collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Equal Rights brag?  (Read 5129 times)

Offline Whippycorn

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Re: Equal Rights brag?
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2013, 01:02:35 PM »
 :hifive: That's super news! And right in time for your celebration! It's good to see steps in the right direction for a change!  :)
**** ARENA SALES ****

**** EBAY SALES ****

Offline StoryDreamer

• Go boldly
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Bri
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2013, 02:50:09 PM »
I cried. I was so happy!!
Hey, want to review media or contribute an article about books, movies, comics, tv or video games from a woman's perspective? Check out my new media blog in the making, What the Fangirl LGBTQ+ friendly

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2013, 03:04:29 PM »
Congrats to you guys that are benefiting from these changes. I'm glad things are changing and improving for couples. Hopefully we will reach a point where it will allow the wife and I to have such rights...eventually. >_<

Ooh a unicorn do wanna see.
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Offline Teddy

• MLP Tales Goddess
  • Trade Count: (+76)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Mother of Ducks
    • View Profile
    • Teddy's Place
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2013, 03:12:29 PM »
Awesome!!! ^-^

I would also love to see the unicorn. ;)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Click HERE to visit my MLP Tales site!

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2013, 03:24:21 PM »
Congrats to you guys that are benefiting from these changes. I'm glad things are changing and improving for couples. Hopefully we will reach a point where it will allow the wife and I to have such rights...eventually. >_<

I think the days for the gay marriage bans in states like AK (and sadly, many others) are numbered.  You'd think that the SC calling out DOMA as unconstitutional would unravel all of the bans- but they were careful to keep the decision limited to a states rights issue.  I guess most of the activists in states that ban gay marriage think the best way of overturning the bans is to force a public referendum to legalize it (like Washington did).

Kind of sad in my opinion that civil rights are up for popular vote, but there you have it.  You should move to Seattle!

For sure- Unicorn pics- very soon  :biggrin:

Offline Ice Crystal

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2013, 03:25:09 PM »
It's so, so exciting. :heart:

Congrats on your marriage btw!! And your unicorn.

SalesWants
LOOKING FOR: "Quick" Rarity, Salty's accesories & Wavedancer's shell.
Please PM me if you have any of these for sale!

Offline wystearya

• Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2013, 03:29:31 PM »
Aww, congrats!

And I want to see the unicorn too!!

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2013, 03:31:45 PM »

I think the days for the gay marriage bans in states like AK (and sadly, many others) are numbered.  You'd think that the SC calling out DOMA as unconstitutional would unravel all of the bans- but they were careful to keep the decision limited to a states rights issue.  I guess most of the activists in states that ban gay marriage think the best way of overturning the bans is to force a public referendum to legalize it (like Washington did).

Kind of sad in my opinion that civil rights are up for popular vote, but there you have it.  You should move to Seattle!

Sorry I wasn't trying to rain on your parade! My wife still gets really excited when changes are made and makes sure to tell me all about it. I appreciate changes just hate that we're always the last to do it because of being so set in our ways in this state. I could move, and we talked about it before. I think though that's just running away from a problem that shouldn't exist. We like living here and maybe I'm stubborn? I shouldn't have to run off somewhere else to be treated fairly.

Anyway end of my mini "grrrr",lol

Did you paint your unicorn? :lookround:

Formerly Maddie

Offline StoryDreamer

• Go boldly
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Bri
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2013, 03:32:30 PM »

There's a ton of people campaigning in Ohio now, and we have a senator who's been fighting for it since the 1990s, so I hope and pray my marriage will be recognized in our state. And then we can pay more taxes, LOL!
Hey, want to review media or contribute an article about books, movies, comics, tv or video games from a woman's perspective? Check out my new media blog in the making, What the Fangirl LGBTQ+ friendly

Online BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2013, 03:57:09 PM »
Woohoo! :banana:

You know how I found out? When I got up and got on the interwebz, my Facebook newsfeed was FULL of messages and pictures of people on my friends list celebrating :lovey:

Awesome thing to see :D Every victory counts!

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2013, 03:58:49 PM »

Sorry I wasn't trying to rain on your parade! My wife still gets really excited when changes are made and makes sure to tell me all about it. I appreciate changes just hate that we're always the last to do it because of being so set in our ways in this state. I could move, and we talked about it before. I think though that's just running away from a problem that shouldn't exist. We like living here and maybe I'm stubborn? I shouldn't have to run off somewhere else to be treated fairly.

Anyway end of my mini "grrrr",lol

Did you paint your unicorn? :lookround:
No worries you didn't!  I'm just getting up on my soapbox again-  I'm super thrilled about the decision and feel lucky to be in a state where my marriage is legal- and I DO think you should stick around and fight!

I actually think just being really out is helpful.  It helps people with weird, ignorant ideas realize that gay people are actually pretty dang normal, and not the child-molesting sexual deviant god-killers that they feared.  Sadly enough, I think that having gay TV characters helps the ignorant masses even more...  whatever it takes, right? 

Super big hugs until things change in your state!

And yes- I painted him white- sprayed over with a pearly finish- he looks a teeeny bit fugly, but still cute  :lol:

There's a ton of people campaigning in Ohio now, and we have a senator who's been fighting for it since the 1990s, so I hope and pray my marriage will be recognized in our state. And then we can pay more taxes, LOL!
Hopefully it won't be long now!!

Offline Winter Bones

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2013, 04:06:02 PM »
 :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

Congrats from up north! Definitely a huge step in the right direction.

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2013, 04:09:56 PM »
Are you using him as a pinata? Don't beat him with sticks just because he's fugly. :lol:

Formerly Maddie

Offline kakenterprise

• Trade Count: (+65)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2013, 04:12:32 PM »
Woot I'm glad, it's about time!!

Offline dxgirly

• Trade Count: (+66)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 26, 2013, 05:16:30 PM »
Yay! Congrats on equal rights in your state. I'm pretty proud to come from the state that was first to legalize gay marriage. Yay for equality!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal