collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Lost ponies get clean! PC please? w/ before and after pics!  (Read 1054 times)

BlondePonyTail

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Lost ponies come home ) pics!
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2013, 06:28:44 PM »
Oh darling... Im happy you got nice ponies, but now that I am really researching, I am learning how corrupt they are!

Like this:

" I wonder if people would donate as much to Goodwill if it was understood donations were not being sold to benefit the local community.  The last ten years the prices are being set to maximize profits and no longer to benefit people  the local community.  If fact, Goodwill now sells two thirds of its books, movies and music online. Precious Moments Figurines, for example, were selling for $16 on Shopgoodwill.com.  About 50% of donated clothing is shredded for filler material or sold over seas commonly in Africa.

Prices are optimized to yield the highest price possible but where is the money going?  Goodwill’s Easter Seals program that fosters job preparation and skills training.  But the last 10 years 85 to 95% of the profit have been funneled into new store openings and their online and mobile presence.  Goodwill is a business. It has been opening new stores at a rate any for-profit business would envy.   Its corporate salaries are cushy.  In 1999 then Goodwill CEO David M. Cooney made $209,153: not bad. This, however, was about the time that Goodwill began implementing its growth plan. It was at this time that George W. Kessinger took over as CEO of Goodwill Industries International, in 2001, after 24 years as Orange County Goodwill president.  As CEO he now earns over 1 million per year."

BigHicks1977

« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2013, 06:29:45 PM »
As a charity, I think they hope to get the most money possible.  I can also understand not wanting to pay the shipping, etc.  I would guess that knowing something that normally sells for a quarter might go for $3/4 dollars online makes a big difference for them.  It isn't as much fun as in person, though, and they definitely don't make any promises on condition.  Not for everyone, for sure.

Wow, I did not suppose this would be such a problem for everyone  :(  I'm just happy with my ponies.
NO NO lol we are super happy for your new ponies and have no ill will towards you or anyone that shops there and until RIGHT NOW I shopped there ALL the time I was just shocked when I saw this and then googled Goodwill and found out the truth im sorry if I rained on your beautiful new girls I am super happy for you 
« Last Edit: July 08, 2013, 06:32:02 PM by BigHicks1977 »

Offline BethyVic

• Let It Be/Peace & Love Pony
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • There is still a light that shines on me
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2013, 06:48:48 PM »
That is one of the mintiest Posey's I have ever seen!
[email protected]

*Looking for MOC Starflash and her comb loose, MOC Peppermint Crunch and MOC Sky Rocket (sparkle) all US versions*

Offline ChipsteRJ

• Accessory Genius
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+522)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2013, 07:29:29 PM »
Recently a non cancerous Confetti it is not unheard of to fetch $40+!

Offline Radha

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • So Soft Pony
  • It goes ding when there's stuff!
    • View Profile
    • Tactile Memories
« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2013, 07:46:48 PM »
Thanks for the info :)  Looks like Confetti might have a tiny dot on the back leg- but I don't think I care!  Everyone's hair is still so shiny, and the blush and eyes are amazing. Some of these ladies are sticky, though (and not with plasticizer)- definitely needing baths. 

Do you ever wonder what these toys have been through to be 30+ years old?  I'll try to post clean-up pics  :good:

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2013, 09:45:47 PM »
That Posey is gorgeous!  :)
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

Clarabel Sapphire

« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2013, 06:37:00 AM »
Congrats on such finding such beautiful ponies, they look almost factory fresh!  :biggrin:

Offline reanna-mator

• Trade Count: (+87)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Feminist novelist pony
    • View Profile
    • http://reannaking.deviantart.com
« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2013, 08:33:21 AM »
Goodwill doesn't do much for its employees, either.

I prefer Savers, and I've had better luck finding ponies there anyway. :)

Anyway, congrats on the ponies! That Posey is so gorgeous, nice pink hair and symbols!
Breast cancer warrior.  :enraged: I'm now cancer free!

My Wishlist! Help me finish US G1! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,386264.0.html

Offline CrystalMist

• Colorswirl Pony
  • Colorado is sooooo pretty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2013, 10:37:43 AM »
I ordered a phone case once and it never arrived. And when I looked to track it, it said it had been shipped but not delivered. I can relate to that.

I'm always looking for a Blythe accessories. PM me for any info!cloud_weaver is the best sister ever!!! :heart:

Lightning Twirl

« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2013, 10:54:07 AM »
You can order from Goodwill!? * Googles*

Wow well congrats! =D Your Posey looks most adorable, she has a happy glow to her!

Post Merge: July 09, 2013, 10:55:25 AM

OMG They have the show stable for $5!

Chinabun

« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2013, 11:01:20 AM »
They look amazing!! Lucky you!

Offline Heartcease

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 09, 2013, 11:05:47 AM »
Congrats, those ponies look great!  I was shocked you could bid on stuff from Goodwill too.  It doesn't look like very many stores are doing it though, I'd expect they'd have a lot more to offer if they did.  We donate most of our stuff to the Family Resource Center back home.  That way I know it's going to families that need it, for free.  I don't think every state has something like that set up though.
We are not always what we seem, and hardly ever what we dream. - Schmendrick the Magician, The Last Unicorn

Offline ooizza

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 09, 2013, 01:20:35 PM »
You got a lot of very beautiful ponies! I just love it when you can find G1s with soft, beautiful hair. Congratulations!

I'm so happy that they finally made it to you :)

Offline Tap Dancer

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Dance 'n Prance with me! :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 09, 2013, 01:49:50 PM »
What lovely ponies! I'm glad they finally reached you safely. :)

Offline Radha

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • So Soft Pony
  • It goes ding when there's stuff!
    • View Profile
    • Tactile Memories
Re: Lost ponies get clean! PC please? w/ before and after pics!
« Reply #29 on: July 10, 2013, 08:52:06 AM »
Bump for before and after pics!  Any prices would be appreciated, as these are some of the nicest condition ponies I have!  :biggrin:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal