collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Pony genealogy...  (Read 780 times)

Offline Sunshine

• Glub Glub Fishy Pony
  • Trade Count: (+312)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Call me Sunny! :)
    • View Profile
    • SQPonies eCrater Store
Pony genealogy...
« on: July 30, 2013, 01:18:10 PM »
So I started thinking about some of the mother/baby sets in G1... and most of them make sense to me...

Bowtie and Baby Bowtie, Applejack Baby Applejack, Lickety Split Baby Lickety Split, Surprise Baby Surprise... they're all the same "breed"... but I was thinking about Up, Up and Away... her baby is a unicorn! And... well there aren't any specifically male unicorns, right? Except for maybe the Re Unicorno or whatever his name is that came with ... what the Italian Dream Castle? Sure some other ponies can be male, I know many of us consider certain ponies male that aren't the Big Brothers... in my mind though, they're girls... or no gender, lol I guess...

But, what's the explanation for Up, Up and Away...?
Any other examples of this breed-bending genealogy? :biggrin:
Visit my MLP Store for Ponies of all Generations! For Sale or Trade!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My Want List
Formerly Known As: SunshinePony

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • Trade Count: (+128)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
Re: Pony genealogy...
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2013, 01:22:06 PM »
There was another thread the same last year I think, and I think it was generally thought it was very strange and no real explanation.
I find it odd, but she is mighty cute! Guess we all want more boy ponies!! He he Hasbro? ;)

Offline cyberunicorn

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • show the wind how to fly
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2013, 01:26:10 PM »
for me baby frosting is male as is baby shady (but not the adult) but that is just me it depends on what they look like. I do wish they had made more male ponies I am running out of ones to collect  :huh: (in my price range anyway) thought it does not help that I do not like the baby brother ponies with the exception of clipper and lucky. I just cannot see how they have full feathers at that young age (horsy person here)
« Last Edit: July 30, 2013, 01:27:49 PM by cyberunicorn »

Offline katrine2309

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Every day is someone's birthday - celebrate it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2013, 01:30:05 PM »
Yeah, some of the TAF babies are strange that way I guess. Isn't baby Milky Way a pegasus?

I adore baby Up, up and away though. She is a cutie! But that name is quite the mouthful...
Visit my Flickr for doll & pony pictures!

My wantlist - pony wear, backcards & puffy/flat stickers

Looking for Puffy Stickers: Ripple (seapony), Gypsy and Gusty on original backing

Offline ravengusty

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2013, 02:00:52 PM »
Yeah, some of the TAF babies are strange that way I guess. Isn't baby Milky Way a pegasus?

I adore baby Up, up and away though. She is a cutie! But that name is quite the mouthful...

Yep baby Milky Way is a Pegasus. It confuses the hell out of me lol.

I think the shortage and price of boy ponies doesn't help lol I've seen custom boy unicorns.

I agree on the baby boys, there are the baby brothers with feathers which i thought why? It confused me that they had the hoof feathering and yet baby Lucky, baby Brothe Sweet celebrations, apple delight, and the other whos name i forget have like a little line going round that distinguishes them from the baby girls. That would be better for boys.

FT baby Fifi is earth and her mum is unicorn but her dad could be earth too. Hehe one day I will own boy ponies again like I did as a kid. I'm hoping to complete my Apple Delight family at Ponycon in september.

There are a lot of people who use 'girls' as boys because they think of them as boys I forget which ones but I think Windy has been used as a boy and a pony in the Gingerbread pose too (I'm hopeless at remembering old threads at times)
my new fan page https://www.facebook.com/princessofpowerukfan
:socks:
Just so you know...I open boxes! My cash, my pony, my choice  :biggrin:
Respect to Box lovers you have stronger will than I do...peace  :)

Offline Doedeardarling

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2013, 02:08:23 PM »
I too see many of the babies as boys. Like Sandcastle and Shovels, definitely boys to me. But back to the breed issue. See, ponies never actually give birth to any of the babies. The baby ponies come from magic mirrors and drawings and wishes and aren't really related to their adult versions at all. They don't even live together, as baby ponies live in the Lullaby Nursery and the current nurse pony (more often than not Gusty in the comics) looks after them. That's my explanation.

Offline Rhubarbpie

• Trade Count: (+70)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2013, 02:19:51 PM »
I think this pretty much explains everything  :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9VGVxsSeyk

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2013, 02:50:10 PM »
I want to say for G1 the idea was that most of the baby ponies came from a magic mirror or something and to explain the different breeds with some of the babies... possibly just a mix up? *shrugs* I don't like adding G4 logic to G1s personally XD
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Offline Malicieuse

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • All gen collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2013, 02:57:36 PM »
I want to say for G1 the idea was that most of the baby ponies came from a magic mirror or something and to explain the different breeds with some of the babies... possibly just a mix up? *shrugs* I don't like adding G4 logic to G1s personally XD

Same here. If they can even be brought to life from drawings than i'm really not going to be shocked about some babies not being the same species as their mother. XD G1 always seemed more magical and wierd than G4. I like it that way.

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • MOC Mimic
  • SalliCostumer on DeviantArt
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2013, 03:03:39 PM »
Maybe they were adopted! ;)

Yes, my Sky Rocket was always a boy in my mind. ;)

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2013, 03:52:11 PM »

Same here. If they can even be brought to life from drawings than i'm really not going to be shocked about some babies not being the same species as their mother. XD G1 always seemed more magical and wierd than G4. I like it that way.
Lol I forgot about the drawing ones XD
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2013, 04:23:51 PM »
Baby Fifi and Fifi is always the one I think of too :) But there is also Baby Sweet Tooth as a unicorn.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline LittleSpiffy

• Spifftastic!
  • Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2013, 05:50:02 PM »
Okay, bear with me - I'm feeling creative (or just punchy from being way too tired)...

The G1 babies weren't really the offspring of the adult ponies.  No.  There was some sort of crazy time disturbance and the babies were actually the adult ponies from the past.  Somehow their younger selves kept being transported into the future (or the adult's present).  There was no way to send them back, so the adult ponies took care of their younger selves.

This created huge disturbances in the timeline of the ponies.  The universe just couldn't handle it.  This is when things started getting really weird and babies from different parallel timelines started popping into the present.  The alternate species of baby TAF ponies were from alternate timelines!

Well, the accumulation of this crazy time traveling stuff eventually caused Ponyland to cease to exist...and that's how we got G2's!

Offline Sunshine

• Glub Glub Fishy Pony
  • Trade Count: (+312)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Call me Sunny! :)
    • View Profile
    • SQPonies eCrater Store
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2013, 07:11:40 PM »
:haha: Super funny! :biggrin:

It has always been a thought - like, with some other things, that the "babies" are really just those adults in their baby phase. Which could be true.

I'm starting to think of more males who are in that Shady pose...Sky Rocket is a good male, Shady, and of course the UK Daddys...

But I think the TAF Babies are just... maybe they're the crazy ones, since more of them are cross-breed than others, though I didn't remember about Fifi until you mentioned it! At least Dancing Butterflies and her baby are both pegasus... lol still kinda funny to think of. I think Unicorn/Peg brother ponies would've been AMAZING!

Speaking of... what gender are the sea ponies? haha :)
Visit my MLP Store for Ponies of all Generations! For Sale or Trade!

My Want List
Formerly Known As: SunshinePony

Offline ponyqueen

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • "My, Earth really is full of things." -King of All
    • View Profile
    • Etsy
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2013, 07:15:14 PM »
I always figured the guys at Hasbro just weren't paying attention!

:heart: Did I forget to leave feedback? Please pm me! :heart:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal