sending him home as soon as the closers showed up at 12. We actually got pretty busy and I took all his tables so he could sit down and not pass out.

I mean, obviously I benefitted, too. But I would have even just helped him out and let him keep his tables. He was really sick. =/

I also hold a lot of doors for people. And since I work in a restaurant, I run things out to peoples' cars that they forget a LOT. They're always surprised that someone would actually bring their stuff out to them as they're leaving. =)

HELP ME NAME MY PONYSONA!

Offline True

• Eartha Uncorn
  • Trade Count: (+98)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Unicorn of the earth
    • View Profile
    • Truly Customs
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2013, 10:30:45 PM »
I gave someone my parking spot at the fair! xD it was right by the door and this place gets packed, I mean the parking lot is literally just giant fields so i was pretty amazed that i got such a good spot, usually i have to walk for ages, so as i was leaving i saw a car being held up and waved at them to follow me :p they were pretty happy about it, htey had a buuunch of kids in that car xD
:heart: My Sales Thread :heart:
Toola Roola Avatar by Pikashoes!

Offline shockponie

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2013, 06:04:22 AM »
Aw, pony people are so nice. :biggrin:

This happened to me when I was in kindergarten! I saved money to buy a book at the grocery store and was short a few cents for tax. I was incredibly embarassed! The nice cashier lady gave me the change. I was so grateful!
Avatar by Shenanigans; Sig by Shaiyeh

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2013, 08:39:11 AM »
I love doing things for others, but some of the most special things are the anonymous ones that I don't reveal to anyone that I am up to.

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal