collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: New Equestria Girls Dolls Pictures  (Read 39211 times)

Offline ColdWarriors

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Bratz Pony
    • View Profile
Re: New Equestria Girls Dolls Pictures
« Reply #150 on: June 15, 2013, 09:40:51 PM »
I wonder if all the ponies will get deluxe sets? I want a jointed rarity, She's one of the better looking of the line (I may have to cut that long tail of hair though :P )
Formerly immaneedsomemuffin ;D

Offline BrightIdea

• Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: June 16, 2013, 01:28:14 AM »
Wow I actually quite like the other dolls. I especially want Rainbow Dash.

I am still not digging the fact that some of their eye makeup matches their hair so well, but I will definitely be on the lookout for these.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Filthy

• The Crazy Cat Lady
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: June 16, 2013, 01:49:39 AM »
...I'll just let this picture do the talking for me.

^This. I just... why?!
Thanks to Mandy85 for my avatar

Offline Rosette

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Pony Mail is Happy Mail :D
    • View Profile
    • My LiveJournal Blog
« Reply #153 on: June 16, 2013, 07:46:33 AM »
Wouldn't it be appalling if these dolls were so popular among young girls that My Little Pony, as a brand, no longer was pony-shaped?

I thought the dolls were trying to compete with Monster High.  Quality and design-wise, these don't make it.
I'm the Pony formerly known as "songtoisis".   ^.^

Evening_Moonstone

« Reply #154 on: June 16, 2013, 07:51:06 AM »

Source[/url]
Rainbow Brite called.  She wants her wardrobe back.

I am not a doll collector.  But I LOVE those MH customs of the MLP characters.  If the EQG set looked like those, I wouldn't have as much of an issue, since they actually look faithful to the original character designs and personalities.
But they are generic looking.  And I don't like them.  so :drama: I will not be buying any.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2013, 07:56:12 AM by Evening_Moonstone »

Offline ponymonster

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: June 16, 2013, 08:53:47 AM »
I love dolls. I love my little pony, and got into the franchise because of G4. I actually genuinely think the designs for the equestria girls movie are cute. I was SO READY to spend all my money on these.  :cry: What the heck, Hasbro?!? A child would probably want one of these because they liked the character in the movie, but they didn't even bother making them look like them? What's the point? Children are not as dumb as Hasbro seem to think they are  >_< I get that they want to cut corners and save money on production but come ON, how hard can it be to actually base the toys off the movie they spent money on making just as an excuse to market them???? I just don't get it, there is no logic here.

Sigh, I wanted to like them so badly  :( I'm gonna wait for owner photos and cross my fingers that I like them more after seeing them from more angles...

Offline PinkRosedust

• Trade Count: (+117)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • How bout i do anyway?
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: June 16, 2013, 10:16:07 AM »
I hate myself for saying it, but I think RD is actually a little cute, and I like her clothes. I don't really think "PONY" or even "RAINBOW DASH" when I see her though.

I feel like Hasbro really dropped the ball with this line. I, like others, assumed a big part of the reason they were doing this was to compete with Monster High. And if that is the case, these dolls should have the same amount of articulation (especially if they'll be costing around the same amount of money!) I didn't realize what an awesome thing that is until I got my first MH doll, then got a Winx club doll who only has knee joints. The knees help, but then the arms just hang there...

I don't know. I am interested to see what they really look like in person, but I definitely won't be spending gobs of money on these. If I were really wanting one, I might pay $10, but not more than that for what I'd be getting according to these photos we have. :/

And what's with every character wearing those boots?!
MLP sales Here Jewelry on Etsy Vintage toys on Etsy Toys and things on ebay

Offline Foxtale

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: June 16, 2013, 12:59:38 PM »
Wouldn't it be appalling if these dolls were so popular among young girls that My Little Pony, as a brand, no longer was pony-shaped?

There is my big fear right there. :blink: I would be so upset.

I still hope the actual dolls are better in person than the prototype images. These images seem all over the place; some are missing necks (eg TS) so I'm not passing too much judgement yet.

That being said my two comments are:

1) Are there two types of dolls? Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash appear to be fully articulate while the rest seem cheaper with molded clothing. If that is the case, I hope they release all the characters in the much nicer articulate versions. I was only going to buy one and and I want the mane 6 to choose from. :P

2) I hope their clothing in these images is way off from the production toys. From what I see so far its not interesting at all. I wish they looked exactly like the characters from the movie. The dolls look very different, which I understand has to do with development but the clothing is nowhere close to what they wore in the show (aside from the hoof boots). I wouldn't mind it being different... if it was nicer than the show.....

The movie was great so I'm still hoping the dolls turn out better in the end.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2013, 01:03:23 PM by Foxtale »
~Foxtale~

SajiNoKami

« Reply #158 on: June 16, 2013, 04:59:15 PM »
They are cute, but I don't care for the molded tops.
The fact they are all wearing skirts bothers me.
Really Apple Jack and Rainbow Dash?
It is not even practical for them to be wearing skirts.

Now those other jointed ones, if the clothes are not molded..
I would like those! XD
« Last Edit: June 16, 2013, 05:07:31 PM by SajiNoKami »

Offline FireflyTwilight

• Teeny Tiny Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: June 16, 2013, 07:29:18 PM »
They are not good as dolls. Keep MLP the way they are supposed to be. I have a favorite pony but I don't care for the doll version. It would have been great if this were an actual new MLP movie with them full time as ponies. They are only trying to USE the brand to make these doll versions popular.

Offline ShortyBoo

• Trade Count: (+212)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: June 17, 2013, 07:10:07 AM »
I'll buy Fluttershy, but that's it. And the first thing I'll do is cut that rat tail thing off. I don't like them enough to want all of them.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: June 17, 2013, 09:39:31 AM »
I think Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy are pretty cute! I love that they made them Jointed-  I don't mind that Rainbow Dash is wearing a Rainbow Brite kinda-outfit- since I LOVE Rainbow Brite!

I hope they make deluxe versions of all the dolls- they are SO much better than the crappy non-jointed ones...

I'm so excited to get them, YAY!   (Of COURSE I'd rather have an entire set of customs by Saply, but until then...)

Offline Rhini

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • MOC Mimic
  • In Ponyland, all the food is poison!
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: June 17, 2013, 01:48:23 PM »
New pictures in packaging, hnnghh do want! Entertainment earth has them up for sale. They look to be about MH sized? They are so getting re-bodied on MH bodies if they are >___> There seems to be a regular slim doll and then the deluxe ones

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: June 17, 2013, 01:51:00 PM »
New pictures in packaging, hnnghh do want! Entertainment earth has them up for sale. They look to be about MH sized? They are so getting re-bodied on MH bodies if they are >___> There seems to be a regular slim doll and then the deluxe ones

That is SUCH a good idea! They will look so cool wearing their new MH bodies!   I wish Amazon would get them back in stock...

Offline apanda0622

• Trade Count: (+177)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: June 17, 2013, 03:02:57 PM »
I actually like Fluttershy! I wasn't going to buy one but might have to get just her.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal