collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Lost ponies get clean! PC please? w/ before and after pics!  (Read 1063 times)

Offline Radha

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • So Soft Pony
  • It goes ding when there's stuff!
    • View Profile
    • Tactile Memories
So a few weeks ago I ordered a lot of ponies off Goodwill.  They were all G1's, and while they weren't exactly rare, it was 10 ponies from the first couple of years and they looked to be in great condition.  I won the lot and stalked the tracking site on USPS....

And noticed one day that my ponies had supposedly almost been delivered, and they left a notice.  Well, no notice... I'm concerned but the next day is the 4th, so I wait...Go to the post office bright and early Friday the 5th...Oh, well, we don't know where the package is.  Concerned, I ask if someone has the notice, could they come pick up my package? Yes, says the lady! Aah :yikes:  She takes my name and number and promises a supervisor will call...no call Saturday :blink:

So this morning, right at 9, I call....busy signal.  Well, that's weird, what modern business doesn't have multiple lines and a phone system.  Ok, call again at 9:10, then 10:15, then 10:30.  Always a busy signal!  Fed up I open a case via the USPS online system, telling them what happened. 

Lo and behold, at 4:00 I get a call.  They've 'found' my package!  Not sure why they couldn't find it before, they say... :enraged:

Anyway...new ponies!  They are so beautiful- in just as good a shape as the pictures showed, including the whitest Gusty I've ever seen, a Posey with perfect pink hair and symbols, and a FF Bluebell and Butterscotch!  Posey and Confetti might even have original ribbons on! 

I was planning on selling them, but I'm thinking not, now.  Could I have a pc anyway, so I can congratulate myself? No cancer, no pindot, no marks beyond what I think Magic Eraser can fix, only a few minor glitter losses on symbols, no cut hair!  They may not be rare but these ponies are in such nice condition  :frolic:

Also, thank goodness for tracking. I have dark suspicions of what would have happened to my package without it ;(

[img=400]http://visitors can't see pics , please register or login
[/img]

[/img]

[/img]

[/img]

***Clean and shiny ponies!  Here's everyone all fixed up.  I did find a few flaws once they were clean, but still so few!  May I have a price check, please? 

Collector ponies- Butterscotch and Blue Belle are flat-footed. Great used condition-mostly because I don't think ponies can be mint after 30 years unless they are MOC/MIP.
[img=400http://visitors can't see pics , please register or login
][/img]

Peachy and Lemon Drop.  Common but they are also in great used condition! Lemondrop does rattle.
[/img]

Gusty and Parasol.  Gusty is super white! Glitter is great. Small ink dot on shoulder I will fade, two tiny brown stains at the tip of her leaf symbol on 1 side- hard to distinguish from glitter. Parasol is a perfect pink! Minor glitter loss, one rub to symbol on display side.
[/img]

Finally- Confettie and Posey! Posey is almost perfect, honestly- I can't find a thing wrong with her except a minor blush rub.  Confetti as 1 or 2 confetti pieces that are rubbed, and a small brown spot on her hind leg (super light) that might be caner or regrind.  Otherwise perfect- her blush is super bright, no fading anywhere, still pretty white body!
[/img]
« Last Edit: July 10, 2013, 08:51:17 AM by Radha »

BigHicks1977

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Lost ponies come home ) pics!
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2013, 05:29:35 PM »
Amazing ponies CONGRATS!!!!!! :shocked:

Offline PinkiePosh

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
  • previously pinkiepony
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Marketplace Store
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2013, 05:30:01 PM »
you can ORDER STUFF FROM GOODWILL? What? what is this! That's exciting!   

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2013, 05:40:13 PM »
Oh my gosh!!! They look very nice and sorry you had to go threw all of that :(

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2013, 05:40:45 PM »
Beautiful ponies!  Congrats!
The Bad Trader List
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2013, 05:43:24 PM »
Yay for ponies making it home!
I always, ALWAYS do tracking because of these sorts of things
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

BlondePonyTail

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2013, 05:48:56 PM »
I did NOT know that GoodWill kept all the good stuff and put it up for auction on the internet... until now... interesting. No wonder I never find anything good there...

Offline Radha

• So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
    • Tactile Memories
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2013, 05:49:28 PM »

You can, sort of!  It's set up like as an auction somewhat like ebay.  (shopgoodwill dot com)  It's hit and miss- many of the stores charge hefty shipping and handling depending on the size of the lot.  They also don't specify condition exactly, but they do post lots of pics.  Prices can get high with the S&H, however, and lots of people bid.  I've had some good luck and some things go too high.  They sell all gens and seem to have at least a couple of stores on the west coast that recognize MLP and put them up for auction regularly.

Post Merge: July 08, 2013, 05:51:45 PM

I did NOT know that GoodWill kept all the good stuff and put it up for auction on the internet... until now... interesting. No wonder I never find anything good there...

I don't know that all the Goodwill's do it- I find ones at the Goodwill locally (still rare); most of the ones that post them are on the West Coast.  I've actually wondered about that- almost all the lots are out of Willamette Valley- I assume someone on staff there learned they were collectible?  You can buy other stuff, too, like jewelry, etc.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2013, 05:51:45 PM by Radha »

BlondePonyTail

« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2013, 06:02:25 PM »
I guess it just bothers me a little because all of my ponies are finds. I don't buy online, especially not auctions... not at this point. My thrill is in the hunt. And I guess it bothers me to know that they might be hiding away the good stuff to put online, I guess to make more money on it.

Offline Radha

• So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
    • Tactile Memories
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2013, 06:07:06 PM »
I like the in person hunt too :lol:  I'm also bummed to pay shipping from the West Coast, since I live in the Midwest.  But you can 'hunt' auctions too, if you are patient and not prone to overbidding at the last moment.  I wouldn't know anything about that  :redface:  Those us who are somewhat rural need the online option- the thrift stores in town (all 4 of them!) recognize me now.  It's a good way to network but there are only so many ponies for them to get around here.   :huh:

BigHicks1977

« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2013, 06:09:14 PM »
I TOTALLY FEEL THE SAME WAY and I will never EVER EVER!!!!!!! walk into another Goodwill and I will spend countless time telling all my collecting friends people at flea markets,yardsales,thrift store, starngers on the street that if you plan on donating or shopping at your local goodwill dont bother they will just put the good stuff online and will not be helping your local community with there shopping needs so dont bother :enraged: :enraged: :enraged: :enraged: :enraged: :enraged:

gypsyunicorn

« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2013, 06:14:53 PM »
It is an auction site and to be honest, they don't tell you condition on ponies, all you get is a few photos to go by and the shipping is outrageous and the bids are too. I never have luck there, always get out bidded and feel I do much better here and on eBay but perhaps everyone else can find a deal there. I would rather go into a second hand store for real luck.

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2013, 06:15:53 PM »
I guess it depends. I've never had trouble finding things at Goodwill.
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

gypsyunicorn

« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2013, 06:17:50 PM »
I TOTALLY FEEL THE SAME WAY and I will never EVER EVER!!!!!!! walk into another Goodwill and I will spend countless time telling all my collecting friends people at flea markets,yardsales,thrift store, starngers on the street that if you plan on donating or shopping at your local goodwill dont bother they will just put the good stuff online and will not be helping your local community with there shopping needs so dont bother :enraged: :enraged: :enraged: :enraged: :enraged: :enraged:
I agree.. we went into a Godwill and behind the counter hanging up was 4 pairs of jeans and they each were tagged at $85 perhaps they are brand name but I can go into other high end thrift shops and get brands for $25!! If you are selling jeans at $85 that may cost $100 well that is nothing then department sale on used stuff, I would rather go into a mall and wait for a true sale!! I hope Goodwill goes out of business!

Offline Radha

• So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
    • Tactile Memories
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2013, 06:23:16 PM »
As a charity, I think they hope to get the most money possible.  I can also understand not wanting to pay the shipping, etc.  I would guess that knowing something that normally sells for a quarter might go for $3/4 dollars online makes a big difference for them.  It isn't as much fun as in person, though, and they definitely don't make any promises on condition.  Not for everyone, for sure.

Wow, I did not suppose this would be such a problem for everyone  :(  I'm just happy with my ponies.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal