collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

Do you like the SDCC?

Yes, Love It!
29 (10.9%)
Yes, but its Not worth the money!
47 (17.7%)
No, Its not worth the money!
155 (58.5%)
Need to see it in person.
16 (6%)
Not sure yet.
18 (6.8%)

Total Members Voted: 217

Author Topic: SDCC pony revealed!  (Read 13549 times)

Offline xeevee

• Trade Count: (+159)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://x-eevee.deviantart.com
Re: SDCC pony revealed!
« Reply #270 on: June 06, 2013, 11:45:21 AM »
I wonder what the general reaction to her is on more Brony centric forums is.  Because in all honesty, I was expecting a g4 fan favourite, so that isn't my beef.  My problem is that you can already buy her, so how is she an exclusive figure? Glitter doesn't automatically make something extra special.

Offline Malicieuse

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • All gen collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: June 06, 2013, 12:00:57 PM »
I wonder what the general reaction to her is on more Brony centric forums is.  Because in all honesty, I was expecting a g4 fan favourite, so that isn't my beef.  My problem is that you can already buy her, so how is she an exclusive figure? Glitter doesn't automatically make something extra special.

People over at EQD seem to love her. I don't think anyone needs to hope that she will not be expensive. XP
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

BerryPunch

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #272 on: June 06, 2013, 12:05:33 PM »
I love it. I love Vinyl Scratch and I think it's awesome they're making figures of her.... but it's totally not worth the money. Maybe 30 bucks at the most.
Especially since Funko is gonna make one that will be way cheaper and will look very similar.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2013, 12:10:08 PM by BerryPunch »

Offline Sora

• Pokémon Master
  • Trade Count: (+17)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: June 06, 2013, 12:07:32 PM »
I love Vinyl, but I'm really not digging this figure. I was hoping for something more for the 30th Anniversary, G4 or otherwise...

Aqua Heart custom by Kitkumi!

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: June 06, 2013, 12:12:11 PM »

People over at EQD seem to love her. I don't think anyone needs to hope that she will not be expensive. XP

I kinda expected that.... Looks like Hasbro wins again.

Hasbro gets all the money and a sold out 'exclusive', the brony community gets to pat themselves on the back for how well the company listens to their demands, and the long-time collectors get to grumble and keep our money in our pockets...

A win-win situation for everyone except the long time collectors. As usual.
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Chikecion

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #275 on: June 06, 2013, 12:14:11 PM »
I think she is kinda cute, but a little tacky...
I have already bought a pre-order for her though, I am uber excited to see her in person!  :)

Offline Violet CLM

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Sunset Shimmer did nothing wrong
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: June 06, 2013, 12:23:03 PM »

A few people do... most reactions seem to be "that looks sort of weird" or "lol 'adult collectible'." It's not overtly negative, but nor is it a slam dunk by any means.

It doesn't hurt that bronies tend to have little to no idea of what's already been announced (or even found in stores). Every time there's a new photo of the Elements of Harmony blindbag Fluttershy, for example, a new batch of people get surprised. Once photos do come out of the Funko figure, a lot of people are going to make the comparison for themselves instead of thinking this is the first time any figure ever made has had molded hair.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2013, 12:28:44 PM by VioletCLM »

Offline GustyFox

• Trade Count: (+102)
  • A Planewalker fox in human disguise
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: June 06, 2013, 12:29:22 PM »
I like her,  not lots of love but she have my sympathy, yet I'm sure I won't ever have her.

Lovely GustyFox adoptable by MoonFlower. Thank you.

Offline Roogna

• Trade Count: (+594)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://roogna.deviantart.com
« Reply #278 on: June 06, 2013, 12:30:28 PM »

I kinda expected that.... Looks like Hasbro wins again.

Hasbro gets all the money and a sold out 'exclusive', the brony community gets to pat themselves on the back for how well the company listens to their demands, and the long-time collectors get to grumble and keep our money in our pockets...

A win-win situation for everyone except the long time collectors. As usual.

sadly, that's what I see as well Dragonflitter

in the past Hasbro would occasionally listen to long-time collectors, but only to a degree and would usually put their own spin on it so that we were left going well, *technically* that's what we asked for, but not really

since FiM, it seems like Hasbro has been bending over backwards for the bronies and practically ignoring the collectors. The Fair is still dominated by collectors of G1-G3 (though most of us love G4s just as much), and Hasbro should have noticed that there was a HUGE exodus after last year's exclusive sold out. Those people were not there to support Hasbro or MLP; they just wanted a certain gray pony

DeviantArt Etsy

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: June 06, 2013, 12:36:08 PM »

A few people do... most reactions seem to be "that looks sort of weird" or "lol 'adult collectible'." It's not overtly negative, but nor is it a slam dunk by any means.
Yeah, it seems to be either "OmG, must have her!! Awesome SDCC exclusive!" or "Eh, i'll wait for the Funko version / I can get a more show accurate custom figure for that price or cheaper / adult collectible? Lol ." from what I've read on EqD.
I sorta don't think she would sell out quite as fast as Ditzy Doo did last year, going by general reactions to the reveal.
Thank you so much for the adoptable, Corona! :D

Offline Violet CLM

• Sunset Shimmer did nothing wrong
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: June 06, 2013, 12:50:29 PM »
Higher res

It's interesting that it's not marketed as a toy, but they're still careful to round off all the sharp points on her hair.

Offline svleonard

• Trade Count: (+194)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: June 06, 2013, 01:46:20 PM »
Higher res

It's interesting that it's not marketed as a toy, but they're still careful to round off all the sharp points on her hair.

Yeah, her hair tips look like paint dripping down a wall  :huh:

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: June 06, 2013, 02:10:45 PM »
I love it. I love Vinyl Scratch and I think it's awesome they're making figures of her.... but it's totally not worth the money. Maybe 30 bucks at the most.
Especially since Funko is gonna make one that will be way cheaper and will look very similar.

This is exactly how I feel. I like her a lot but not at that price and certainly not at any kind of inflated after market price. I can just get the Funko one and add glitter for much less. I would have preferred a brushable FS DJ Pon3 like last year's Bubble Butt at the same price as last year.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: June 06, 2013, 02:14:01 PM »

I think Hasbro thinks it does. :P

Offline CuddlyParrot

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • Cuddlyparrot's Nestbox
« Reply #284 on: June 06, 2013, 02:28:19 PM »
Seeing the higher resolution images she is growing on me. Makes me wonder what she is made from and if I can saw off the hair and maker her brushable..... hmm...

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal