collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What religion are you?  (Read 7572 times)

Offline ladyfenrir

• Trade Count: (+139)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.furaffinity.net/user/ladyfenrir/
Re: What religion are you?
« Reply #165 on: July 31, 2013, 06:10:22 PM »
non-religious pagan, leaning towards ásatrú as it is my heritage and a big part of my life, and I'm even legally registered as one. XD
~*~ladyfenrir's G1 wish list~*~

Formerly known as "svarta-perlan"

Offline Vintergatan

• Knight of the Ebon Blade
  • Trade Count: (+36)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: July 31, 2013, 07:39:14 PM »
I dont exactly have a religion, but more a way of life. I dont consider myself athiest, but I would consider myself scientific/natural pantheism with bhuddist ethnics. I dont belive in supernatural things or an afterlife, I love all forms of nature. I constantly look up at the stars and watch the sun rise every single morning (unless it rains lol)  I am very accepting of death and I adore all powerful raw forms of nature, all animals, omg planet is just sooo amazing!  All I wanna do in life is help animals and help the planet.I wont  harm or eat anything from animals. I feel as a human, there isnt a reason to harm animals for food if we can live off of plants.To be honest, i am not worried about afterlife at all! I want to live my life in harmony with nature. :)  Other than my husband, I  have yet to meet someone who shares identical thoughts as me.

:rises hand: me, me, me :D and my husband as well :) Although we do consider ourselves atheists (or even anti theists), the bolded part is exactly how we feel! Especially me (I've always been like this). I just feel that this planet and all the creatures on it are so amazing and i want to be a good force in it, not a destructive one.

I also don't worry about the afterlife since i don't believe in soul or anything like that but I must say that death does scare me and make me sad, although if it's an alternative to suffering, I welcome it.
~怕眼里月光 会淋湿你的翅膀~

Offline beagleluva

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Everything happens for a reason ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: July 31, 2013, 08:50:00 PM »
This is so interesting, I love learning about religions :)

The past few years I've been thinking a lot about my faith and I think I've finally figured out what works for me.  I was raised Catholic (went to church all the time when I was a kid, had religion class regularly etc etc).  When I was a young teenager, my grandmother, my mother, and then my cousin passed away.  This led me and most of my family to believe more in the afterlife and spirits being able to communicate with us (FYI: my aunt was on an episode of Long Island Medium for those who watch it! I won't tell which one though :X).  I did have one visitation from my mother about two years after she passed and that has had a huge influence on my beliefs.  As a young adult, I began to lose faith so I tried to become more religious and build a stronger relationship with God if you will...it just didn't fit with me.  However, the attempt to become more religious definitely made me think a lot more about what I really did believe in.  I guess you could say I'm agnostic with catholic influences (love the saints! haha).  I believe that as humans we really can't comprehend what there is beyond what we can see.  I like to believe that there is a God or some sort of creator.  I believe in karma, reincarnation, spirits (animals included!) etc.  I believe that everything happens for a reason and that we're all on this earth to learn lessons and overcome obstacles. 

I do love learning about other religions!  In particular, I love the ideas/traditions within Judaism, Hinduism, Buddhism and Sikhism.  I think everyone should have the freedom to believe whatever makes them happy and works for them.  I'm also very happy to see that everyone has been so kind on this thread and I hope it continues.  :good:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks Daring Symphony for my lovely siggy!  :good:
GameloftID: pinkleopard623

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal