collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Pictures of the new MLP Funko Pop! Vinyl figures  (Read 7719 times)

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Pictures of the new MLP Funko Pop! Vinyl figures
« Reply #75 on: June 07, 2013, 10:05:59 AM »
Is it just me or does AJ seem to get left out more than the others?
Not just you thinking/seeing that. She and Rarity get much less merchandise compared to the other 4 mane ponies, and AJ certainly gets the least amount. ;_;

Because according to their ~*research*~ adult collectors a.k.a. "bronies" as we're all called nowadays hate the "girly one" and the "boring one" ;)

I have seen that most people think AJ is "boring" because she doesn't have weird quirks like the others, but Rarity? Last time I checked her fanbase was bigger than Fluttershy's.
Maybe that's just wishful thinking on my part because Rarity is my #1 out of the main six g4 ponies.

Offline Starly

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 07, 2013, 10:10:35 AM »
I don't think Rarity and AJ get any 'hate' at all, not much more than usual, anyway, I think Funko just knows that using popular BG ponies makes them wanna throw their money a bit more, so they run with it. Honestly don't like Fluttershy at ALL, but it doesn't matter to me as I'll only buy these if I see them in stores.

inb4 i only find Fluttershy

ANd by saying I don't like Fluttershy, I mean the character. seriouslywhyisshesopopular
« Last Edit: June 07, 2013, 10:12:39 AM by Starly »
When the Equestria Girls dolls show up in stores and you end up with unneeded doubles, PM me! I'll buy them!/i]

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 07, 2013, 10:11:51 AM »
I agree Zapper, I think it's strange that Rarity doesn't get much merchandise because she does seem to be one of the more popular characters in the brony fandom.
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline MidnightMocha

• Trade Count: (+249)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • But the stars in the sky look like home
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 07, 2013, 10:24:26 AM »
I think you see some ponies represented differently as popular depending on where you're looking, and I feel that Funko is probably looking exclusively at the most popular forums and sites for Brony culture. In which case, you would probably see the most discussion revolving around Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy, and Twilight, because of her recent transformation and because she is the 'main' character. Pinkie Pie, because she is represented a lot in other merch as it were, and Drama Pony and DJ because they fit the bill for the young adult into EDM and memes, and who is justifying their taste in TV shows. BTW I don't mean that in any derogatory way, I'm just stating it the way that Funko probably sees it and thus why they choose the characters they choose. I could be wrong, but it's just a thought.

Unfortunately, Rarity and Applejack are my favorites and lie on the extremes of the character spectrum, from girly to down to earth. The other ponies are more in between, and I think that may contribute to why the representation is the way that it is :(
Will always trade for limited edition/90s Pikachu stuff!

Offline LittleSpiffy

• Spifftastic!
  • Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 07, 2013, 10:31:25 AM »
I am loving them more than I thought I would!

Twilight's hair is awesome!

...I'd love to eventually see an Octavia...

Offline SeashellnBubbles

• Trade Count: (+170)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Tears are the last refuge of the damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 07, 2013, 10:38:10 AM »
To be honest I'm glad they released neither AJ nor Rarity in this wave. It gives them a chence to read feedback and perhaps perfect the look a little more, especially since AJ is the cutiest little baby in the show! I think the next wave will be more appealing, personally! Though if I had to choose one I'd go with Twilight or The Filter Is There For A Reason :drama: Pony...does anyone know if these are another annoying exclusive to HT or will they be released to other places that sell Funko as well?

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 07, 2013, 01:54:18 PM »
To be honest I'm glad they released neither AJ nor Rarity in this wave. It gives them a chence to read feedback and perhaps perfect the look a little more, especially since AJ is the cutiest little baby in the show! I think the next wave will be more appealing, personally! Though if I had to choose one I'd go with Twilight or The Filter Is There For A Reason Pony...does anyone know if these are another annoying exclusive to HT or will they be released to other places that sell Funko as well?

They are not a HT exclusive - neither are the other Funkos. Its just that HT get 6 months exclusivity before other retailers can carry them. With the POP! there is not even the 6 month period.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 07, 2013, 02:30:02 PM »
Because according to their ~*research*~ adult collectors a.k.a. "bronies" as we're all called nowadays hate the "girly one" and the "boring one" ;)

I have seen that most people think AJ is "boring" because she doesn't have weird quirks like the others, but Rarity? Last time I checked her fanbase was bigger than Fluttershy's.
Maybe that's just wishful thinking on my part because Rarity is my #1 out of the main six g4 ponies.
I didn't know people saw AJ as the boring one, but now that you mention it, she is a bit "normal" compared to the other 5 ponies. xD  I had thought the character popularity was something like (at least for bronies) :
Rainbow Dash > Pinkie Pie > Fluttershy >= Twilight Sparkle > Rarity > Applejack
I know for a time (like maybe around when season one was airing/ending), Rarity was the least popular out of the mane ponies and AJ was about as popular or more-so than TS. Then I think "Tara Strong" happened, and TS increased with popularity. xD
And I feel like a dork for saying this, but I read your " According to their research" part as if Dorothy Ann (from The Magic School Bus show) was saying it. xD I blame Netflix for putting the show up a few days ago.

ANd by saying I don't like Fluttershy, I mean the character. seriouslywhyisshesopopular
I think it's because she has that "innocently cute / adorable / "kawaii"/ "moe" personality thing that a lot of [online, at least] people (particularly anime fans and guys) like. Pretty much she's "The Cute Adorable" one.

I do feel that is the reason why Fluttershy appears on more merchandise (or at least gets more "priority") than Rarity and AJ. Twilight Sparkle is the main character (so that's given, especially with this Pop! line), Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie are fan favorites, and Fluttershy is the cute/sweet one that fans like (and more popular than AppleJack and Rarity).
Thank you so much for the adoptable, Corona! :D

Offline Tropical_Sunset

• Trade Count: (+86)
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 07, 2013, 08:24:32 PM »
These look...really weird.  I'll have to see them in person to know exactly what I think of them.  I think I like the Twilight but the others don't interest me.  My favorite characters are Luna, Rarity and Applejack, soooo...yeah.  Not much for me here.

Offline Tabbyclaw

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 07, 2013, 11:41:35 PM »
And I feel like a dork for saying this, but I read your " According to their research" part as if Dorothy Ann (from The Magic School Bus show) was saying it. xD I blame Netflix for putting the show up a few days ago.

Well, I know what I'm doing for the next couple days.

-Tabby
the princess with claws

Offline Winter Bones

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 08, 2013, 10:28:43 AM »
Well that was quick! Looks like these guys are already up for sale one ebay. I'd order one For Science but I'm all ponied out for the month. That, and I'm a bit indifferent to them.

Offline Sarah-Bee

• Alice Cooper's Minion Pony
  • Trade Count: (+163)
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 09, 2013, 03:33:54 AM »
I understand POP! is an acquired taste so I am seeing that they are POP! in style...

It is, definitely. I have Daryl from Walking Dead and hubby has a couple of Game of Thrones figures and we both think they're awesome. I loved the first release of Funko figures but I always wondered why they made them so pony when their line has it's own unique look. Don't get me wrong, I adore the first Funko ponies (plus they're heavy enough to bludgeon someone with) but I did wonder why they were made in that style and not in their usual style. Now I have the best of both worlds - BONUS!

Offline dxgirly

• Trade Count: (+66)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 09, 2013, 06:00:18 PM »
Rumor has it that Dr Whooves is also going to be released in addition to the six figures we already know about. DJ Pon-3 and :muffin: Pony are also (timed?) Hot Topic exclusives.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline PinkRosedust

• Trade Count: (+117)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • How bout i do anyway?
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 09, 2013, 08:05:05 PM »
They do kinda resemble the baby pony look in FiM. And honestly I don't like how babies look in FiM. =P
MLP sales Here Jewelry on Etsy Vintage toys on Etsy Toys and things on ebay

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 10, 2013, 03:42:23 AM »
Rumor has it that Dr Whooves is also going to be released in addition to the six figures we already know about. DJ Pon-3 and Drama Pony are also (timed?) Hot Topic exclusives.

I dont think I would be even remotely surprised by Dr Whooves being added to the mix...it seems standard practice that anything classed as "brony" merch is guaranteed to have these three background characters feature. Will be interesting to see what he looks like!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal